Anyone still out there?

#2 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 08:15 AM

Hello!!! Sorry to say Arda has no internet or phone until the end of May or early June. I thought this site was closed for awhile so I haven't checked it until today.If you need to get a hold of Arda please send me a message on here or my facebook page. 

Thanks, 

Jill Clark

#3 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 11:12 AM

Hi Jill,  Yes the site was down for a bit.  There is a programming language, PHP, which the software we use to create this site/board relies on, had a new version put out.  The place that hosts our site upgraded to use this newer version of PHP however the actual board software we use isn't made to use this newer version  and so it broke the site.  Once I realized it I notified the website host we use and they notified me of all this and adjusted our site to not use this newer version of PHP so our board software would operate normally.

Basically our board/site software needs to be updated, however last time we talked about this with Arda, she didn't like the sound of it since the upgrade would mean the site would change how it looked and worked.

Now, mainly everyone uses Facebook to contact SCD/Arda so it is not much of an issue.

That is terrible about her Internet, I know she is at the mercy of not many choices of Internet providers out there where she lives.

Anyway, hope you and Arda are doing good.  Let us know if you need anything.

#4 Ken

Ken

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:13 PM

Hi Joaquin and Jill. I'm still out here too!  Hope everything is going well with you both. 

Ken

#5 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted Today, 11:26 AM

Hi Joaquin and Jill. I'm still out here too!  Hope everything is going well with you both. 

Ken

Hi Ken, good to "see" you again.  Yup we are good.  I've always worked from home so I was well prepared for this, Sarah continued at the hospital for a while until she too was laid off but expects to be called back soon.  Family and fur babies are good.  We lost our boy Stone to heart problems.  Miss him dearly  A new girl needed our help out of Detroit Animal Control so we jumped right back in.  We named her Jewel, we'll get some pix up here soon.  Hope all is well with anyone who still uses this board as well or instead of facebook!  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users