7 replies to this topic

#1 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:41 PM

Has anyone done the gold bead implants from Dr Terry Durkes?
Durkes Veterinary Clinic
1021 East Start Rd. 18
Marion, In. 46952
Phone: (765) 664-0734
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#2 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:31 PM

Not I said the Little Red Hen.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#3 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:01 PM

There is a link on here under Gold Bead Implants from the dpca in 2006 that someone shared but there was no replies about it.
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#4 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:22 PM

I've found 2 ppl so far and I posted on the DPCC page... It won't fix just delay.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

#5 1DOBAHOLIC

1DOBAHOLIC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:53 PM

Yes..... Marilyn Mannino had gold bead implants done on her boy, she had it done in Indiana, years ago.  Gosh can't think of the dogs name, he was bred by Lynn Coleman.

The dog lived several years (wanna say 3 to 5) after the surgery..... but then the problem reappeared in all 4 limbs.  Marilyn had did obedience and agility with him prior to it initially appearing.

Might be able to find her if you have questions via internet, she lives in Michigan, after her boy she got more into conformation showing, purchased show female dog from Lori Gorr.....

#6 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:31 PM

We are scheduled for the procedure on Monday in Blissfield Michigan. He is going in tomorrow for fresh x-rays and to biopsy a new lump that has come up (gold beads are not appropriate if there is cancer in the body).

We will gamble - he is happy and aware and still very much wants to live so we will try it and hope. I will keep everyone posted.

#7 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:55 PM

Who is the vet in Blissfield?  That's just around the corner from me.  Well 25 miles.  We want to be kept informed.  ur prayers are with him and you.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#8 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:47 AM

Dr James Leonard - he does acupuncture and gold beads. He has trained with Dr. Dukes and he is much closer for me - 2.5 hours instead of 7 hours. He's been there since 76 and they do equine as well as small animal.

I looked it up but I think stopping in for a visit would be too much for him after surgery. Our appt is at 1030 if you want to come see...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users