32 replies to this topic

#21 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:49 AM

I really hope you don't keep money in the mattress....that's the first place they look lol!!!!

#22 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 10:43 AM

I am so happy to hear that SCD is alive and well!  I have checked the site off and on, but there was so little activity  -  both on this site, and on the Facebook site -- that I thought Arda was retired.  Seriously.  I cannot tell you how much I have missed all of you and the SCD family.  I feel like I've been living under a rock somewhere.

Arda, you are down there with 20 dogs?  Who knew.  I am sorry to hear about your electric woes.  It sounds like it will be a major ordeal. It seems these days life is full of struggles .  . of all shapes and descriptions.

I hope your Internet stays up and running.  Glad to hear you are safe and healthy.

Best Regards,

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#23 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 09:10 PM

I know the world is just trying to see where my string will break.  It should have broke years ago but there's so many cobwebs down here that it just sticks together.  We did get a new water softener through all of this thanks to a stimulus deal.  My well water is a real trip.  It eats the faucets and sinks up.  We were down to a dribble in the washer.  It's getting better.  So that was a plus.  The internet service that I had was a real laugh.  Then all of a sudden it was gone.  The phone and the internet.  So Jill had to report it and do all the butt kissing cause I didn't have a phone.  When it all comes down to the bottom, they wanted me to pay $125 to come and check it AFTER I sign up for a new contract. Felt like black mail to me so I waited for this new company to come in.  The virus didn't help the optic lines coming in either.  Every-time they set a date............PHOOF......something else went wrong.  Now I can't reset my pass word to get back on Facebook.  I think back and I love the good old days when you reached for that phone and dialed the number and got a real person on the phone.  The old days weren't so bad.  But starting the old Model T was a biotch.  I'm here for a few more years.  At least I plan to outlive this Corvid virus.  Hope all is good in your world.  Please stay safe.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#24 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 07:45 AM

It really surprises me with all the issues Arda has with Internet service.  I mean she is not so far off the beaten path as Sarah's parents up north in Hale, MI (dirt roads) and they have Internet all day!  I guess the Internet companies and the power company are after all that free money rescues get from the government lol!!!!  

And to be clear Arda's facebook issues began with her email.  None of her known passwords worked for her email.  So we attempted to reset her password and this is done by having a link sent to the alternate email on file.  This email isn't completely shown to us but only a few characters and by this it looked like the link was going to Sarah's yahoo account.  She never gets the reset password emails we request.  So then we have to try to recover her account by using security questions to which they didn't recognize our answers.  Then they wanted the email address's and subjects of recent emails she sent.  Problem with that was Arda hadn't sent any emails in such a long time it didn't recognize any of those either.  So basically that is the dead end we reached with her email.  No human to talk to on this only the automated recovery methods which don't work for us. 

Then on to facebook, same thing, her usual passwords would not work so we tried to reset that too.  Of course wouldn't you know it, they wanted to send a reset link to Arda's email, which of course we don't have access to.  Just like a dog chasing it's tail.

We created a new email address for Arda but that doesn't resolve her losing all her old emails/contacts.

We attempted to create a new facebook for Arda but it keeps getting tangled up with her old facebook account which we don't have access to.  

I'm sure this all an attempt to prevent creating fake accounts, but it is also preventing people who have lost Internet for a long time and have forgotten their passwords, nice huh?

#25 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 08:13 PM

And so.........I'm dead to the cyber world.  And so it goes.     And then there is the issues with my electric company.  I planted all these big ole trees when there was no building out in the north 40s.  So now I have all these big beautiful trees which "they say" has to go.  Other option is underground wires.  I'm OK with that and then I have to pick up the cost because God forbid it costs the big boys for the underground wire BUT they can at their expense go to my north neighbor and mark a string of his trees to be cut in case I don't go with  the underground wires.  Really seems like there is a lack of communications between everyone working on this.  Just like Jill telling them to call her to let them know when they are coming out here as I had no phone and there would be the better part of 20 Dobermanns in the yard.  That went in one ear and out the other.  They still kept coming out here and could not get in.  DAH!   Communication...........that's what is lacking in this world.  Can't talk to Facebook.  Can't talk to Microsoft.  Can't talk to the electric company.  So here I am, alone and not sick.No wonder God is so upset with this world.

#26 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 12:20 PM

Ok here we go again! Arda has no internet it says Not connected we don't know why.

Just letting you know until she is on again it's been off for 3 days now.

#27 Dobes & Feathers

Dobes & Feathers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 10:33 AM

Hello Arda,

We miss you & love you.

Rhue is doing great for her age 12 or 13 now.

She does have a tumor on her bum , but it does'nt bother her.

Vet has checked it just keep on eye on it.

She is loved everywhere we take her,

Dreams become reality one choice at a time.

S.C.D.'s Rhue ( Little Red Rhuebarb) 2008 or 2009 to March 2021
Forever your paw print in our heart's
S.C.D.'s Darling Darla Blue(LaLa for short)
Our Velcro Love Bug ( approx D.O.B Jan,2004 to June,2011)
& one of the many Queens prior
Autumn ( Black Lab)
Sept 1996 to Feb 2010

#28 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 01:28 PM

Wow can't believe she is that old already. Happy to hear she's doing well.

We miss you also. One day Arda will be back on the site, soon we hope.

Take care!

Jill

#29 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 04:54 PM

Hello, everyone!  I hope some of you are still checking in with the board occasionally.  I will start doing so again after giving up for a very long time because it seemed nobody was around anymore.  I guess Arda is back to not being able to get on the internet so maybe she won't be able to check in here for a while.  I can relate to internet troubles.  I was having trouble with mine for around a month, but that's nothing compared to Arda's troubles.  Hoping she gets things resolved soon.

I still have Natasha, who is 13 1/2 years old and has been living with DCM for over seven years now.  Her cardiologist and general vet both say she's one for the record books.  Sadly, I lost Logan very recently to bone cancer, but he made it to 12 1/2, which we all know is a good long life for a male Doberman.

My husband and I are both doing okay.  We're taking every precaution to stay healthy, but 2020 has been so mentally exhausting.  I'm just so happy to hear from everyone who has posted here recently.  May you all stay safe!

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#30 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:47 AM

Hey everyone............I'm back.  You will not believe what I've been through.  I can't believe it myself.  From phones being shut off because I never got a bill to computers not able to print.  Well the phone and internet company will NOT send you a bill.  It comes over the internet.  So they shut it off when I had it for less than a month.  Took good ole Celeste and Jill hours to get it back on.  Jill actually paid it ahead on her credit card to get it straightened out.  No paper bill.  What has happened to my old world.  Next, we could not type on the internet.  We have spent hours and hours trying to fix it and answer all the stupid questions.  As I sat here this morning, I started checking wires.  WaLa..........the key board was NOT plugged into the computer.   could work jigsaw puzzles but not anything else.    Phoof!  There you all were.  Now you really know that I've gone to the dogs.  Stay safe.

#31 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:31 PM

Things are starting to look up again.  Phone rings and someone is there.  Internet is up.  Key board is plugged in.  Margarete (the John Deere) is home and running.  What more could an old woman want.  I really want all of you to be safe from this virus.

#32 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 01:50 PM

About time that I see that Don is still alive and kicking. 

#33 Lori

Lori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 04:45 PM

Wow! I wondered what was going on. I'm glad to hear your back up on the phone and net. I wander through here now and then and didn't see anyone. it was weird. Keiko {Patti} is doing well. she's getting older and is REALLY spoiled. I just wanted to say Hello to you and send big hugs. Stay safe from the virus!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users