#1 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:10 AM

Attached File  BelleColor_Memorial.jpg   108.76KB   0 downloads

Our protector, companion and friend...we love you with all of our hearts and will miss you dearly.

I'm too heart broken right now to write much. My vet came out to the house last night and put Belle to rest in the comfort of my arms. This has to be the hardest thing I've ever done. I miss her terribly.
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#2 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:12 AM

Mandy, I am so, so sorry. I wish there were words that would ease the hurt. Know you are in our thoughts.

Heather and family

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#3 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:23 AM

Mandy,

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you and your family.

Cheryl
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#4 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:07 PM

Dear Mandy and family,

Our hearts and tears are with you. Love, Vicki, Gracie and Blue

#5 dobes4ever

dobes4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:09 PM

We are sorry to hear you had to put Belle down..Just remember she will be with you in spirit. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Take Care,
Mike, Peg & Gretta

Edited by dobes4ever, 27 February 2006 - 12:13 PM.

Mike & Peg
Gretta
& Kloee the cat!
!

RV Innovations, LLC
RV Decks & Supplies
On-Line Store Coming Soon

#6 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:22 PM

Oh Mandy, I am crying right now. I am so so very sorry to hear about this. Just so sorry. You did so much and gave her so much and I know it hurts so much. My thoughts are with you right now. I understand about not being able to write because I still can't write about Tango.

Now they are playing together and swapping stories about their crazy Moms.

I wish I could make your hurt go away. :D

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#7 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:10 PM

My breath would catch each time you posted, hoping against hope that the ultimate bad news was not being posted...

It is so hard to lose them, especially when we have to make that call...

She knows you loved her and you know she is pain-free and healthy... Hopefully this, love and hugs from your friends and family, and the presence of your other pups will ease the gaping wound in your heart.

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#8 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:36 PM

Oh Mandy
I am so very sorry for your loss. Know that your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#9 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:59 PM

Out of all of my dogs, only Gunner had a truly compassionate reaction to Belle's passing. As I sat on the floor cradling Belle's head in my hands, Belle's doctor suggested we let all of the dogs in to see Belle, giving them an opportunity to come to terms with her passing. My GSP, Katie, turned around and ran out of the room, peaking around the corner at what was happening. She knew something was wrong and was afraid of the situation. Inca sniffed Belle, greeted everyone, jumped up on the couch and went to sleep. She was unphased. But Gunner, he was truly heart broken. He sniffed Belle from head to toe, lying down on the floor in front of me, his body across Belle's front legs, and just stared at me with a long, sorrowful look. He sniffed her head and nose for signs of life. He found none. My vet had gone outside for a few minutes to give us all a few moments alone with Belle. When he returned, Gunner put himself between Belle and my vet. He didn't want my vet to touch her. When my vet bent down to cuddle Belle up inside her blanket, Gunner tried his hardest to push the doctor away. He shoved himself against my vet, using his head to keep my vet from reaching Belle. He didn't want him to take her away. He wanted to protect her.

This morning when I woke, a bouquet of large white daisies sat in rememberance of Belle in the middle of her spotless kennel (she had been sick in there the day before and being too worried about her, I hadn't bothered to clean it). Thank you, Brandon, for your thoughtfulness.

And thank you, everyone, for your thoughts and prayers. This is the first time I've every had to make this decision. It's been incredibly difficult. In the end, Belle was unable to eat, couldn't hold even small amounts of water down and was quite sore. And all of it so suddenly--she began throwing up Friday night, and it wasn't clearing up over the course of a day like it had in the past. She had a pleading, sad look in her eyes and I knew it was time. I couldn't bare to see her like this, to see her go through this every weak or two, to see her continue to waste away.

I will forever miss her cold, wet nose nudging my arm, the wag of her tailess little behind and her excited happy circles at dinner time.
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#10 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 02:01 PM

Mandy,

I am so sorry to hear of Belle. I was praying that she was going to make it. I know that you did everything you could to make her happy and you did the right thing in letting her be at peace.

Maybe Belle and my Spencer are playing together at the bridge, just waiting for us to be with them.

Please take care of yourself and family.

Allison

Edited by aanderson, 27 February 2006 - 02:03 PM.

#11 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 03:31 PM

Dearest Mandy: My 16 yr. old Chocolate Lab that grew up with my sons developed cancer (which I did not know) and started coughing. When I took him to the vet there was fluid around the heart and at that point they thought it was a heart condition and wanted to put him down and I couldn't do it. Later in the day the vet called me after she got the blood work back to let me know it was cancer and again wanted me to put him down. She was afraid he'd seizure out and might hurt me as he was 106 lbs. As I was talking to her about him he was looking at me cocking his head and being cute; I told her no that he would let me know; that was on a Sunday; for the next three days I slept on the floor with him and spent every moment with him. On Wednesday, he gave me the same wild look as Belle did you and let me know it was time. They'll let you know when they're ready and you were sensitive enough and loved her enough to recognize that she was letting you know it was time. Thinking of you, Vicki

#12 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 04:24 PM

Mandy,
So Sorry to hear you lost Belle, know you
are in our thoughts.

Daisy

#13 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:01 PM

My Titan right now is very upset because I am crying my eyes out. All of us who have gone through what you have feel your pain. Adonis, Belle, Tango, Beeg, Niko and all the rest know they were loved and cared for. They all will be strong and alive and vibrant together. I pray your pain eases. Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#14 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:24 PM

Mandy,

I cried when I read your post. Even though we've all experienced the pain of loss, no one can know your pain--it's uniquely yours. Just know we're all gathered around you in spirit & empathy. I pray that soon your memories will comfort & not hurt.

#15 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:49 PM

Mandy,
We're so sorry to hear about Belle. We know it is so hard to let them go. You have our sympathies.
John and Lori
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#16 chimommy

chimommy

Chimommy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:04 PM

Mandy,
We are sorry for your loss of Belle. She came to you a broken Dobe and you worked wonders in her life. I remember you telling me at Arda's that you didn't think anyone would understand her and she would get passed over due to her quirks. Well in your care she blossomed into a beautiful graceful Dobe. She was destined to live a rough life and her reward was to find her way into your heart and your arms. I know you did not have near enough time with her but may your heart be full of her, love, loyalty and legacy. Cameron will never tire hearing of the courageous Dobe and how she came to steal your heart away.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet Doberlady.
Lorie and family

#17 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:49 PM

Mandy,

I don't know what to say except that I am so sorry for what you're going through. The worst is over, and now Belle is running again, pain free, eating steaks and big rawhides. You saved her and you gave her the best year of her life. All the pain she suffered before you found her was erased by all the love and spoiling you gave her. She will be first in line waiting for you at the bridge :D
Karen
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#18 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:54 PM

Mandy, I wish I had some majical words to lessen your pain. I am so sorry.

Edited by Heather M, 27 February 2006 - 06:55 PM.

#19 twodognite

twodognite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:39 PM

We are so sorry that you lost Belle such a great friend. Your family is in our thoughts.
Tom & Bonnie

#20 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:47 PM

Mandy -

I know how difficult this is for you. Horses, dogs, cats . . . the call is never an easy one. Belle gave you her unconditional love. You, as her steward through life, held up your end of the bargain: to see that she did not suffer unnecessarily when her life drew to a close. She loved you, and thanks you for ending her pain, and allowing her to be free. You were the best Mom she could ever have.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users