33 replies to this topic

#1 Paul and Carie

Paul and Carie

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:43 PM

Just wanted to give everyone an update on Razor & Rowan. Not only are they totally inseparable, they get to go to daycare once a week to play with the other kids (& I get to watch them on webcam!).
Rowan loves to torment her big bro Razor & often stalks him around the house. I just love to watch them play.

Razor actually loves the snow & found it was great fun to flip little Rowan over into the cold white stuff. Rowan, however, was not amuzed!
She is not so keen on this stuff & would much rather lay in front of the fire completely hidden under her blankie.

Rowan started agility training last week & Razor starts this week. Rowan was a natural! She was so cute peeking at me over the tunnel & then running as fast as should could through it. I told Paul he'll have to come to class with a camera & take picks of our kids. But whew! I don't know how parents do it. I have class 2 nights a week, one for each dog & then at home training. That leaves very little time for me. Good thing the kids also like to hang with mom when I go for hikes.

I'll post pictures when we get them.

#2 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:36 PM

Thanks for the update on Razor & Rowan. Sounds like they are having a great time! I'll bet Rowan is really cute peeking over the agility tunnel, before running through it. :thumbsup: Looking forward to the pictures.
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Darlin' Darcy - CGC
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC
SCD's Liddle Diddles - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
SCD's One Cool Dude (7/05-4/10)
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)
Sheeba (BYB) (11/82-4/93)

#3 dayzimae

dayzimae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:21 AM

What fun! I'd love to see a video of them playing in the snow. I still can't trust Sophia off the leash, but watching her and Lily chasing mice under the snow in the cornfield is hilarious -- leaping in the air, snuffling snow, rolling around, etc. It's a hoot. Except the standing in the wind freezing to death part. :thumbsup:
Rene (short for Marion Irene)

Love me, love my dog(s) (cats and goats)

If possible, live peaceably with all creatures

#4 Paul and Carie

Paul and Carie

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

Wanted to give everyone an update on Razor & Rowan, since it's been over a year.
The kids continue going to agility once a week. The instructor is trying to convince me Razor is ready
to compete...but I suffer from stage fright & just can't do it. Rowan almost has that mean ol' teeter
conquered, but some days are better than others.
The kids have totally changed the minds of everyone in my family. They can't believe dobies can be so
docile & snuggly. My dad once was cornered by 2 aggressive dobies back in the 70's & hated the breed ever since,
that is until he met Razor & Rowan. He thinks we brain washed or drugged them to be lap-dogs!

And now, the ultimate spoil. I found a recipe for doggie birthday cake.
We decided to celebrate Rowan's 3rd birthday in style. I've attached pictures of both kids enjoying an over-sized treat .

Attached File  Cakes2.JPG   106.21KB   2 downloads Attached File  Razor_Eatin_Cake.JPG   88.37KB   2 downloads Attached File  Rowan_Eatin_Cake.JPG   105.41KB   2 downloads

#5 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

I love the birthday cake! It looks really tasty. :hug: Happy Birthday Rowan! :wub:
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)

#6 dobie sunshine

dobie sunshine

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

First off I have to say that kitchen looks just beautiful. Arda and I are drooling over it. I am also drooling over that birthday cake it looks so yummy. Also would like to wish Rowan a happy birthday.

#7 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for the update and photo's, what a yummy birthday cake to celebrate in style. Have fun in agility class.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#8 LuvmydobeApollo

LuvmydobeApollo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

pretty dogs!! glad they are doing well... they look spoiled!!! but thats what they are here for, to be spoiled, especially if they are rescues!
sharen

#9 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:39 PM

Now those are some spoiled dogs. Just the way we like it. :wub: I can't believe how big Rowan has gotten. Can she really already be 3? Happy Birthday to the sweet little girl.

You should do the agility trials with Razor! He won't care if you win or lose, so you don't have to either. Just go out there and have fun and see how it goes. I wish I had the time and money to get back into it with Alley.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#10 Paul and Carie

Paul and Carie

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

Well here we go again spoiling our kids. For Valentines Day & Razor's birthday, Paul agreed to let me splurge & have Razor & Rowan professionally photographed. I know I know...but hey they are our kids. So for anyone interested, the proofs will be posted for 2 weeks (until April 3rd-ish). I put a couple below just to give a taste.

http://hadleymedia.s...22043726_RZQjJQ

Attached File  Family Studio.jpg   147.04KB   3 downloads
Attached File  Rowan Studio.jpg   96.17KB   2 downloads
Attached File  Razor Studio.jpg   82.67KB   1 downloads

#11 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:51 AM

Wow those are some sharp pics though, so we don't mind haha!! Happy b-day Razor!

#12 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

BEAUTIFUL shots of the kids!
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#13 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

Beautiful photos and beautiful dogs! That's something I would love to do someday.

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#14 dobie sunshine

dobie sunshine

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

Great family photos. Thanks for sharing!! I always wanted to do this with me and my dogs too.

#15 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

Beautiful pictures of two beautifully spoiled Dobes. :icon12: :icon12:

After looking through all 33 pictures, I have to say my favorite is #24 with Razor & Rowan looking back at the camera. Picture #27 looks like Razor is praying for the photo shoot to be over with. :Praying: :LOL:

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. :flower:
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)

#16 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

Those are awesome pictures! I would love to do that as well. The kids look absolutely wonderful. A beautiful family. :flower:

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#17 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Great family photo's.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#18 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

Worth every penny! Fabulous shots of the pupsters.
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#19 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

Gorgeous!

I had a family picture done with my daughter and our five Dobes, and then individual shots of them. It was worth the money.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#20 Paul and Carie

Paul and Carie

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

Wow. I can't believe it's been so long since I updated everyone on the pups. Both Razor & Rowan are doing great -they turned 5 this year, it's unbelievable. They still go to agility once a week just to play with their friends & have fun. Rowan ran her first 5k with my coworker (there was no way I was running it-that's just crazy talk!) Rowan's allergies are doing ok, but her incontinence comes & goes. Razor still has his rear-end pain, but in classic Raz-fashion, the neurologist fell in love with his willing-to-do-anything-to-please personality. Razor let him flip his paws upside down, but after the 3rd time he just left them upside down cuz obviously the guy wanted that way for a reason...crazy drs. But the neurologist, the chiropractor, the acupuncturist & the normal vet can't find anything wrong. Both kids did have to have a rotten tooth removed, guess we need to be more diligent with the tooth brushing! Here's a couple pics of the pups - 1 is them snugging, the other is Razor at agility & Rowan after her 5k. Thank you again to Arda for our amazing pups.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users