177 replies to this topic

#161 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:08 AM

Sounds like they shouldn't have committed themselves to a dog in the first place.
Hey, no offence to ANYONE out there, but I've had SERIOUS personal and financial issues, too, in the past, and the thought NEVER crossed my mind to get rid of Beej (who I had through ALL of those issues, who was my rock and sound of reason to get me THROUGH them) OR my cats.
I'm sorry, this kind of excuse just kinda pisses me off, and I needed to vent that. It's ALL Kevin's fault...he got me a little wired from the post.. :)
HAHA

#162 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:31 AM

Wgile Kevin was out earning a living and Kathye was playing on the internet and tossing dogs in the yard, I was out cleaning the kennel. By the time I got in the house I had to get a male to Dr Karen's to get stones removed from the urietha. I got him loaded in and the phone rings. DOG FOOD> YEAH! So off to the vet's then to pick up a ton of dog food. And home to clean up after the old girls, finish mowing the yard, and start unloading the van. Now thw kennel again and feed the seniors. I dropped into bed at 11:30 with Brandy on top of me so I would not fall out of bed. I hurt in so many places I can't even sleep. And Wednesday morning and it starts all over again. Of course you know that when the kids helped me unload the van yesterday, they had to help themselves to"red dye No. 9". The scurge of Dobermanns. So I cleaned Jeannie, Bubbles, Candy, Lady, and Gypsey's crates. Don't you just love them. Got that group fed and headed to the kennel to do it all again. Good Lord, can't they use a pail. I do. Catch you all latter. The Swamp
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#163 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:12 PM

Of course you know that when the kids helped me unload the van yesterday, they had to help themselves to"red dye No. 9". 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Posted Image
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#164 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:07 PM

Kevin and Arda -

I live in the Oxford/Ortonville area. If you EVER need someone to do a pick-up and drop-off,
PLEASE feel free to contact me. I could have saved you all that time on I-75. That's my route every day - from Metamora to Detroit and back. So, if you have something somewhere in between, I'm your transporter. Wish I had known about this earlier.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#165 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:08 PM

Well, all I can say is, if the chain saw would have started, I would have cut down the dead tree, but it didn't so I had to go see Kathye. Then I had to sneak past the Indian so she wouldn't know what I was up to. I just waved real nice and snuck past her place and home to unload.

#166 Indian Neighbor

Indian Neighbor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:18 PM

Well, all I can say is, if the chain saw would have started, I would have cut down the dead tree, but it didn't so I had to go see Kathye.  Then I had to sneak past the Indian so she wouldn't know what I was up to.  I just waved real nice and snuck past her place and home to unload.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Being that You DIDN"T stop to harrass me or con me into helping an old lady, I KNEW you were up to no good !! And you thought you were getting away with something?? NOT!!!! And thanks to Kevin, I know all about your shananagans....
I'm taking grandma in for radiation at nine and mom in to her dr. at 11 but believe me when I say you'll be hearing from me.....lol :)

#167 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:50 PM

I've had a rough couple of days... Jen be sure to read since I added more details. You got the short version last night. :P

It's been "squirty poop haven" at the Nodwell household!!! Harley's squirty poops started Saturday morning at the dog hike. He was fine the rest of the day but Bella left deposits on the carpet Sunday morning, and Skitter Monday morning and no time to clean it up.

Harley had me up 4 times Sunday night with gas/squirty poop and then the last time we went back to bed at 6 a.m., the cats decided to duke it out on the bed where I was trying really hard to sleep... I wanted to sleep until 7, didn't get up til 7:15 so was late leaving, hit the crappy traffic and every one was slow (so that means it's getting to be that time of the month), was late to work, got an urgent page before I even got there, and had people wanting stuff before I got my bag off my shoulder (and nothing irritates me more-at least let me get my computer booted up)... I made a big effort to turn my mood/attitude around and the rest of the day got better until my boss wanted me to stay about 30 minutes late...

Got home on Monday and Harley messed his crate complete with projectile poop on the walls, Bella trashed her's, and Skitter left me two more carpet deposits... So I decide to clean Harley's crate and the dog room first, so I can bring him back in and put Bella in the other extra wire crate. The I"ll move on to the hallway, then move Bella's crate and clean it, and then vacuum (around the wet spots on the carpet) and then clean it last.

So much for my plan... I got Harley's crate moved and cleaned with very few problems except for the part where the squirty poop actually ate what little paint was left on the walls right off!!! I know I need to paint but REALLY!!! While I'm mopping the floor the mophead decides to fall off the mop handle so I'm now trying to mop using just the sponge part while bent over mopping... Oh, did I mention that I could only find 2 right-handed gloves? So I've one on backwards and it's so tight my hand is getting cold. I swap them around and get the little bigger one on the left hand... Can't seem to really get going good on this project but will keep plugging away!!!

So that "phase" is done and I move onto the hallway. I use my cleaning solution to pre-spot the really nasty spots and then get the upright carpet cleaner out to finish the pre-spotting and start the cleaning. It won't spray soap solution! and although the pump sounds like it is working, it doesn't seem to be sucking anything up... No problem, Plan B. Get out my upholstery-size carpet cleaner, right? It will take longer because the head is only 4" wide instead of about 12" but again, I can deal. Yep, you guessed it, IT IS NOT SPRAYING CLEANING SOLUTION EITHER. I am under a jinxed cloud!!! So again, I'll just use it to suck up what I already have in the carpet right? Well I start that and then it sounds like its bogging down and starting to smell warm and I've only had it on about 2 minutes, if that... So now it about 8:45 and I'm so frustrated I'm just ready to scream. Harley isn't helping because he doesn't want to be in his crate so he is whining, and crying and barking non-stop. Yes, I did sceam at him at one point, sorry to say, because it wasn't his fault. He was in the crate all day and didn't want to be there all evening and he was hungry, but was not the right time to carry on... Ya know? I tried to call my mother to vent and she wasn't home from her meeting yet, my sister had the ringer turned off and didn't answer the phone and a girl friend didn't answer her phone either... NO ONE TO VENT TO!!! except later when I get a PM from Jenny. She got most of this story then. SORRY JEN!!!

So anyway, I called my neighbor and got his shop vac to vacuum the water out of the carpet, I just decided to scrub and vaccuum and so only got the hallway done... So there is still soap on the carpet because there was no good rinse done and the worst part of all this??? One of the projects for Memorial Day weekend is supposed to be to tear this carpet out!!! I want it gone but suspect the tile below has asbestos in it so have to be ready to cover it again (but with tile) this time when I pull it up...

The airlines crate still needs to be cleaned (which won't get done until tonight so my house still reeks) and the living room carpet is also still dirty.

Sorry I just hade to vent!!! Oh, and did I mention that Harley kept jumping up on the house and tore a hole in my window screen??? There was one there arlready but it was little, now it a big, gaping hole... Good thing I don't use that window!!! By 10:00 or so it was off to hot bath and relax so I can get up every little while with Harley...

Actually he only got me up twice at 12:30 and 2:30 and neither time he really had to go was really just protesting the fact that he was still in the crate (you better hope he never injures himself and is on crate-rest for an extended period of time!!!) and was still somewhat hungry. The fast from the morning (8 oz warm water and 1 T of honey) and the same for dinner (double amount) with a small amount of I/D mixed in has started doing it's job because there was no "fresh deposits" when I got up this morning. Pray for the same when I get home tonight!!! Please pray!!! :) If no more squirty poop, then they will get half ration of I/D with oatmeal mixed in and then if still good, then another round of the same before bed... The immodium helped to slow/stop things up but not nearly soon enough!!! and I started them on acidophollus (sp?) again this a.m. and will continue that for a week or so again... Can you tell this is NOT a new thing in my house?

The cats go around the house smelling the carpet with their faces screwed up as if they are saying "PHEW" but we all now that is so they can smell it better. :)

Anyone wanna trade??? :LOL:

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#168 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:39 PM

You did good, Joni. Have you ever had them accidently get into "Ole Roy" dog food? You haven't lived til you have. I use pig sour meds for it. Last time Kevin had to find it. Live is great and when you get up the next day, you get to do it all over again.

#169 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:34 PM

Joni,

I lived this last Monday. :) It was all over the walls, the carpet, both dogs, the crates had to be hosed out and it was just awful. We had cinnamon candles everywhere to try to get the smell out of the house. :P

Cheers!
Stef

Edited by Stef, 24 May 2005 - 03:34 PM.

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#170 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:25 PM

At least we had no repeats this morning and so far tonight they've been fine. I think I found the culprit though... Mom bought me a bag of rawhides from Sam's Club but they were pig skin instead of usual rawhide... They each got one on Saturday night and inhaled them so fast I couldn't ratio them out like I usually do (although this is the first time they've gotten the pig skin). and Bella and Harley each got a pig's ear at the M&G...

I use a tea tree oil candle and have a Mistletoe one from Yankee Candle burning last night and tonight. I finally got Bella's crate cleaned tonight, no better for sitting a night... :) and will get the last of the carpet cleaned tomorrow as I'm just too exhausted tonight and Mom & Dad just dropped off the other carpet cleaner (I'll be so happy when the carpet is gone, gone, gone!!!). And I have to leave super, extra early for work tomorrow so I'm going to bed early tonight... Linda, I'll be in Auburn Hills for the day!!! Close to home for you!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#171 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:31 PM

Holy Toledo. I hate cleaning up those messes. Last time to get the smell out I used skunk neutralizer solution and it worked like a charm. Of course my carpet is thirty years old so I don't care if it changes color.

Oh dear this just brought back a memory of my first dobe Sheba who traveled out to California with us for two weeks. When we were on the way back and were merging on to M-14 and ALMOST HOME, I smelled this awful smell. It was coming from my left side. I touched my hair (I used to have hair down my back) and it was wet! What is THIS?! I looked behind me and Sheba was shooting out crap like a fire hose all over the back seat. She had turned around in the process and it shot all over my hair. There was so much crap in my hair that it got all over the front seat also. Remember velour? Nothing like liquid crap soaked into light gray velour.

Ah, the good old days .... the only time my hair was ever streaked.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#172 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:42 PM

Thanks guys! I now realize I have had a wonderful past couple of days and my house, car, hair are not as bad as I thought they were!! :P

Good luck Joni, I realize that squirty poop can be exhausting. My last experience with it was when the kids were pet sitting the neighbors lab. I ended up just keeping my carpet shampooer at their house until they were due to return> :)

#173 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:03 PM

Oh my, you guys and gals are killing me with these stories and believe me I think anyone of us who has been through similar circumstances definitely feels your pain (I surely have with every story and really don't have enough time to share all of mine as well as the fact that I'm trying to forget about my experiences). To me things like this are just a small labor of love you have to burden which to me isn't too much compared to all the unconditional love your pet can and does provide you with on an everyday basis. I know this may or may not help at this time but it is the only thing I can think of saying besides I'm so sorry you have had to go through this.

Larry

#174 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:53 AM

:P

I am holding you guys responsible for this - the curse of the squirty poop! I woke up this morning to an awful smell, and thought "I don't even want to know..." but down the stairs I went...and at least whoever was responsible managed to contain it to one area rug. :) I don't know who shot liquid poo all over but I do know that only Mr. Beefcake was eating out of the cat box yesterday... :LOL:

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#175 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:10 AM

Oh my Gawd, you guys are too much...
I think every one of my co-workers just looked at me in wonder as I broke out into laughter over these stories...I know, I know, it's NOT funny when you're the one involved, but we've all been there, and know what it's like, and because of THAT reason alone, we can all laugh...
Jane....I'm still laughing about your experience with your hair...Sorry!!!
Joni, I am SO sorry that Monday was so horribly hectic!!! And NO ISSUES with venting to me, doesn't bother me a bit, and I'm glad I could be there for you!
Juliet did the same thing at my house...instead of leaving crumbs to find her way back to the downstairs of the house from upstairs, she left squirts every foot or so from my bedroom door, through the upstairs to the stairs...yeah...been there, done all of it.. :)
Ciao, ladies & gents!
~JennyMay~

#176 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:59 AM

Oh dear... :) ...I can't... :D ...read... :D ...any more of... :D ...this!!!!!! :P :LOL:

Ya'all are too funny...it was hard for me to stomach at this point in time as the mere thought of poo sends me hurling, but these are great, albeit gross, stories!!! :) :o :P
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#177 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:53 AM

No need to wonder how I became an expert using the Bissell Big Green Machine. :)

Posted Image

Edited by CAB, 26 May 2005 - 06:54 AM.

The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#178 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:58 PM

OMG :P Joni, what an awful couple of days! I can't even imagine. Why is it when things go bad, they REALLY GO BAD. Nothing is working and you're exhausted, and patience is as at all time low. I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

Jane, I had to LOL about your streaked hair. That has to be the worst :)

Like Larry said, our pets provide us unconditional love 24/7 every day of the year. This is our cross to bear. Thank goodness it doesn't happy very often.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users