35 replies to this topic

#21 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

So glad to hear the good news! She does indeed look like a happy, carefree dog in the photo. And I love the photo of her and Tayla! Keep us posted. I sure hope the meds continue to work. :Four Leaf Clover:

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#22 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

She's a weird one. If she likes you, she's great. But if for some reason she doesn't she will nip at you. Heather was here one day and Jade was right there to be petted. Then she walked away maybe 6 dog steps. And stood there for about 30 to 45 seconds. Then turns around and walks back like she had thought it all out, and bites Heathers finger. Like what the heck. We had heard on the internet that she was being dumped because she had bitten. So we could NOT adopt her out. And I got along with her so this is her home. She has this funny little habit that she does. She holds your leg in one front leg so you can't walk away. Like "Pet me, pet me". It's so cute.
I have backed her Metacam down to a 55pound dose. Everything is fine. Also dropped the muscle relaxer down to 1/2 dose - 2 times a day. I wanted a little leeway as she progresses. We all know there is no fix to Wobblers so I want her comfortable and I watch her daily. The heavier dose relaxed the colon too much. This is one of those situations where we play with the meds a bit to make it all do it's best for her.
She's wobbly but she runs around in the yard and enjoys herself. God we love her.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#23 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

I can relate Jade, I either like ya or I DON'T.....and
I have been around someone liking them....walk away...
5 seconds later think HMMMMMM DO I REALLY LIKE THEM,
then I might bite.

You go girl....PRAYERS
Nancy

"Until one has LOVED AN ANIMAL, part of
their SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"

"
Yesterday is "HISTORY", Today is a "GIFT" and Tomorrow is a "MYSTERY"

"Always always try to be the" BEST YOU CAN BE"

Do not walk in front of me - I may not follow.
Do not walk behind me - I may not lead.
But walk beside me - and be my friend.

May you always have Love to Share
Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

Forever locked in my Heart

"I CARRY YOUR HEARTS IN MY HEART"........FOREVER

My "WHITE ANGEL".....Sweet sweet Schaudeh
4/17/1999...............5/14/2013
My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009
My "Miks Von Rom Mateese"
7/6/1990..........4/4/1999

"I LOVED you yesterday, I LOVE you today, and I will LOVE you tomorrow'"
for you have never really left me

#24 dobie sunshine

dobie sunshine

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:49 PM

Pics of Jade from this past weekend

Attached Files

#25 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:03 PM

She's holding her own.  She's 8 or 9 years old.  Diagnosed with Wobblers over 2 years ago.  Wobblers is far worse than DCM.  The mind is with her.  She's just losing the ability to use her legs.  She was sure a dog to reckon with in her younger days.

#26 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:41 PM

Prayers for Jade she is such a sweet girl. I loved her leg hugs when I was there.

Love the picture of Jade Thanks for sharing.

#27 LibbyTea

LibbyTea

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

You can almost hear her lapping up water.

#28 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

I can't imagine how cold that water is!!!!

#29 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:27 PM

Makes my feet cold looking at her.

#30 Lori

Lori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:06 AM

She's so beautiful....I didn't know she was a nipper and from the way she bumped me for scritches and leaned for hugs I wouldn't have believed she ever bit anyone. {{ hugs }} for that pretty girl.

#31 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:56 AM

She's still a beauty.  I'm glad to hear she's still hanging in there.

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#32 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

Jade is only one of the Wobbler dogs we have had in here.  Jade was diagnosed over 2 years ago.  Mr Chatterley was diagnosed only at Thanksgiving.  And then Karma.  We had her xrayed when her sister Kira showed up with it over a year ago.  Lori got to see my rejects when she was here Sunday.   They are very impressive to look at but they can be a real hand full to live with.  It took 3 years to housebreak Dennis.  We have all learned to push the crate door closed with our foot for Hunden.  Nickie came in at 5 mon with a broken leg and the ability to pee on your foot as he met you. Dixie's heart was so bad that she didn't have a chance anywhere but she was here for over 2 years before it totally gave out.   FussE is terrified of storms, horns, and lightney.  Diamond is 11 years old.  I guess I have to admit that the only one  I have that wasn't totally messed up is Mickey.  I really don't consider Chaos a dog.  And most people who meet him don't think he is either.  The sad part is that they all deserve a chance at a full life so we make it as full a life as possible right here where they are safe.  A lot of the dogs that you people have from here were rejects that we got to rally.  They are all so special to us.

#33 LibbyTea

LibbyTea

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:19 PM

I think you would have to define reject! I just might fit under that heading.

#34 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:16 AM

We all do, LibbyTea.  We make a little difference in someone or somethings life.  Anymore that is rare.

#35 Lori

Lori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:28 AM

All those lovely fur kids are rejects?? If so, then I want to be a reject too. Maybe that's why I feel so strongly about these guys no one else wants. They just have special personality quirks and charachter, with a little attitude wrapped in a furry package. The challenge is to interpet what it is they are telling you. { my fuzzy logic } It's amazing Arda how you work past all the problems and end up with such a loveable crew. You and your staff are exceptional human beings. I LOVE your rejects... :doberman:  I would never get a Dobe from anywhere else. {{ hugs }}

#36 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

She's a weird one. If she likes you, she's great. But if for some reason she doesn't she will nip at you. Heather was here one day and Jade was right there to be petted. Then she walked away maybe 6 dog steps. And stood there for about 30 to 45 seconds. Then turns around and walks back like she had thought it all out, and bites Heather's finger. Like what the heck. 

It was hilarious.  It really was like she thought about it and said to herself, "No...just gonna have to bite her."   Has never shown me any malice since.  It is in my little mental file of "odd stuff I don't understand."

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users