32 replies to this topic

#1 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:41 AM

It is with a heavy heart I have to tell you that my heart son, Mr. Munchkin, crossed the Bridge of a apparent heart attack on Thanksgiving night about 7pm. Dr. Coreen had heard a heart murmur earlier this year but it wasn't "bad" and neither she nor the vet who did his dental in July felt any meds were necessary. He was eating well, had no respiratory problems that we noted, etc.

Luckily (for me) my pet sitter happened to stop by and was there with him when it happened. This way we know he didn't suffer, went quickly and quietly, and what happened. She had never seen an animal die before so it was rather unnerving for her.

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#2 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:46 AM

Joni , I'm so sorry about Mr. Munchkin . He had a great life and family with you and the fur kids . My thoughts and prayers are with you . :hug:
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#3 dobes4ever

dobes4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:24 PM

We are so sorry to hear about Mr. Munchkin. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Mike & Peg
Gretta
& Kloee the cat!
!

RV Innovations, LLC
RV Decks & Supplies
On-Line Store Coming Soon

#4 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:46 PM

Dear Auntie Joni,

We are sorry for your loss.

Love,

Cocoa and Val
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#5 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:07 PM

So sorry to hear of Mr. Munchin's passing, Joni! You're in my thoughts and prayers.... :hug:
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#6 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:08 PM

I'm so sorry Joni.....I know how much Mr Munchkin meant to you and to your dobergirls. I loved seeing the pics of him snuggled up with Bella and Skitter. He sure was loved :hug: . Peace to you.

Karen
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#7 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:31 PM

Oh, Joni, I'm so sorry for your loss.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#8 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:42 PM

We're so sorry for your loss of Mr. Muchkin. Run free little kitty.
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#9 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

Thanks guys!!! Yeah, I miss him terribly... He was my bed cuddler... He would stretch himself out along my back and we would keep each other warm at night...

This were taken a few days before his death in his new favorite spot in my bedroom window...
Attached File  PB150396_small.JPG   226.57KB   1 downloads

Here is with George, one of the two kittens I adopted in October
Attached File  PB160399_small.JPG   248.93KB   1 downloads

Joni
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

#10 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:53 PM

Joni, I am so sorry. He was such an important part of your life. My thoughts are with you. Heather

#11 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:57 PM

Here is with George, one of the two kittens I adopted in October
Attached File  PB160399_small.JPG   248.93KB   1 downloads

What a sweet picture. :hug:
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#12 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:59 PM

Joni
I am so sorry about Mr Munchkin. He was very much loved. Your in my thoughts and prayers. Run free sweet kitty
Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#13 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:54 PM

What a sweet picture. :hug:

It took a lot to get to that point... I thought George was a girl when I adopted him but noticed about a week later the "plumbing" wasn't girl plumbing... LOL Munchkin would beat the crap out of George when they were all loose together but after about two weeks, he started to loosen up... It was like George knew he had to win Munch over and would follow him everywhere and do everything Munch would do... LOL I adopted two so there would be the "odd man out" that you always have with three and it was Calvin & Emmalin and Munch & George...

Here are a couple of scrapbook pages I did a couple of weeks ago about them... (I don't have the thumbnails with me so here are the links. I'll post tonight when I get home...)
"I shoulda been called Simba"
King in Training

Joni

#14 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:00 PM

Joni, I am so sorry for the lost of an important and loved family memory. My thoughts are with you.

Mary and T

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#15 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:17 PM

It took a lot to get to that point... I thought George was a girl when I adopted him but noticed about a week later the "plumbing" wasn't girl plumbing... LOL Munchkin would beat the crap out of George when they were all loose together but after about two weeks, he started to loosen up... It was like George knew he had to win Munch over and would follow him everywhere and do everything Munch would do... LOL I adopted two so there would be the "odd man out" that you always have with three and it was Calvin & Emmalin and Munch & George...

Here are a couple of scrapbook pages I did a couple of weeks ago about them... (I don't have the thumbnails with me so here are the links. I'll post tonight when I get home...)
"I shoulda been called Simba"
King in Training

Beautiful pages, Joni! :hug:
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#16 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

Joni,

We are so sorry for your loss. The picture of him "hugging" George is so beautiful. Run free, Mr. Munchkin.

Sarah, Joaquin, Alley and Buddy

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#17 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:41 PM

Joni,

So sorry about the loss of your bud. It's never easy, I know. Beautiful pics--he sure looked like one contented kitty.

#18 MarlysMom

MarlysMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:14 PM

Joni, we are so sorry for your loss. Many warm thoughts & prayers for you.
Kim, Marley & Bella

#19 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

Very sorry for your loss of Munchkin, he was a very handsome kitty and had a wonderful life with you and will be missed by many.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#20 Dobiegirl51

Dobiegirl51

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:10 PM

So sorry for your loss.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users