84 replies to this topic

#61 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 09 October 2021 - 07:36 AM

Hey out there......Anyone else noticing the price increase in dog food and the severe shortage of Ivermectin?  Just about to kill Jill.  She called and ran all over the state hunting "sensitive diet" and heart worm meds for these kids. 

What the stores are telling her is that customers are using Ivermectin for Covid cures.  What the heck is wrong with their brains?  So now the farmers and dog people can't get it for heartworm.  Has the whole darn world gone crazy?  We can get one bag of food at this store and one bag from another store.  We have 15 kids here and we need supplies.  What a mess this world is in.  HELP!

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#62 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 11 October 2021 - 01:24 PM

I have noticed an increase in the price of dog food, but also price increases in just about everything, especially gas!  The ivermectin thing is just crazy.  Yes, stupid people are using a livestock and dog deworming medication as a supposed "cure" for Covid.  I don't trust myself to say anything more.  I have enough heartworm meds to get my dogs through the spring, and I just hope the insanity will have passed by the time I need more.

What brand of dog food are you looking for?  I've not noticed any bare shelves at any of the stores I shop at.  But the prices, yikes!

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#63 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 11 October 2021 - 06:33 PM

We;ve been going to SAM's for the canned Pedigree that I feed Britany.  She's good on that and refuses almost all others and at 19 yrs of age I don't want to upset her any.  The Diamond Naturals Chicken has gone up $5 and they only have a bag or two.  Purina Sensitive Stomach we're getting from Chewy.com   And just finally found a food that Peanut will eat, Solid Gold Sensitive Stomach.  A friend came out to work on my roof this week end and had a bag of it in her truck.  Gave it to us.  First thing she has ever eaten for more than 2 meals.  WOW!  Look at that price!  Like I said before.........the kids that are left here are very HIGH MAINTENANCE!  Trying to get ready for winter.  I'm going to hibernate.  And by the way..............the roof is looking great.  It just has to get me through a couple more years.  And Carol sure knows her stuff.  A real "dog person".  Didn't have to lock up a single dog.

#64 adm

adm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 11:46 AM

Arda:  I just ordered three bags of Diamonds Natural Chicken and Rice for you to be delivered tomorrow by Amazon.  Let us know what you need so we can all pitch in.  You deserve all the assistance from all of us who appreciate everything you do and have done for the Dobes.

#65 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 12:51 PM

I'm on the hunt for dog food in the stores near me.  I'm PMing with Jill to figure out exactly which varieties to get.  I'll be in touch with you to arrange dropping it off when (hopefully), I can find some!

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#66 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 06:28 PM

Cheri.........What a surprise.  Five bags of Diamond and a case for Britney.  I just can't thank you enough.  And I will remember Nancy forever.  Thank you for thinking of us.  We are trying to get ready for the coming winter which I hear is going to be a blinger.  Evan the squirrels and chipmunks are staking up pine cones for the winter.  And I am storing up TV dinners for me.  Evan pulled the drain on the pond to drop the level of the pond so I don't have to go in after anyone this year.  Now all I need is for MEC to hook up the electricity to the back building for the water pail for Squirt.  And then bring it on.  Many thanks to Cheri and ADM for the food we will need.

#67 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 08:53 AM

Arda, I was so happy to help.  I'm not sure who "adm" is above, but I want to say thank you to him or her for their donation, too, and for all of the other folks I know are helping you out, either with donations or helping you in person at the Swamp, or in other ways, like what Joaquin is doing to keep the board going.  It takes a village, right?

It was great to meet Jill in person. :)

That sounds like a good idea to lower the water in the pond.  I, too, have heard that winter is supposed to be especially cold and snowy this year.  Not looking forward to that......

#68 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 06:23 PM

Another THANKS goes out to Chuck for the bags of food for the kids.  Hope they didn't give you too much trouble at the gate.  THANKS!

#69 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 01:08 PM

Gotta tell ya another short tail............It frosted Sunday night and I had some plants to bring in from the deck.  "B" team was out in the yard and the deck is fenced off so that they can scream at each others without touching.  Front door is open to drag the plants in and Mouth and Jada are under foot to see what I am doing.  Here comes "B" to add their 2 cents.  Jada was so mad that she bit through the rolled up hose that was hanging on the rails.  Water everywhere.  Now they can't get back to the open door cus the water is spraying all over them.  So MOM to the rescue and with a big old cane for animal control, I drove them through the water and into the house.  Now you know what crates are used for.  "Get your butts to bed."  Jill will be so thrilled to see what happened to the hose she worked so hard to install this Spring.  Did I ever tell you that I hate Dobermanns?

#70 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 07:40 AM

I guess you can be grateful that your life is never boring! :doberman: :devil: :w00t:  Yep, you've told us many times how much you hate Dobermanns. ;) :LOL:

#71 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 12:09 PM

AND today's trick while I was fixing "B" teams breakfast............she found a box of Ridx and tore it all apart in her crate.  What a mess.  And all I wanted to do is watch the reruns of Tom Sellac. 

#72 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 08:36 PM

I don't know about straight Ivermectin but we have a site we are able to order Heartgard plus, let me know if you want some of that Arda and we can make it happen.  Food too, the TSC up near us seems to always have Diamond so let us know if you can't find it again.  Money from Paypal is on the way Arda.

#73 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 08:38 PM

Big Ole Oaf is just like his owner.........a great big Teddy Bear.  All squishy and sweet!

Squishy!!!  Not as much as I used to be hehe.  I lost 100 lbs.........then I found some of it back........then now lost some of it again.  But I'm down a couple pant sizes so not so squishy anymore!

#74 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 07:39 AM

I like sweet and squishy!

#75 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 05:08 PM

Hello All!

I just found this thread here. 

Arda, I left a message for you in the staff section. You can answer me from there.

Good to see you all, will have to read a little bit to catch up, but just passing by for a minute here.

Peanut is great! Will attach a couple of pics. She walks at least 1.5 hours a day. Everybody in the neighborhood knows her. She plays, lives to eat, has a routine like an alarm clock and if it wasn’t for her we wouldn’t know what to do when!

I miss you all! I’m making lentil soup and it’s time to eat. Hope everyone has been well.

HEY! No one gets a treat until I do.

Happy Halloween!

Just put the Milk Bone next to the pumpkin.

Attached File  D0C9DFB7-19F9-4B0A-A44B-0FBE01568C2E.jpeg   109.98KB   0 downloads

Are you ready yet? Time for my walk. And then there is lunch. And then there is my pill. And then there is play time. And then there is dinner. Don’t forget that niblet of ham, I smell ham, are you having lentil soup? I just want the ham. And then you can let me out, and then you can wrap me in my quilt. You getting all this, Mom, you look blank.

Attached File  5AAF6DD8-4630-4349-BE30-84CC7048CFD9.jpeg   204.82KB   0 downloads

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#76 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 06:32 PM

Oh what a pampered pooch.  Glad to see she's still running your household.  I pray that you are all doing well!  I'm still holding on.  Just me and Squirt and 14 misfits.

#77 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 08:34 PM

Miss you like crazy! And all the dobe faces that need petting.

Peanut is getting white on her face this year! Never had one do that before. I mean her red is turning white like a Chihuahua lol!

We are doing okay. Peanut’s dad is having knee surgery next month and you know how that rehab is. You are still an inspiration! Still remember how you were never going to be able to use that hand/arm again. And here you are still with 14 seniors. Makes me all sentimental … Love you olde woman.

Here is Peanut babysitting the neighbor’s puppy …

Attached File  F7003B02-5E7B-4C0B-986C-FFE382B2E6DF.jpeg   126.06KB   0 downloads

And here is what it feels like for all of the dogs you have helped.

Attached File  5BE56D05-67B6-4168-8C4D-D35A19574156.jpeg   62.69KB   0 downloads

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#78 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 08:23 AM

Dobeluvr, it's so nice to see you on the board again!  I hope you'll check in again soon.  Peanut looks great, healthy, happy, and very well-loved. :)

#79 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 07:16 PM

Thank you Cheri!

What a walk down memory lane just to see the names. So sentimental.

Hope you and everyone has wonderful holidays!

Thanks for responding.

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#80 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 02:08 PM

Here I am again..........second part of a tail I told last winter.  Three of the kids went through the ice on the pond and I went in after them.........Well, I have thought about it all summer and the only solution for me was to pull the drain tube out of the pond and let all the water out of it.  Soooo...........We did it.  Pulled the drain pipe out and the pond drained to a messy bog of very thick and slippery sludge.  Then it rained.....and rained....and rained.  Till the sludge covered the drain and filled the pond to the brim.  And I mean FULL stage.  We tried to clear the pipe but to no avail.  Even to Jill losing one of her most previous body parts to the attempt.  A bunch of dumb women trying to drain a swamp.  Well don't ever think we gave up.  Next attempt to save the pond was Celeste borrowed her son's fishing waders.  It's a suit that comes up to her neck like a sandwich bag.  And in she went.  Sinking at least 18" in the sludge and wading around til her foot was sucked into the drain.  GOT IT!  The drain was found.  Then we let it drain over night and back into the waders the next day.  She waded in and found the drain and stuck the over-flow pipe back on it.  All is well.  The pond is starting to fill again from the under ground streams and we are back to the start.  I think I will post signs all around the pond in dog sign language.  "NO DOGS ALLOWED".  And I will watch them more closely this winter.  Cus I'm not going in that darn pond again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users