177 replies to this topic

#21 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:09 PM

Gee, I laid around all day Friday eating Bon Bon's.......Did I tell you, I have a tooth ache? Big Tooth Ache! And I didn't get the tractor stuck all day Friday. I threathened it! Now back to the kennel...
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#22 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:17 PM

(BTW, that was one day in the sun...

Stick a fork in her, I think she's done ;)

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#23 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:39 PM

She's gona hurt! And all that driving too! She's gotta hurt!

#24 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:50 PM

The a$$ is definitely flat!!! 13 hours on day 1 and 8 hours on day 2 going down and 15 hours on day 1 and 9 hours on day 2 coming back!!! Dad did all the driving too!! I know why I usually fly!!!

I did peel by the third day and got a few blisters on some of it but that was AFTER I put the aloe lotion on (I'm allergic to aloe but I thought it had been long enough but guess not) so now I am itchie and bumpy... No comments please. HA!!! ;)

but Mr. Munchkin and Calvin traveled well, after while and they enjoyed the trip immensely... Calvin after he got car sick and Mr. M, after about all but 4 hours on the road. ;) I kept a photo "diary" of the trip so if anyone wants to see it I'll send you the link since I won't have the "invite" link until tomorrow... I'll try to add but it is 72 pics so if you have dial up, you may want to skip...

Here is one of their new "friends". HA!!!

Arda, if I don't make it out tomorrow for a foster, yes he'll be male, I'll get there next weekend for sure... Am trying to catch up laundry and kittie messes (from the two I left home) so have a "few" chores to do. HA!!!

Attached Files

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#25 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:30 AM

You know what truly amazes me about Kevin, Kathye, and Arda is that they still have a sense of humor about all of this. I laughed until I had tears in my eyes.

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#26 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:34 AM

You know what truly amazes me about Kevin, Kathye, and Arda is that they still have a sense of humor about all of this.  I laughed until I had tears in my eyes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Their sense of humor is what keeps them going. ;)
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#27 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:12 AM

Yeah, really...
Laugh and humour keep people sane and in check...and the ability to FIND humour in everything!!!
Just awesome!!!
(This weather sucks, so I'm sure the entries are going to get even better and better now... ;) )

#28 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:05 PM

Joni, please be careful. That's what caused me to be a survivor of skin cancer.

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#29 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:19 PM

;) I love the diarys of both Kevin and Arda. ;) Your both like the Energizing Bunny. You just keep going and going and going.

Ella

-Josh Billings

#30 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:16 PM

The one we have to take our hat off to is poor Kathye. She's too darn tired to write. 10 pups, a goat, 5 chicks, 5 dogs, Chris and The bumpkin with the broken toe. The Swamp

#31 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 06:14 PM

Hey Arda did I tell you "I think I broke my toe"

Saturday started like any normal Saturday get up feed goat, chicks, dogs, cats, guniea pig, let everyone out to do there thing. Lock them back up and head to Arda's to do it again. Clean kennels, take pictures, talk to adopters and volunteers. Go home and collapse on the chair.
Cell phone rings, run across room to answer it but kick the heck out of the recliner, answer the phone (not sure if your going to pass out it hurts so bad). Talk to person on phone making sure the plans to pick up ARDA"S KENNEL RUNS IS STILL ON, go to bed. Wake up Sunday morning in Extreme pain, foot is black (ALL BECAUSE ARDA NEEDED HER KENNEL RUNS) Limp getting ready to leave. Load self and son in truck drive to Howell. Over load the truck and trailer with kennel parts. Drive back to SCD. Leave quickly pick up wife take her to SCD, so we can give Arda a small birthday party with cathy, kari, daisy, heather,kathye, chris and myself. Go home read what Arda called me a "BUMPKIN" and wrote this post.

So the story is It Was All Arda's Fault I Broke My Toe!!!!!!

Kevin

#32 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 07:05 PM

Kevin - Were you suppose to mention that it is Arda's b-day??? ;)

Guess we'lll all find out real soon!

P.S. Sorry to hear about your toe - OUCH! ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARDA!!!
:)
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#33 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:53 PM

Heehee!

Man I :) this topic!!

Happy Birthday Arda!!

This little guy will grant one wish! ;) Unfortunately I used it up when I was testing it. ;)

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#34 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:13 PM

Did Arda tell you she HAS A TOOTHACHE??? ;) TOO Many Bon-bons,
got to go to the dentist :)
But we did manage to have a little Birthday Party get together
for Arda anyway... I had some toothache medicine in my
purse, so she was able to eat pasta, cake & ice cream :)
Her Birthday is wed the 6th ;)
No adoptions, but did get alot of stuff done & moved around..
Was a beautiful but windy spring day... Need lots more of them..
Kevin, limping or not was there, moving kennels & stuff w/ the
rest of us... Now remember Titan is already neutered!! When
you take some of the newbies to Dr. Karen monday...
It was a fun day.... ;) ;)

#35 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:52 PM

Now let me tell you....The day started real bad as Kari showed up at 7:30. She was blabbering about turning my clock around (I thought she was going to turn MY Clock Around). It's a sight first thing in the morning. Me in my 2XX tee shirt wearing clogs and more than ten dogs dancing around cuz they are starved to death. Then Cathy shows up and we are off to see the wizard. Oh, I put my best charcoal grey sweats on and tennis today. The kennel was a breeze cuz Kathye cleaned yesterday. Then finally Kevin shows up limping around with a trailer load of kennels. Don and Linda Baker trailing in with a truck of fencing. A real gold mine!! Then here comes Heather and Daisy. And Kevin disappears. Must have been gone for hours. Had to go get Kathye. Now who in the living hxll would have guessed they were putting together a Birthday Party for me. I want you all to know that this is the first time in my life I have ever had a Birthday Party. I'm speachless. It was a total surprise. Thank you every one. Thank you very much. In case you want to ask that question...I'm 29. I was 29 when I bought that '73 Mustang and I still have that Mustang so, I'm 29. Now can someone tell me who parked the CEMENT lawn roller behind the tree next to the last kennel? I know how to stop a toothache. Fall over a cement lawn roller with a dog like Max on the end of a leash. 11:00 and the swamp is quiet. Good Night all.

#36 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:31 PM

Arda
you are too funny. ;)
Have a wonderful birthday, Wed. ;)
And Kevin I hope your toe isn't broken :)

Ella

-Josh Billings

#37 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:47 PM

Daisy,

You carry toothache medicine in your purse? Does it come in a small silver flask?

;)

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#38 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:54 PM

Arda,

I'm so happy that you had such a great day!! You really deserve it! Now get to that dentist or you will be forced to walk the plank!! ;)

Jane :)

;)

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#39 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:18 AM

Daisy,

You carry toothache medicine in your purse?  Does it come in a small silver flask?

;)

Jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;)

-Arda Barber

#40 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:34 AM

Joni,? please be careful.? That's what caused me to be a survivor of skin cancer.

Ella

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FYI everyone...

Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States and one in 5 Americans will develop it in the course of their lifetime.

Sorry - just had to add my 2 cents. It's the Wellness Coordinator coming out of me. ;)

-Arda Barber

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users