9 replies to this topic

#1 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:00 AM

Shaylee was a great lilttle girl on our ride. She stays on her side of the car and watches the traffic. When I took her out at a carpool to wait for my brother, she played happily with his lab, seemed to know "wait" (in the car to come out), "sit" and "heel." She was really nice. Then she was walking in the snow and I said "you should really go potty." and she squatted right down and went. So either it was a great coincidence or she might know "go potty." I was more amazed that she was in belly deep snow going potty, since mine all seem to think that Dobes melt in the snow!

So there is m 2 cents worth. :)

Edited by brownsmom, 11 December 2005 - 07:07 PM.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#2 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:40 AM

And what was the reason you were bringing her to Arda's? I think Shaylee missed her exit back at West Branch.
Karen
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#3 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:10 AM

And what was the reason you were bringing her to Arda's?  I think Shaylee missed her exit back at West Branch.
                                                                                  Karen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't do transports. I wanted to keep her. I have two of my transports already... :)

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#4 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 03:57 PM

Fill out an app.
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#5 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 04:38 PM

Heather
It's hard transporting these guys and girls isn't it? Most all the ones I've hauled in, I have adored. There were a couple that I was sooooo glad to get them to Arda's but most I would have taken in a heartbeat.
Kevin

#6 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:19 PM

I can't do transports. I wanted to keep her. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She seemed depressed today. Honestly. I walked up to her and she didn't even get excited. She just looked at me with sad eyes. I think you should go for it. :)
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#7 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:00 PM

The only ones I was ever glad to be rid of were Sam and Sara. I think one of them broke my finger...and what a long ride that was from Cheboygan...

#8 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:39 PM

Heather those two (Sam and Sara) were great. Didn't one of them try to catch your wiper blades through the windshield? Most of the ones I've transported were good, but I have placed them in the wrong places in the truck, or not been prepared enough for them. Then there were other times I'd go to pick-up, two and when the other transporter got there they would have three or four.
Bronson scared the heck out of me. I latched him into the backseqat behind me, and he didn't like the fact I was passing Big trucks and was very vocal towards them. The first time he barked/growled/yelled, I thought I was going to have a heart attack.
Then as you said, Sam and Sara, what a pair. We initially put Sam in the crate in the pickup bed and Sara in the backseat. They freaked out within a few feet of our meeting spot, so Kath and I had to take the next exit. At that exit we took them both out of the truck, tore the crate down and put them both into the bed, then listened to them bark the rest of the way to Arda's. The radio didn't go up loud enough.

#9 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 10:04 PM

Bronson scared the heck out of me. I latched him into the backseqat behind me, and he didn't like the fact I was passing Big trucks and was very vocal towards them. The first time he barked/growled/yelled, I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) I'm pretty sure he still does this. Almost gave Frank a heart attack the first time too.

Edited by CAB, 11 December 2005 - 10:04 PM.

The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#10 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:09 AM

Heather those two (Sam and Sara) were great. Didn't one of them try to catch your wiper blades through the windshield?

Then as you said, Sam and Sara, what a pair. We initially put Sam in the crate in the pickup bed and Sara in the backseat. They freaked out within a few feet of our meeting spot, so Kath and I had to take the next exit. At that exit we took them both out of the truck, tore the crate down and put them both into the bed, then listened to them bark the rest of the way to Arda's. The radio didn't go up loud enough.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The wipers, the passing cars, the rain drops, the trees - and they were with me in my car! Sam jumped out the window at one point...I have never loved my step-dad more than when he said I could use his truck to meet you in Flint. Oh, yeah, I had the radio up loud!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users