99 replies to this topic

#21 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:51 PM

How long do these usually last?  I actually work about 2 miles away from the Pet Supplies Plus in Canton - I go in there sometimes during lunch to pick up goodies for the girls!  Sounds like fun.  Maybe I will stop out and meet some of you guys!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YES! Please come out and meet us, Emily! :D

I'll be posting the times as the day approaches. I haven't heard back from Ted yet but normally he will tell me what the peak hours are. I'll probably go back to the posts about the last one and see what hours we did it. I'm sure it will be the same this time.

Anyone who would like to update their phone numbers with me please just e-mail through the forum. If you want my cell phone number I will reply to that e-mail. I never have my cell phone on unless I have specifically arranged to do that and I never get my voice mail. I only use it for emergencies or for events like these meet and greets. So if you are afraid you will get lost or need directions or further help, feel free to contact me.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#22 docsavalle

docsavalle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:20 AM

hi, i would love to come out for the meet and greet, will u let me know more info and times, this is frank savallei adopted bronson from scd thanks, here is my email docsavalle@yahoo.com 586-203-7177 thanks

#23 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 12:08 PM

Hey Frank!!! It was great to get to meet you and see Bronson again!!! If you do make it, don't forget a chair!!! and mat for Bronson to lay on...

Check up in this thread... #6 and #8 give pretty much what we do and where we will be...

Jane, 10a - 4p???

Everyone that I've showed the "test" notecards to have liked them alot... so will try have several sets printed up for the day!!! I'll have a sign made up to showcase them too... and I'll make sure I have change...

I got the "plastic cardboard" to Ella for her to use for our picture boards... Now everything will be nice and "waterproof"!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#24 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 01:24 PM

I am working on the 15th so Cocoa and I won't be able to come. When I originally signed up to work, I didn't get put on the schedule. :D This afternoon, I received an e-mail titled "More Help Needed." :D I'm sure you'll all survive without us! :D
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#25 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 01:28 PM

I'm sure you'll all survive without us!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but we will miss you all the same!!!

Joni
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

#26 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 09:57 PM

but we will miss you all the same!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I work until 3:15 and depending on what time the meet and greet ends, may possibly be able to fly up, I mean drive up, for a quick visit.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#27 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:14 AM

Sounds like the Crazy Canuck and I will be in attendance. I'm going to bring Tux, he's great with other dogs, but he's a little shy with people. My trainer wants me to work on the "Stand for Inspection" and told me to have more people hands on with him. I told him people don't look at Tux the same way as they look at his Golden Retrievers. :D Most people cross the street - let alone pet him!! :D

I'm looking forward to this!! Whooooohooooo!! It's always fun crossing the border with Jenny! :D
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#28 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:54 AM

Yes, yes yes....always time for an adventure!!! :D

I'm debating on bringing both the kids, though. NOT talking about Tux, talking about Brody AND Kizzy. I'm definitely bringing Kizzy with me, she is in DESPERATE need of exposure to people, she acts VERY shell-shocked around new people, so it'll be good for her to be around alot of people in a positive light, with positive encouragement.
The only thing IS....Monsieur Brody will be missing out on a playdate with Miss Cocoa later on!!! :D

We'll have to figure something out....I'm sure I could rig the van SOMEHOW to get all 3 over, if I really worked my arse off on it.. :D
CIAO folks!!! Looking forward to seeing you on the 15!

P.S., Joni, I'm going to need your help again for the directions, like you gave them to me last time. And I PROMISE not to go through the airport again!!! HAHAHAHA

#29 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:32 PM

I will hopefully get with Ted this week and cement in the times, Joni!

It's exciting to see how many people will be going!! Frank, I can't wait to see Bronson again. What a major happy ending that is! :D

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#30 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:16 AM

Jane, due to crossing the border, and issues that I just can't get over, you know, like my obsession of touring Detroit airport, : :D Stef and I will be there in the afternoon, not the morning...PLUS, travelling with three big babies, I'm sure we'll have just as many adventures IN the car, as out of it, so don't count on the morning for us, k?
Looking forward to seeing everyone! :D
And you get to meet Ms Kizzy!

Edited by Jennymay, 05 October 2005 - 10:16 AM.

#31 docsavalle

docsavalle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:22 PM

bronson and myself will be at the meet and greet, we look forward to seeing you all there........frank

#32 Thormannix

Thormannix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:51 PM

Jenny,
Do you know about what time you will be there? I would like to bring Belle(Juliet) and Mannix by and thought it would be nice if you could see her. If you know what time you will be there I will try to work it around that. I won't be able to be there for the whole thing because of work but I want to come by for a bit.
I actually worked at this Pet Suppiles Plus for two years. Great poeple work there and I am excited that you guys are doing something there.
If we come when you are there I'll bring the costumes!!!
Stephanie

#33 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:58 PM

It will be afternoon for Jenny and I. I've found someone to teach tracking and Tux and I have our first class on the 15th at 7am! :D I'll have to nap in the car while Jenny crosses the border with our herd! :D
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#34 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:14 AM

I just got off the phone with Ted and he said he has us scheduled from 12:00-4:00pm on the 15th and that he has already advertised it! :D

Joni, I asked Ted about using the logo on the homepage in a thank you and he said we could use it ONLY if we put Store #15 along with it. We can't use the one that says Pet Supplies USA. Just the logo with his store number so that it is very clear that we are supported by his store alone and not the entire company.

#2 for Joni. :D Do you have the display board or did I forget that out at Arda's? eeps! I've got the rest of the stuff.

Stephanie, it's SO coincidental that you used to work there! How great is that?!

Jen and Stef, there's a good chance I won't be bringing the poopies if we have so many coming. That will allow Larry and I to be dogless to help give some relief to those who have their dogs. We may just bring them to meet everyone and then Larry can take them home and come back if need be.

Kevin, are you and Kathye coming and bringing The Bubbles and The Diamond?

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#35 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:57 AM

Steph,
Stef and I will probably get there around 1:30 - 2:00. I know, only a couple hours, but the last two. The later you get there in the afternoon, the better chance I'll have at seeing Belle!!! (You do know i love her to pieces, right?? :D )

Jane, that would be AWESOME!!! I'll have both my brat-rats with me, so that would be fantastic if you or Larry could take one, probably Kizzy for a bit, so she can get used to being with others. She really is a sweetheart, just needs to be socialized and around others for her personality to shine even more!!

OH!! I meant to ask, is there any construction obstructions for me to watch out for on the way out, like there was last time? IF so, I'll need the expertise of Ms. Joni to help me out again.

Ok, I am getting excited to see everyone again!!!!!!!! It's been SOOOOOOOOOOO long...TOOOOOOOOOOO long, honestly... :D

Z'alright, folks, I have to actually do some work...can you BELIEVE it?!?!?!
I am in SUCH a good mood today, and SO geeked for the M&G!!!! WOOHOO!!!

As always, I remain...
All of your
CRAZY CANUCK!!! :D

#36 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:02 AM

#2 for Joni.  Do you have the display board or did I forget that out at Arda's? eeps! I've got the rest of the stuff.

Jane/Ella, I got a poster board from Arda last night... I haven't looked at it yet but maybe it's a picture board too??? I'll let you know when I get a chance to look at it!!!

Edited by jmnodwell, 07 October 2005 - 11:04 AM.

Joni

#37 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:12 PM

Jane/Ella, I got a poster board from Arda last night... I haven't looked at it yet but maybe it's a picture board too???  I'll let you know when I get a chance to look at it!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it the display board, Joni?

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#38 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:17 PM

I contacted a dog food rep who is supposed to see that we have free food samples to give out at the meet and greet. She will have them delivered directly to Pet Supplies Plus for us. Hopefully, if we make the delivery day in time.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#39 Thormannix

Thormannix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:43 PM

Jenny,
My husband and I were going to around 12-1230pm because he has to be at work at 3pm. If you are not there by the time we leave I can bring Belle back to see you. It is impossible for me to handle Belle and Mannix by myself but at least you could see Belle!

If you still have those pictures of her we would love them.
Hope to see you on Saturday
Stephanie

#40 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:54 PM

I contacted a dog food rep who is supposed to see that we have free food samples to give out at the meet and greet. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Make sure you hide these from Bronson. :D

Edited by CAB, 10 October 2005 - 04:54 PM.

-Arda Barber

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users