99 replies to this topic

#61 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:38 AM

Do I get to do a tour of the airport again, Joni?!?!?!?!
*LMAO* HAHAHAHA

#62 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:11 AM

that's up to you just be sure to add extra time and forewarn Stef! HA!!! and it is only available under 1 of the 3 options. :D

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#63 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:46 AM

Hey Joni, I printed off a map and directions from Mapquest...IF you hear of any construction, just let me know, ok?
I'm wondering if the directions you gave me last time are better than these ones...I know you sent me the back way, but it was pretty convenient, although DID have construction too, but not like the freeways.

(96 to MI-14 to I-275 to M-153 (ford road) and there we are...sound right?)

#64 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:02 PM

i will not be bringing bronson to the event

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you do not bring Bronson to the event, I will have to hurt you.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#65 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:08 PM

but I don't know if there is still construction on Ford Road, Jane??? is there??? Do we need the "back way" into Canton?

I'll check it out this week and let you know. Last time I was on Ford they were working directly in front of Pet Supplies Plus. They've finished some of the bigger projects. But I will let you know before the end of the week.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#66 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:25 PM

Thank you, Jane!! :D

#67 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:35 PM

Princess & I will be there at about 11:30 to help you set up. She likes to chill out in her van when she gets tired so no problem with other dogs.
Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#68 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:51 PM

(96 to MI-14 to I-275 to M-153 (ford road) and there we are...sound right?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You would miss the airport that way!!! HA!!! That way will work as well but you wouldn't actually get onto MI-14 at all...

Joni
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

#69 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:00 PM

Come on, Joni, I'd be on the 14 for half a second...that has to count for SOMETHING...or, no, I'm sorry, for 0.5 miles... :D

#70 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:02 PM

You would miss the airport that way!!! HA!!! That way will work as well but you wouldn't actually get onto MI-14 at all...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I-96 turns into M-14 at I-275 so just keep to the right and catch I-275 southbound.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#71 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:13 PM

Come on, Joni, I'd be on the 14 for half a second...that has to count for SOMETHING...or, no, I'm sorry, for 0.5 miles... :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it's all off/on ramp so THAT DOESN'T COUNT!!! JMHO. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Joni

#72 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:21 PM

Here is what I have so far.

At noon we will have three dogs for sure. Ella with her Princess, Frank with his Bronson, and Karen with her Chyna girl. I'm not sure if Joni is bringing her doberteen or not.

About halfway through, Jen and Stef should be coming with Kizzy. I'll be expecting to see Michelle pop in with Rusty to say hi and show Ted another breed success story. Any other drop-ins for sure? Stephanie? Are you coming to say hi to all your old coworkers? Does Ted know that you have adopted dobes? :D

Anyone else? If your dog/dogs are well behaved we can rotate and give the others a rest. :D

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#73 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:25 PM

I can bring him and if he "fades" I'll just have to head home... I'll also make sure he's been properly "exercised" that morning. HA!!!

Joni

#74 Thormannix

Thormannix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:36 PM

Jenny,
We will be there around 1:00. We are just shopping and meeting you. So if you are not there when we get there we will do our shopping first and then come out and meet you.
Steph

#75 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:02 PM

Jane I don't think I will be able to make it. I seem to have upset Arda by my suggesting that I was coming. I will just wait for a different event.
Sorry
Michelle

#76 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:32 PM

Jane I don't think I will be able to make it.  I seem to have upset Arda by my suggesting that I was coming.  I will just wait for a different event. 
Sorry
Michelle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Put Rusty on. He'll come even if you don't.

Posted Image

There he is now, pacing in front of the door. He can't wait. I can tell by his expression. :D

Michelle, Arda had some thoughts to share and there is no way that she could have interjected those thoughts into this thread without following a person's post. She knew I wanted Bubbles and Diamond to come out. I was trying to arrange the transportation with Kevin. She has to make a judgement call on where her dogs can go and into what situation. After reading the thread I can see why she would feel there are too many dogs going. It does have the feeling of chaos if you don't know the plan. You posting may have steered her eyes to the thread, but your post was not the reason for her views, IMO. It was the entire thread that compelled her to make her decision.

Now ... she will have to beat me up for assuming, but I've been beat up by scarier people.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#77 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:22 PM

Here's the scoop..

After this M&G there will be a set standard of rules to follow for anymore M&G's.

There is going to be staff & volunteer restructure for the up coming year too.

I know everyone one cares. I know every helps the best they can. But we are changing a few things to make this RESCUE even better than it all ready is. :P

Please, don't burden Arda with a ton of questions. She has enough on her plate already.

When all guide lines and rules are set you will all be notified.

Thanks so much to each and everyone of you :D

You all Help make a Differance! :D

Have fun and be SAFE at the M&G remember, you are representing Second Chance Dobes .. So make Arda proud :D

Cathy
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#78 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:29 PM

I'll check it out this week and let you know.  Last time I was on Ford they were working directly in front of Pet Supplies Plus.  They've finished some of the bigger projects.  But I will let you know before the end of the week.

Jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Larry went down Ford road today and he said there was no construction from I-275 to Pet Supplies Plus. It should be a clear shot for you, Jen! It will be on the left hand side right after the deserted Frank's Nursery and the movie theater.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#79 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:09 AM

Good luck to you all. One of these days something will fall on a weekend I am not working and have no previous plans. Does the Pet Supply Plus store there have aHalloween dressup contest for pets? The one up here by me does and the animals are just hilarious. Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#80 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:25 AM

Here's the scoop..

After this M&G there will be a set standard of rules to follow for anymore M&G's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D This seems like a good plan. From the first page of this thread, I got the impression that we were all invited to attend and help out. Then on page 3 it takes a drastic turn and people are backing out right, left and centre.

I think we all just want to help, and we're all excited about seeing each other, and we're all proud of our dogs. We didn't want to cause any problems. :D

If there was some structure and certain dogs that would best represent SCD were chosen, it might avoid the excitement/disappointment that happened this time.

If I were closer, I would stop by with Tux, pick up some food, say "Hello!" and then head home. I'm not that close, so Tux can stay home. It's not fair for him to wait in the car for me while I'm there. :D

I think we need another play-date.... That way we can ALL go. :P

Edited by Stef, 13 October 2005 - 06:28 AM.

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users