#41 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

Mary,
I rarely get a chance to get on anymore and when I saw this thread my heart sank. I completely understand how you are feeling - and I know the feeling of filling the void. When our beloved Ripper passed I knew how unbearable it was going to be for all of us in the house but especially me since I was the one who was with him 90% of the time. Every person is different and I wanted another right away to love and fill my empty heart - my husband and son wanted to wait. Well the wait wasn't long because we adopted Magnum 2 weeks later - my son had a difficult time with accepting him, my husband liked him but kept a distance for the first month and I fell in love with him the minute I was him. I know I have lots of time with him but this time around I don't know how I will feel about getting another when he passes. I know the love you had with T because Magnum and I have that bond. Know that my heart is with you and that T and Cocoa are running free with our ripper and all of the SCD furkids just waiting for us to be with them again!

I am ready already, but don't know what is available for me at SCD's. My Mollie is despondant and not eating and she has me worried. I know that cocoa and T will always be in my heart and that there will never be another Titan.

Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#42 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:21 PM

Mary, I was home sick for most of the weekend and could swear I woke up at one point and felt Munchkin stretched out along my back purring... I know it wasn't any of my other cats as they all sleep at my feet... He's been gone just over 2 months...

Hugs my friend!!! After losing him, and now Bella myself, I know how you feel!!!

Joni- I'm sorry to hear about Bella. I know she wasn't doing well, but it doesn't make it easier to say goodbye. Run free sweet Bella. How is Skitter doing?

Mary- Page has been gone a year and a half and I still wake up and feel her under my legs. I hope I always will, and if that makes me crazy, so be it.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#43 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:27 PM

Mary -

So sorry to hear about the physical problems you personally are having, and then to find that you lost both Titan and Cocoa. I think sometimes God tests us to see how strong we REALLY are. Emotionally, this must be an almost unbearable time. You have to take care of yourself first before you can take care of anyone else. I know, in time, there will be another wonderful Dobe waiting for you to open your heart to. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Linda

You know Linda after a fusion, etc of 2 discs the restraints a person is on. And I have been working my but off not to think of other things. But time moves on and my babies are becoming wonderful, loving, and fun memories. I laugh at some of their antics all the time. But Titan in the 3 yrs that I had him got me through my brother's death, my step-mom's death, and my back surgery and for that I loved him as a friend

Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#44 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

Mary, I was home sick for most of the weekend and could swear I woke up at one point and felt Munchkin stretched out along my back purring... I know it wasn't any of my other cats as they all sleep at my feet... He's been gone just over 2 months...

Hugs my friend!!! After losing him, and now Bella myself, I know how you feel!!!

Joni, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your babies that all stay healthy and well.

Mary

Stanley Coren

#45 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:30 AM

Mary - I'm sorry for your loss of Cocoa.................I hope you will find a new friend at SCD soon................
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#46 CrocHunter

CrocHunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

Mary - I'm sorry for your loss of Cocoa.................I hope you will find a new friend at SCD soon................

Mary - we are all here for you and we all know what this is like so we're all available anytime.

I find the best way to heal is to help another animal in need in your departed's name.
Dobermans:

Leah - female
Rerun - Male

#47 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:49 PM

Mary - we are all here for you and we all know what this is like so we're all available anytime.

I find the best way to heal is to help another animal in need in your departed's name.

thank-you all.

Mary

Stanley Coren

#48 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:04 PM

Posted Image

Honoring my 2 furkids-one who gave me 10 and 1/2 yrs and other 3 1/2. Loved them with my whole heart.

Mary

Stanley Coren

#49 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:31 PM

That's nice Mary.....they were both so well loved :)
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#50 MarlysMom

MarlysMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

A special place just as they hold one in your heart. I really love Titan's box; where did you get it.

#51 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:48 AM

A special place just as they hold one in your heart. I really love Titan's box; where did you get it.

Drs. Foster and Smith. Thank-you

Mary

Stanley Coren

#52 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:05 AM

You honor them well Mary.

#53 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:44 AM

Very nice rememberence for your babies, Mary.

#54 JennyPlum

JennyPlum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:49 AM

Mary, that is so beautiful, and those babies were so lucky to have been in your home and heart.
We can do no great things, only small things with great love. ~Mother Teresa

#55 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:26 AM

Mary, that is so beautiful, and those babies were so lucky to have been in your home and heart.

Thank-you, Jenny. We have missed you on the board. Nice to have you back. You know, I was the lucky one that I was able to have the two of them in my home and earned their love and trust.
I still miss the two of them so much. Just responding to your post brings tears to my eyes. They were great companions. Cocoa for 10 1/2 yrs and T for 3 1/2 yrs. Loved them to pieces.

Mary

Stanley Coren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users