31 replies to this topic

#1 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:27 PM

Vick has been reinstated. That means he is eligible to play again, but he will have a real hard time selling himself to any team. Hiring him is like hiring Peta to picket at all your games. If the Lions agreed to even invite him to camp, I would become a Bears fan real fast. I have put up with a lifetime of losing, but I would never put up with that.
http://www.foxnews.c...,534970,00.html

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#2 Annie Moon

Annie Moon

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:51 PM

Vick has been reinstated. That means he is eligible to play again, but he will have a real hard time selling himself to any team. Hiring him is like hiring Peta to picket at all your games. If the Lions agreed to even invite him to camp, I would become a Bears fan real fast. I have put up with a lifetime of losing, but I would never put up with that.

I agree 100%
He visiously killed dogs. Who would want a piece of crap like that playing on their team...?!
In Memory of Mariah He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.  ~Unknown~

#3 LuvmydobeApollo

LuvmydobeApollo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:43 PM

Lets hope no one wants him... let him lose what he has... he didnt care about what those poor dogs lost...... what a very sick person he is

#4 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:20 AM

Hey now - we are all Bears fans here! Thats because they donate to the JDRF every year and you know they are a better team than the Lions!
"Qui me amat, amat et canem meum" (Love me, love my dog)
The more people I meet the more I like my dog
"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience"
-Woodrow Wilson
"Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate in their object-relations."
-Sigmund Freud

#5 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

The Philadelphia Eagles have signed Michael Vick. You just know people are going to protest. I saw one fan on the Eagles site who said, "Congrats, guys. With one jot of a pen in one minute you did what 40 years without a championship couldn't- MADE ME A STEELERS FAN." It's so terrible, I LOVE football. It's disgraceful for the NFL to accept him. It makes me ashamed to even be a football fan.

SCD's Stone Soup

#6 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:57 AM

CNN just showed a clip of a news conference where Vick was speaking. No apology, no remorse, though he did say something like he didn't understand before that people cared about dogs, but now he does. That's not an exact quote, but it's the gist of what I heard. I am disgusted beyond words by this man, and I hope the Philadelphia Eagles are in for a public relations nightmare.

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#7 dobbiehearted

dobbiehearted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:07 PM

I hate this man.. I really do

He is only sorry for getting caught and not being on the same easy life he was on before... with flowing buckets of money--

to be able to do this ever..( the dog fighting) just once.. ever without feeling sick knowing these living creatures were being used this way...

to ever be able to do this once-- that is all it takes for me !!!

like molesting a child-- who can do this.... there is no sensitivity trainning or.. reading or being with those who oppose this.. there is nothing one can ever do to change the core piece of human evil with in ones self that allows you to do this.. it is still there...

I hate this man and all like him.
My Beloved Lexa (April 1998 --Jan 2008)
My Cherished Loki -SCD ( May 2008- August 2012) *
http://www.secondcha...ic=6378&hl=loki
Baby Koda

#8 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

Is this too inappropriate? No. Paybacks are a b*tch.

Attached File  imagejpeg_2.jpg   11.68KB   0 downloads
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#9 jduerr

jduerr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:44 PM

with this post i may ruin a chance of adopting a dobe from this great place. was what he funded/participated in wrong? yes. participating in animal cruelty/abuse/ ect is wrong and angers me no matter if it the average joe or the billionaire down the block. he faced a trial of his peers just like every one else and was sentenced to what the judge seemed fit. he served his time and for you all to still persucate him shame on you. the HAS appologised and IS doing thing proactivly to try to right his wrong. he done his time for his crime you all may hate him still but i feel he has paid his debt to society.dont ALL humans and animals deserve a second chance to enter our hearts or our tv's? Yes they do. i could go on forever on this subject but i wont. you wont give a human a second chance so why should i give one of your animals a second chance. delete/remove my account, flame or persacute me whats evs. ill look else where for for a dobe then some where where they actually give second chances

#10 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:05 PM

As an American, I don't have to agree with what you think. However, I will defend to the death your right to say it. Just don't expect a group of people who see first hand the sick disgusting things that these dogs have done to them-those who clean up the aftermath- to be so forgiving so fast. Jesus would forgive. Luckily, I'm not expected to live up to Jesus. :P All animals deserve a second chance. They don't know right from wrong, they are animals, they are innocent. That is the difference, IMHO.

SCD's Stone Soup

#11 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:14 PM

WARNING!! GRAPHIC PHOTO!!

Look this dog in the face and tell me that Vick paid his debt. Keep in mind this photo is after the dog received medical care. It's not a Vick dog, but it is damage done in dog fighting.

Click here to see dog after a fight -GRAPHIC

SCD's Stone Soup

#12 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:35 AM

WARNING!! GRAPHIC PHOTO!!

Look this dog in the face and tell me that Vick paid his debt. Keep in mind this photo is after the dog received medical care. It's not a Vick dog, but it is damage done in a dog fighting.

Click here to see dog after a fight -GRAPHIC

And then imagine it at the cruel hands of Michael Vick being strung up by a rope and having a live electrical cord shoved into it's rectum to finish it off. Do I think I need to forgive Michael Vick? I don't/won't forgive. This sicko repeatedly tortured dogs at his mercy for years and dreamed up different ways to torture them when they lost. I believe he'd still be at it today if he didn't get caught. And his apology, anyone could say they were sorry if millions were at stake....he deserved an academy award for that. It is said that the devil walks amongst us and I believe it.
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#13 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:16 AM

Nike picked up his contract again. Figured you guys might like a target for your rage.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#14 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:44 AM

the HAS appologised and IS doing thing proactivly to try to right his wrong.

The only thing he is sorry for, is that he got caught. It takes an evil person to torture and kill the dogs in his care. Dogs are innocent beings, they have no choice about how they live, they have to depend on us humans to take care of them. Vick's dogs had no choice in the matter, they couldn't just leave if they didn't like the lifestyle he chose for them. Vick is an evil person, a fine and a little jail time doesn't fix evil. IMO.
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Darlin' Darcy - CGC
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC
SCD's Liddle Diddles - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
SCD's One Cool Dude (7/05-4/10)
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)
Sheeba (BYB) (11/82-4/93)

#15 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:26 PM

Feel free to contact Nike, and tell them you will now buy Reebok's. I did. http://store.nike.co...us/#/contact-us

SCD's Stone Soup

#16 dobermidwife

dobermidwife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:25 PM

Feel free to contact Nike, and tell them you will now buy Reebok's. I did. http://store.nike.co...us/#/contact-us

Did you really mean you WILL buy Rebook's? or was that supposed to be NOT?

Lee Ann

HQ Back in Time of Phesika   "Griffin"

HQ Prevailing Grace   "Gracie"

Waiting at the Bridge:

Stadtwald's Boston Red Coat  "Cody" 

Aradeena Ruark's Lacey  "Lacey"

Logan & Lexi    littersmates

SCD Up-C-Dazy  "Dazy"

HMDD Brody 

SCD Bella

We can judge a heart of man according to his love for animals.~~Immanuel Kant

#17 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:34 PM

Did you really mean you WILL buy Rebook's? or was that supposed to be NOT?

Buy Reebok's instead of Nike, if you are not a Vick fan. I believe New Balance shoes are made in the USA, though, so if you are anti-Vick and pro 'American made', they are a good option. :P

http://www.myfoxphil...ick_To_New_Deal

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#18 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:50 PM

I will buy Reeboks instead of Nike's. I've had at least one pair of Nike's since like 5th grade. I don't care about brand names though, so it's no problem for me to start buying Reeboks. I double checked that Reebok didn't have any Vick merchandise as well. This really angers me. As a NFL fan, I'm embarrassed to support an organization that supports him. We should give up football altogether, but that's like asking J to cut off his arm. He played HS and college, he loves the game.

SCD's Stone Soup

#19 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:03 PM

Yeah I can see Joaquin playing football. I certainly wouldn't want to be on the opposing team!! :P :glare:
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Darlin' Darcy - CGC
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC
SCD's Liddle Diddles - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
SCD's One Cool Dude (7/05-4/10)
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)
Sheeba (BYB) (11/82-4/93)

#20 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

he faced a trial of his peers just like every one else

If you are referring to our incredibly flawed judicial system where celebrities get slaps on the wrist and sometimes get away with murder then yes, he paid his lawyer more than you and I will ever see in order to get off easy.

and was sentenced to what the judge seemed fit.

Are you kidding me? Have you seen some of the punishments for athletes? They can carry guns, be involved with shootings and beat downs, coerce and or beat women, and they get community service and continue on making millions and are put on posters for children to idolize. Do you really think that judge did the same to Vick that would happen to you or me?

he served his time and for you all to still persucate him shame on you. the HAS appologised and IS doing thing proactivly to try to right his wrong. he done his time for his crime you all may hate him still but i feel he has paid his debt to society.

I know you just didn't shame us, a rescue group, instead of someone like Vick. You can't be thinking clearly.

dont ALL humans and animals deserve a second chance to enter our hearts or our tv's? Yes they do.

In what backwards world would someone other than a celebrity get caught doing such a heinous act, get convicted, spend over a year in jail and come out and get their job back making millions? I guess background checks only prevent us low level people from getting jobs. (dog killers welcome though)

you wont give a human a second chance so why should i give one of your animals a second chance.

Are you seriously comparing the dogs here that get abused, neglected, dropped off, and rescued from gassing shelters who need a second chance at a good home to giving this dog mutilator a second chance? There is no way someone who derives pleasure from doing what you saw in the picture above needs to be walking around free with the rest of us humans. Period.

delete/remove my account, flame or persacute me whats evs. ill look else where for for a dobe then some where where they actually give second chances

:glare: :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users