7 replies to this topic

#1 Thormannix

Thormannix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:16 PM

Today it has been one year since I lost my best friend. My heart still aches for him and I still wish that he was here. It is funny to me that they say time heals all wounds because even after a year my wounds have not gotten any better.
About a month after Thor died someone told me that I should get over it and that he was just a dog. I still won't talk to that person because Thor was everything but just a dog. He was my best friend, the one I told everything, the one that loved me the most.
I will never totally get over losing my Thor but I know that he is running and playing while he waits for me to join him someday.

Thank you all for listening to me!!
Stephanie

#2 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:11 PM

Trust me Stephanie, we all know just how you feel. I had a female named The Amethyst. I am still hunting for another one just like her. 4,000+ Dobes and there was only ONE Amethyst. I might also add, there was only one GB. And there is only one Toot. And there will never be another Brandy. And there was only one Baerba. And only one Ghost. etc. Only one! Makes you wonder how much room one heart can have. If you didn't feel that way, you didn't deserve him. Therefore we dub thee a Dobe Lover! Only Dobe Lovers can understand. We all hurt the same way.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#3 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:20 PM

Stephanie,
There are no words that can fill the void that you feel in your heart.... and I am a firm believer that it is love, not time that will heal your wounds. The wounds are never gone, just love will come along and help ease the pain. I am terribly sorry for your loss and hope that you know that we are all here for you. We will listen to you, cry with you and laugh with you. We will share your special memories of Thor and his memories and life will always live on through you and the love and friendship that you shared with him.

As for the person that said that to you about him only being a dog.... I am sorry for that comment. Sometimes people don't understand the deep love that we feel for our dogs. Sometimes people can't cope with loss and death so they try to downplay it's impact. Sometimes people are just...people. Our dogs are so much more than dogs because they share our everyday life with us. They are there from the moment we wake up until we go to bed at night. Again, we all understand that bond. It is unfortunate that not everyone has that capability to love so unconditionally and understand it. Really, I feel sorry for them - they are missing out on something great.

Take care of yourself and do some pampering. Remember Thor and yes, I am sure he is running around watching over you and waiting for you to be reunited.
If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." -- Mark Twain

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. -Roger Caras

#4 Thormannix

Thormannix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:23 PM

My husband always says that I have more pictures of Thor in the house than him. Which is true!!
It always helps to know that you guys all know how I feel!!

#5 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:38 AM

Stephanie,

I just read your post & you are in my thoughts. I lost my beloved Sadie 3 years ago this month & I still miss her everyday. In fact, her pic is my wallpaper so I see her everyday when I turn my pc on & off. I think Melissa is right, Love, not time, helps us heal. I've since adopted 2 more hooligans & even though they fill my life with love & laughs they will never replace her. They are all different & we love them, not less, just differently.

#6 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:44 AM

I, too, know how you feel. Just yesterday I told a friend I was missing my Ruby, who passed last September. I have Rabbit & Belle and now my new doberboy, Klaus. They are all special, but they're not Ruby Roo.

#7 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:35 PM

Stephanie,
A friend of ours lost her boy a year ago yesterday as well, gone at 6 1/2
to cardio.. He was like one of her 4 kids, but now a year later she has a new
boy & tho he is different in many ways, she loves him too...
We lost 4 of ours in 4 monthes 3 years ago, 2 were in june, they are all in our
memory & will remain that way...
You will always love Thor, but its ok to go on & love other dogs, it just takes some
time, & everyone is different.. Some people dont realize how much we become
attached to our Furkids, there are pets & there are soul mates even in animals...
Take care
Daisy

#8 Thormannix

Thormannix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:35 PM

I can honestly say that I wouldn't have made it through that time if I didn't have Mannix and Belle. They knew I was hurting and were there for every second.
Mannix did get a special treat on the 4th. Since I was having a hard time he got to cuddle in bed with my husband and I.
Of course we have a queen size bed, my husband is 6 foot 3 and Mannix is 100lbs so we were very cozy!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users