• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Laurie

Laurie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:30 PM

Koda lost his battle with Lymphoma today. We adopted Koda in Jan. 2003, he was around five years old. Koda was an amazing Doberman, he will be missed tremendously. My heart aches as I write, its so hard to believe he's gone.
Tears,
The Potter Family

Attached Files

#2 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:36 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful boy he was. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Ella & Princess
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#3 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:56 PM

So sorry for your loss. They are never with us long enough. I hope your memories help to ease the pain.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#4 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:00 PM

Laurie, I am soo sory to hear of this loss. :whistling:
It hurts so bad when we lose them. Seems the time with them is never ever long enough.
He will always be with you in your heart. May the fond memories bring you comfort soon.

Our thoughts are with you, Dozer, and the rest of your family.

The Gray's
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#5 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:19 PM

Laurie, I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs being sent to you. Koda was a very regal, handsome boy. Mary

Edited by oreo5129, 12 October 2006 - 04:19 PM.

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#6 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:21 PM

What a gorgeous boy. I'm so sorry for your loss--I wish we never had to say goodbye. :whistling:

#7 chimommy

chimommy

Chimommy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:27 PM

Koda was a gorgeous boy. May his memories help to ease your pain. Saying good-bye has to be the hardest thing for a dog owner. We are sorry for the loss of your boy.
Lorie and family

#8 scott

scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:51 PM

He really was a fine looking boy, So sorry to hear of your loss!!

Scott
"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's." - Mark Twain, Letter to W D Howells, 4/2/1899

#9 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:01 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss. Dober kisses being sent your way
If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." -- Mark Twain

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. -Roger Caras

#10 Eric D

Eric D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:06 PM

It is so sad to loose anyone this close to our hearts. I am sure that Koda would have not wanted to spend his days here on earth with anyone but the Potter family. Sorry to here of his passing.

#11 LuvmydobeApollo

LuvmydobeApollo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:12 PM

Im so sorry to hear about your loss. He sure was a gorgeous dobe. Its one of the hardest things to go through, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharen and Eva :whistling:

#12 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:02 PM

Oh Laurie,

I am so very sorry. I remember how wonderful Koda was with Bixby at the Expo two years ago. He was so good with the kids too. They had so much fun together.

You gave him a wonderful life and you will see he again at the bridge. Please give your family my condolences.

I have attached a Koda at the expo. What a beautiful boy!

Allison, Bixby & Sasha

Attached Files

• Attached File  pose.JPG   106.91KB   4 downloads

Edited by aanderson, 12 October 2006 - 08:02 PM.

#13 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:36 PM

Laurie,

So sorry for the loss of your cherished family member. Koda was absolutely beautiful. May the memories you have remain forever in your heart and in your mind.

Cheryl
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#14 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

Laurie,
Sorry to hear you lost Koda, he was a Beautiful
Red Boy! We never have them long enough..... :whistling:

Daisy

#15 dobes4ever

dobes4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:21 AM

So sorry to hear you lost Koda, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Just try to remember all the good times he has brought, maybe that will ease the pain a little.
Mike & Peg
Gretta
& Kloee the cat!
!

RV Innovations, LLC
RV Decks & Supplies
On-Line Store Coming Soon

#16 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:45 AM

My heart is breaking with yours. What a shame. And what a great dog he was. Know that we are all grieving with you. Time and only time can mend this pain.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#17 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:52 AM

Laurie, I am so sorry. His time was much too short with you.

#18 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:46 AM

So sorry. Hugs are being sent with a silent prayer. What a beautiful dog he was. No words can take away the hurt, Just recall memories.
Kzoo

#19 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:54 AM

I cry for you at your loss and again cry for all the others that have died, especially my beautiful Blue. I am just so sorry. Thank God for the ones that are alive because for me they help ease the pain. We will be thinking of you and your loss. Love, Vicki, Gracie and Coby

#20 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:32 AM

Oh, Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! It's so hard to say good bye, but something we must all face one day. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Mandy
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users