• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Austin And Missy

Austin And Missy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:48 AM

Our beautiful boy Yoshi passed suddenly tonight. He was playing with his best friend Zelda, our Labrador and he was snuggling with my wife all night. He put his head in my lap, licked my hand. He seemed like nothing was wrong. We let him outside to use the bathroom before bed and a few minutes he just lay down and was gone. I expect DCM? I'm very crushed, i'm devastated, but I wouldn't give up our 7 years together. 

He was a handful almost too much at the beginning and we honestly had a very tough time at first. Very quickly he became the most loving animal I have ever known. There was only one thing that he desired more then anything and that was to be by our side, and he was through other tough times for us. It's difficult now how much I emotionally rely on my pets because their love is so unconditional. I know I will get through this, but I know I am losing a piece of myself and my life. I have known love, and he was 75 lbs of brown doberman love. 

Thank you Arda, thank you to the forum member who made Yoshi his Snood. Recently that has been his favorite thing in the world. He was always a bit of a trouble maker, but he would carry his snood around his mouth and it'd keep him from going after anything else. He really really was attached to it like a security blanket. Thank you everyone else for sharing your wonderful stories and advice over the years. I hope you all have many wonderful years ahead with your boys and girls. 

I had to make a new username to post, not sure what happened but we were Austin & Missy previously. 

Love to all of you and your furry children

Austin and Melissa

Attached Files

#2 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:36 AM

I'm so sorry for your lose.  BUT thank you for giving our boy a life of love and caring.  I'm so glad he made a dent in your heart.  That means he had a great life and that is all we can ask for them.  Thank you!

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#3 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:39 PM

Very sorry for the loss of your handsome Yoshi.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#4 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:43 PM

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss of Yoshi. He was a gorgeous Dobe. Thank you for giving him such a great home and so much love. I lost my first girl the same way and it was so hard. :Broken Heart:  Run free Yoshi...

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#5 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:27 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of Yoshi.  It sounds like he was quite a character and had a wonderful life with your family for seven years.  Thank you for loving him.  I know he will always live on in your hearts.  Run free at the Bridge, Yoshi.  :Rose:

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#6 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:59 PM

I'm so sorry for the loss of your boy. He looks so sweet & well loved. You're in my thoughts.   :Rose:

#7 ohiodobe

ohiodobe

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 06:16 PM

So sorry for your loss. You made him come back to life in your post and I felt I met him. He will always be a part of your heart. Linda
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principle difference between a dog and a man." ---- Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users