45 replies to this topic

#1 Jodi

Jodi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:04 PM

I wanted to get some more pictures over to you guys of Otis in his new home. Since I don't have a digital camera of my own, I can only get shots when I've borrowed one, so I only have a few. My favorite picture got deleted accidentally, as I'm still learning this whole digital process!! (Ugh - downloading, resizing, etc)

So the pics I have are:
1 & 2 - Otis getting comfy in his favorite spot.....next to the heat vent :) I swear, you'd think it was only 50 degrees in my house....and he refuses to stay under a blanket!
3 & 4 - Otis watching out the front window....my protector!! We're working on his barking. He doesn't yet realize that he doesn't need to get so worked up when someone's just walking by (or walking by on the opposite side of the street). He's getting better, but I still have to wash the nose prints off my window everyday :hug:

I still think Otis would do good with a sister, but since I've been layed off from my job, any new additions will have to wait.

Attached Files

#2 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:19 PM

Sure is a great looking guy, good pictures.

#3 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:21 PM

Otis sure is a handsome boy! :hug: Sorry to hear you've been laid off, but on the bright side - you now have more time to spend with Otis. :)
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Darlin' Darcy - CGC
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC
SCD's Liddle Diddles - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
SCD's One Cool Dude (7/05-4/10)
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)
Sheeba (BYB) (11/82-4/93)

#4 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:24 PM

He is gorgeous. Thanks for the pictures.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#5 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

He doesn't yet realize that he doesn't need to get so worked up when someone's just walking by (or walking by on the opposite side of the street).

Sounds like someone else I know........ :) Just don't leave the couch in front of the window or any furniture for that matter. I'll show you want happened to my couch once I get my new camera.
Otis is beautiful!
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#6 Jodi

Jodi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

When I left with Otis, Arda told me, "He's one that's gonna make you proud!" I didn't realize then what she meant, as I just wanted him to fill up some emptiness in my life.....but now, I've learned a whole new meaning of proud. He's the best thing that's happened to me in a very long time, and evertime he gives me "that look" or picks up on a new command or shows me how he reacts to a new situation, I'm filled with the pride only a parent can know. Thanks to everyone who made it possible for us to find each other....I'm forever grateful!!

#7 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:12 PM

He is a beautiful boy-or handsome, I should say. I don't know if Nemo would defend our home, or not. He happly greets anyone that comes to the door, and I swear he would go home with them if they would take him. We always are wiping nose prints from door glass as well as doors.

Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#8 annelene

annelene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:52 PM

Otis looks like he's made himself right at home with you. You sound like a very proud mom already. Isn't it funny how they can stamp a paw print of love on your heart so fast. Sadies Mom Annelene

#9 Jodi

Jodi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:01 PM

I don't know if Nemo would defend our home, or not. He happly greets anyone that comes to the door, and I swear he would go home with them if they would take him.

Well that's the funny thing....walk up to the door and into the house, only wiggly-butt Otis greats you with many licks, but try to walk past the house on EITHER side of the street and he's "I'm gonna tear you up" raised line down the back Otis. First I worked with him about not jumping up on the windowsill, now I'm having him sit once I come to the window and see what he's barking about, we've just started the "no more barking" once I tell him "it's ok".....he continues whining, but he DOES stop barking. The other funny thing is he's so submissive when he's somewhere else, but in his house he gets to flaunt his alpha role.

When he first came, I did have some plants in front of the window. Within the first couple of days I had to move those to the other end of the room because he's so attentive to what's happening out there. :) I'll be sure to leave a clear path for him when I move more furniture into that room.

#10 annelene

annelene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

Well that's the funny thing....walk up to the door and into the house, only wiggly-butt Otis greats you with many licks, but try to walk past the house on EITHER side of the street and he's "I'm gonna tear you up" raised line down the back Otis. First I worked with him about not jumping up on the windowsill, now I'm having him sit once I come to the window and see what he's barking about, we've just started the "no more barking" once I tell him "it's ok".....he continues whining, but he DOES stop barking. The other funny thing is he's so submissive when he's somewhere else, but in his house he gets to flaunt his alpha role.

When he first came, I did have some plants in front of the window. Within the first couple of days I had to move those to the other end of the room because he's so attentive to what's happening out there. :) I'll be sure to leave a clear path for him when I move more furniture into that room.

This morning I had a deer within 20 feet of my fence, just looking at my cedar trees as if they were a holiday dinner. Sadie didn't voice a bark, so I walked toward the deer and barked myself. She got the idea real fast, once the deer started moving. Just hope the neighbors didn't see me do that. At least you didn't have to teach Otis to bark.

#11 Jodi

Jodi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:26 PM

so I walked toward the deer and barked myself. She got the idea real fast, once the deer started moving. Just hope the neighbors didn't see me do that. At least you didn't have to teach Otis to bark.

That is too funny!! and too cute!!!

#12 Annie Moon

Annie Moon

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:05 AM

He is a beautiful Dobe.
Sorry about your lay off. It's getting tough all over the state.
In Memory of Mariah He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.  ~Unknown~

#13 IcesMommy

IcesMommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:49 PM

Otis *is* stunning Jodi!
So regal!
Ginny

Mommy to Beautiful Ice Goddess "Ices"
Born March 31 1997
Gotcha Day from her first Mommy Arda December 6 1998
Returned Home To God October 14 2008

Mommy to Luna (chi)
and SCD Fancy Joye!

Genesis 1:30
All the creatures are given breath by God, breath=soul
All souls go to Heaven.

Our babies are all waiting for us, for how could it be called Heaven without animals?

#14 Jodi

Jodi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:06 AM

Well it's been a while since I've updated everyone. The years been full of job searches and such, not that I'm complaining because it's given me and Otis lots of time together! :chris: This year has also brought some new additions, as my folks and their dog, Shelby, moved in last May. Shelby is a 12 year old Lab, who WAS set in her ways....but that big lug of mine has her chaising squirrels in the yard and jumping for balls and frisbees. He respects that sometimes she crawls up on the furniture (she's old and sometimes can't handle the floor) and never tries to do it himself. He does however ask to crawl in bed with me. More often than not I do let him, but he doesn't put up a fuss when I tell him "No" either. He's a good boy!

So I'm attaching a few pictures from the last couple of months. It's hard to believe I've only have him since Valentine's Day! I still say he's the best Valentine's Day Present I ever received! Thanks Arda and everyone else for making it possible!

OK, bear with me.....I've gotta resize them to get them posted. I'll edit my post to add them. :LOL: (Sorry for the tease..LOL)

Attached Files

Edited by Jodi, 31 October 2009 - 01:22 AM.

#15 Jodi

Jodi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:24 AM

Oh, and he absolutely LOVES, LOVES, LOVES his frisbees!!! So do I, they tire him out :chris:

I'll try and get some pictures of he and Shelby squirrel hunting in the yard.

#16 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:34 AM

Nice pictures! :chris: He sure is one happy boy. Looking forward to the pictures of Otis and Shelby together.
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Darlin' Darcy - CGC
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC
SCD's Liddle Diddles - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
SCD's One Cool Dude (7/05-4/10)
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)
Sheeba (BYB) (11/82-4/93)

#17 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

He's a beautiful boy. The second pix is my favorite. What a cute face. :chris:

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#18 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:44 PM

He is so cute. Can't wait to see pictures of both puppies.
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#19 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

Love that, Beautiful Boy

Nancy
Nancy

"Until one has LOVED AN ANIMAL, part of
their SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"

"
Yesterday is "HISTORY", Today is a "GIFT" and Tomorrow is a "MYSTERY"

"Always always try to be the" BEST YOU CAN BE"

Do not walk in front of me - I may not follow.
Do not walk behind me - I may not lead.
But walk beside me - and be my friend.

May you always have Love to Share
Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

Forever locked in my Heart

"I CARRY YOUR HEARTS IN MY HEART"........FOREVER

My "WHITE ANGEL".....Sweet sweet Schaudeh
4/17/1999...............5/14/2013
My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009
My "Miks Von Rom Mateese"
7/6/1990..........4/4/1999

"I LOVED you yesterday, I LOVE you today, and I will LOVE you tomorrow'"
for you have never really left me

#20 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

What a great looking boy! Luv my two but still have a thing for croped ears. Someone did Mikaela's but it was a botched job--looks like she has bat wings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users