149 replies to this topic

#101 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:30 PM

Been there and done that.  Ya pray to God and promise more than you will ever be able to fore fill.  Ya scream and cry.  Ya loose ten years of your life.  All systems are on overload.  Ya want to kill and can't even raise your voice or you will scar her for life.  The Dobermann is NOT for the weak of heart.  They sure know how to keep the owner on their toes.

Glad she is safe and back in your "Lovin arms".

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#102 1DOBAHOLIC

1DOBAHOLIC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:15 PM

Boy seeing the pics of Stella I see similarities between her and Katie and Katie is an everyready rabbit outside, she keeps going and going.

But she too get skittish/shy at times, I find if I get on my knees she comes to me.

She's getting the hang of heeling, sit, down, stand, as well as staying, but at dog class.... well her attention span gets overwhelmed and she acts like she has to prove she is alpha to all other dogs, by the end of the class she is focusing on me.... a learning curve there.

Like Stella, Katie loves toys.

#103 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:52 AM

Stella is really skittish. She still is very nervous around Dan and is scared by any loud noises (pots and pans in the kitchen, etc.) She won't go out in the dark so I have to take her out for her last pee on leash. Thunderstorms and fireworks terrify her. :(

She isn't skittish with me most of the time unless she's on the lamb... ;)

She is quite nervous around bigger dogs - we had a friend bring her dobe boy over and she hid behind chairs and cried if he came near her. :( Smaller dogs she barks and runs and plays.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#104 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:15 AM

.Doesn't it just break your heart at what can and does happen to these kids when they are in the wrong hands.  And if they go to untrained owners it only gets worse.  Stella and Katie and Snow Ball were candidates for the junk pile.  It just kills me to think of all of them that are dead because it escalates instead of being turned around.  Another pair is Stone and Bailey.  And Jamie.  The fawn the Bumps have.  and the list goes on.

#105 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:40 AM

Oh my gosh how scary! So happy you caught her. I know how your heart just starts pounding

and racing over what these dogs do to us. You made me laugh when you said we didn't talk for hours.

They sure do keep us up on our paws all the time. :He He: Glad Stella is home safe! 

#106 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:55 PM

and Skitter and Bella with her jumping and barking and even Beau with his separation anxiety in the end...  They are all flawed just like us!!! Probably why we love them so much!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#107 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:44 AM

That is the scariest thing to have your dog get loose outside the yard, especially when it's one of the skittish ones.  Natasha took a long time to get over her skittishness and fearfulness.  It was a long, slow process, and it still rears its head occasionally.  A couple of times when I have had to catch a loose dog, I have resorted to the "Let's Eat!!" command (or other well-known food words) rather than the ones they are supposed to be trained to respond to.  :D Sometimes when they're in a highly distracted state, the idea of food is the only thing that may get their attention.  It sounds like that's what ended up working with Stella.  I'm glad everything turned out well.  Just think of all the aerobic exercise you got, with the elevated heart rate and all!

Edited by Cheri, 14 October 2015 - 07:45 AM.

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#108 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:40 PM

Because instead of turning the heat on you should instead make a sweater for your Doberbaby.

Attached Files

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

#109 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 03:44 PM

Awww all nice and cozy! Very nice

#110 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:43 PM

Love it, gotta stay warm !!
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#111 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 06:50 PM

And it's certainly getting cold out there.  I want to know where my Spring and Summer went.  I just wasn't ready for this.

#112 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:47 PM

Wow, you made that, Stef?  That's really nice.  Did you have a pattern you used?  What is the material?

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#113 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:17 PM

I did. It was super easy - I used this pattern: http://www.sew-it-lo...er-pattern.html Somehow I cut it too short at the end (I think I measured from the withers instead of from the 'neck' so I added the blue piece at the end and trimmed it in bias tape. I used super soft stretchy polar fleece and I extended the neck part so it would come up higher on he neck. She was really good about me trying it on as we went and really likes it. You put it on over the head and pull the legs through so you need fabric with some give.

#114 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:12 PM

I can't believe that the little wild child would let you do all that.  Boy has she come a long way.  You gave this little kid a real life.  Awe the power of love.

#115 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:26 PM

Arda - no word of a lie I was actually pinning it while it was on her. I would put pieces together, try it, pin it and then sew some more.... crazy. Reminded me of the first coat I made for Tux. He was very patient too.

#116 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:40 PM

It's hard to believe.  Trish has her sister right now.  She's getting a lot of one on one and that is what they needed.  Not an over worked olde woman who can't run after them.  I wish I was 30 years younger but let's all face it, I'm not.

#117 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:34 AM

Now, see, if you hadn't told me, I would have thought the light blue piece on the back was completely intentional and was supposed to kind of visually balance out the light blue neck piece.  :thumbsup:  I looked at the link you shared, and I have to say I am in awe of your skills!  It looks pretty complicated to a non-sewer like me (well, I can do minor repairs and other very simple projects).  Again, very nice job, and I'm sure Stella is going to really appreciate it this winter!

#118 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:02 PM

Yup coat looks great, good job.

#119 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:16 PM

OMG Stella is pooping on walks AND she let me cut her toenails standing up!!! #winning

#120 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:06 PM

Thumbs up!  You are making a dog out of her.  I have never been so happy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users