187 replies to this topic

#21 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:03 PM

It is great to see such a wonderful dog owner that Matt obviously is. Good Luck to him in his deployment.
Thanks go to you for excepting a doggie and loving her while he is away.
Bless your home this year!!
KZOO

#22 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:10 PM

Here's a few more pics of Isabel and Dude.

Last week while there was no snow Isabel spotted a Frisbee. She just had to play with it.

Attached File  frisbee.jpg   138KB   2 downloads

Today we took them walking out back. I had Lori take them so I could get a picture. They really walk good together.

Attached File  walking.jpg   152.08KB   2 downloads

Here's a shot of her in her cammo jacket. Can you tell she's proud of her dad?

Attached File  Army.jpg   65.29KB   5 downloads
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#23 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:57 PM

What great pictures! You know Dude is gonna be attached to that cute little girl if he isn't already!
"Qui me amat, amat et canem meum" (Love me, love my dog)
The more people I meet the more I like my dog
"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience"
-Woodrow Wilson
"Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate in their object-relations."
-Sigmund Freud

#24 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:48 AM

Then mom and dad will have to come out and pick out a sister for dude :(
Will they let you send those pictures to Matt ? I bet he would love to see them !!
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#25 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:01 AM

Then mom and dad will have to come out and pick out a sister for dude :)
Will they let you send those pictures to Matt ? I bet he would love to see them !!

two are always more fun than one! :(
"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience"
-Woodrow Wilson
"Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate in their object-relations."
-Sigmund Freud

#26 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:05 AM

Then mom and dad will have to come out and pick out a sister for dude :(

We have a snail mail address for him and will be sending pictures and updates to him.

We are hoping that Dude will get used to having a sister, so we can get him one when Isabel goes home.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

-Mark Twain-

#27 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:49 AM

We are hoping that Dude will get used to having a sister, so we can get him one when Isabel goes home.

By the looks of the pictures, it seems as if he is already use to having a sister. :( Isabel looks like a lot of fun. I'm sure that she is enjoying every minute of her time with you.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#28 dobbiehearted

dobbiehearted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:45 PM

Dude and Isabell are so cute... but that Bumpster household is overflowing with love I feel it in all your posts....

I always thought of those who are deployed... what do they do with their dogs...if family members or the right babysitter is not available.. I never had too many babysitting choices... my mother flew in once for a out of town work thing I had to attend...... only other time, I had 2 friends who I trusted enough to come give her hugs and kisses and let her out...

I think its so wonderful of you to be giving that peace to Matt... he knows Isabel couldnt be in a better loving place other than his... Mr.and Mrs and Dude Bumpster... you are really neat people....

Keep the pics coming, that really is fun... Did Isabell and Dude know each other before she came to stay? Was that an easy transition to have Dude welcome her?

I am sitting here this morning thinking crazy thoughts.... I know having two dobbies in my house would be probably better than one, (not better than Lexa- just going forward bringing two here instead of one) if I could come to terms with the realistic challneges of that... financial-- possible medical challenges..bla bla bla...

but to have two of them here... double love..
My Beloved Lexa (April 1998 --Jan 2008)
My Cherished Loki -SCD ( May 2008- August 2012) *
http://www.secondcha...ic=6378&hl=loki
Baby Koda

#29 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:59 PM

Did Isabell and Dude know each other before she came to stay? Was that an easy transition to have Dude welcome her?

Matt brought Isabel up here on a Sat. afternoon, before she came to stay, so we could be sure Dude would be accepting of her. Dude is still getting used to having her here, but it is going pretty good. A year ago we couldn't have done it, but we spent a good portion of the summer socializing Dude. And our niece came to live with us in September, while she is in college, and brought her older Border Collie mix, Stinky, with her. So Dude was used to having another dog in his house before Isabel came to live. I wouldn't exactly say that Dude 'welcomed' her, but he is putting up with her!
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

-Mark Twain-

#30 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

I wouldn't exactly say that Dude 'welcomed' her, but he is putting up with her!

Okay, we feel a lot better now.

Tiki and Shaylee

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#31 Isabel

Isabel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:22 PM

Here's a few more pics of Isabel and Dude.

Last week while there was no snow Isabel spotted a Frisbee. She just had to play with it.

Attached File  frisbee.jpg   138KB   2 downloads

Today we took them walking out back. I had Lori take them so I could get a picture. They really walk good together.

Attached File  walking.jpg   152.08KB   2 downloads

Here's a shot of her in her cammo jacket. Can you tell she's proud of her dad?

Attached File  Army.jpg   65.29KB   5 downloads

Ok, finally I am able to see the pictures. I hope she remembers me when I come home.

#32 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:25 PM

Ok, finally I am able to see the pictures. I hope she remembers me when I come home.

Welcome Matt!!! Thanks for doing what you are doing!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#33 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:31 PM

Hi Matt - You couldn't have selected better people to take care of Isabel while you are away serving our country. :sorcerer: Thank you for all that you do!

Cheryl
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#34 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:33 PM

Lori - Did you make that cute little jacket for her?

Matt - she's in good hands. I'd like to go live with the Bumpsters too, but Dude wouldn't let me.
For the love of K.A.T.
Kenny, Akina (R.I.P.) & Tanner

#35 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:40 PM

I just choke up every time I see or hear this story. God Bless you Matt for what you're doing and Bumpster you're just too much for words. Isn't it something how the love of these dogs attracts so many wonderful people. I'm getting real mushy so am going to save you all from that.

#36 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:51 PM

Welcome Matt - Isabel couldn't be in better hands - you know, when you get back you are going to have to bring her by the Dude often. Funny thing with all the dobies here - once they have a companion they always want a companion. Either that or you all can make a jaunt to Arda's to adopt a few....you know a friend for Dude and a friend for Isabel!!! :sorcerer: :whistling:
-Woodrow Wilson
-Sigmund Freud

#37 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:53 PM

Lori - Did you make that cute little jacket for her?

No, she came with it. She also has another one that is heavier for really cold days! I think she will need the heavier one this weekend, they are calling for a high in the single digits here!
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

-Mark Twain-

#38 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:11 PM

Posted Image

It's an honor to have you stop by!

Posted Image

We will be praying for you and your fellow militarypeople!! God Bless you and God Bless America!!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#39 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:22 PM

Welcome Matt. God Bless you. Thank you for all you do.
Ella & Princess
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#40 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:57 PM

Matt,

Welcome to the board. Isabel is in great hands while you are gone. She will remember you. My brother in law is in the Navy and he has been gone for a couple years before, and his doggies always remember him. Thank you for serving. I have observed first hand the sacrifices a military family at home makes, and I realize the sacrifice of our military personnel is even greater. God bless you and the rest of our serving men and women.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users