407 replies to this topic

#21 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:41 PM

Arda here is a puppy fix for you. You know you can stop down anytime and crawl around with them like Kathye does.
The names of these ones are on the theme "Gone With The Wind" We have to get Kathye off the theme names.

She hasn't figured them all out yet so we aren't sure who is who except for three. This is Sam:

Attached Files

#22 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:56 PM

Scarlet Attached File  Picture_003.jpg   225.63KB   38 downloads

Here we have Charlie:Attached File  Picture_006.jpg   208.88KB   32 downloads

Momma Angel is such a sweetheart. She and I take a walk every evening. Last night was fun, as we approached the chicken pen we found one had escaped, and was soon frantically trying to get back in. I hurriedly took Angel back to her kennel, rescued the chicken then took Angel back out so she could torment the goat. She really wants in his pen to see him but he stays hidden until we turn to walk away, at which time he will charge through his pasture and try to buck us in the butt. Angel has taken every tennis ball that the other dogs had left in her kennel a month ago and put them in with her and her pups.She loves chasing and catching them but we keep it to a minimum because she needs to keep taking care of her babies.
The tan coloring is showing alot more on the pups every day. They are starting to try and walk which is funny to watch as they get up take a step on two, fall down roll over and try again. Their eyes are now opening so soon they will all be able to see us.
Here are some mixed pics.Attached File  Picture_008.jpg   216.32KB   39 downloadsAttached File  Picture_010.jpg   148.34KB   27 downloads

#23 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 04:42 PM

Kathye & Kevin , wow what beautiful babies , I know your so proud !! :cry: the brown is starting to show , how kool!! Kari
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#24 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:04 AM

Oh my God....
I just can't resist puppies...I'm telling ya...they are just too precious...

#25 Becki

Becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:51 PM

What a beautiful group of dogs! I will be sending a PM to you about the pups.
In loving memory of Mitchell, 1992-January 22, 2006. He was a great friend, and I'm sorry he couldn't take the stress of this world any longer. We love you Mitchell. I just wish you would have talked with us before you made that decision

#26 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:20 PM

The pups are now just over three weeks old and have started the dogfood/milk meal. Attached File  Picture_005.jpg   61.07KB   27 downloads

Momma, Angel is trying to wean them, as she would rather be outside the pen away from them most of the time. Attached File  Picture_017.jpg   56.34KB   16 downloads

My arm is tired, between Angel and Juno, I never stop playing with the tennis balls and them.Attached File  Picture_012.jpg   58.85KB   17 downloads

We have gotten about seven approved adopters as of so far with a couple more applications to review. I think kathye is going to go nuts, when she has to give these little ones up.

Arda, you are correct, the food sticks to them like a magnet to steel. They seem to bathe in the food.Attached File  Picture_007.jpg   76.29KB   21 downloads

#27 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:53 PM

Beautiful, just beautiful. :)

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#28 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:55 PM

The pups are sooo cute, they grow so fast, before you know it
they will be into EVERYTHING!!! :) Ours are such cute BRATS,
but just afew weeks ago so sweet/innocent like yours.
Kathye, Heather & I are BIG Gone With the Wind bufs, one of our
alltime favorite movies, Heather collects dolls, plates, cards ect too.
I can give you Many more names for the kids....
One of my favorites, have wanted to name a dobe " INDIA", just
havent yet.
Others...
Mellanie, Rhett, Miss Pittypat, Bonnie, Tara,Ashley, Frank.. are afew that
come to mind...
Looks like they are eating well, they will grow like weeds now, & thats
since MOM says she wants to stop feeding them, their teeth are starting
to come in too, that may be why with so many it hurts...
Good Luck :D
Daisy

#29 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:00 PM

I was on the way out there today. I ran into you and Kathye and it looked like you were heading to the fair to check on Budermann. Then the K Mart mess and I came home. I have to maul the little darlings too. What a nut house.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#30 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:49 AM

You are correct, We were going to the fair, we have to have our daily visit with the Budermann. He comes home tomorrow night between 8-9:30pm. I have aready made his straw bed in the back of the truck last night before I went to work for his ride home. Then again maybe he will ride in the backseat--NOT. His stall is all clean, and now we just wait.

#31 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 07:19 AM

K and K; You make a heck of a rescue. But in the meat market....THUMBS DOWN! You can't cut it! I'm so darn thankful that you are part of my family of "misfits" in 2005. Animals are not disposable! Not even Chris. Love you two or three or all your mess to death. Swamp Mama

#32 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 07:28 AM

Hey Arda,
How's the weather out your way this morning?
It's storming really bad here right now.

#33 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 07:52 AM

That is why I'm online right now, to see what the weather is going to be like on my drive out to Arda's... :)

#34 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 07:58 AM

That is why I'm online right now, to see what the weather is going to be like on my drive out to Arda's... :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It just started raining here, Jen. It's dark and thundering and has a steady rain. Not a downpour yet, or anything. You'll have to drive through it to get to Arda's probably.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#35 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:00 AM

That's what I'm thinking....
Looking on the weatherchannel. 90% rain in Clinton...AND I have to stop by Cheryl's.
I think I'm passing on the playdate ,everyone!! Sorry! :)

#36 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 09:08 AM

Congrats on your new Rescue, hope it go's well :D
From what I know about the White Shepherds, they used
to be able to be shown in canada, stopped afew yrs ago, see
in obed/agiltiy some.
In the UKC registry, the White german shepherds used to compete
in conformation w/ the blk/tans ect. Then about 6-7 yrs ago they
became a seperate breed & are called The White Shepherd now &
compete in their own breed & are able to do all the UKC stuff the
other breeds can, some are very beautiful. I think the color is a
recessive & if she was bred to a BLK/tan/sable/blk male thats why
they arnt white. The White Shepherds are not like the White dobes
in the respect that they can/do have black noses/paw pads & darker
eyes ( not blue) like the white dobes w/ their pink noses/pads ect.
The pups are so cute, ALOT of work with that many to raise... Hope
you can get them placed while they are young... Mom Angel sounds
like a good mom, just getting tired of the teeth/nails digging in... :D
GOOD LUCK Kathye & Kevin.. :( :)
Daisy

#37 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 07:12 PM

To all you smart butts that were here. First ir rained. Then Kathye cleaned the kennel in the dark. No water. Heck....no electricity. Here comes Jenny. No electricity. Everyone leaves. Here's Arda. No electricity. Then all of a sudden. No Thunder. So I calmly start the search. No Thunder. So I start the chain saw. Whoopie! The chain falls off. No Thunder, no electricity, no chain saw. As I was staggering around in the road ditch here comes the Indian. "What the hexx are you doing out here" as if I have to stay in there behind the chain link with No Thunder, No electricity, and No chain saw. I went back in. Found Thunder in the carrousel building. Electricity came on. But I fear the chain saw needs Kevin. Great day in the neighborhood. Wow!

#38 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:43 PM

Found Thunder in the carrousel building. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OH NO!!! He went in there when we were rooting around in the dark for the cat food and kitty litter!!!! :)

#39 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 05:56 PM

To all you smart butts that were here.  First ir rained.  Then Kathye cleaned the kennel in the dark.  No water.  Heck....no electricity.  Here comes Jenny.  No electricity.  Everyone leaves.  Here's Arda.  No electricity.  Then all of a sudden.  No Thunder.  So I calmly start the search.  No Thunder.  So I start the chain saw.  Whoopie!  The chain falls off.  No Thunder, no electricity, no chain saw.  As I was staggering around in the road ditch here comes the Indian.  "What the hexx are you doing out here"  as if I have to stay in there behind the chain link with No Thunder, No electricity, and No chain saw.  I went back in.  Found Thunder in the carrousel building.  Electricity came on.  But I fear the chain saw needs Kevin.  Great day in the neighborhood.  Wow!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, so I found the missing pages to the chapters. Boy, take a couple of days off and if you blink you miss the whole thing! Eeeps, that was one heck of a storm you had there. :D One heck of a day too. :D Leave it to Kathye to figure out how to clean the kennel without water and elec. Leave it to Arda to wander off the property without a pass. :)

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#40 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 06:19 PM

Jane's posted cont'd...

And leave it up to Thunder to just HAPPEN to get stuck in the workshop, with bags upon bags of various dog/cat/mini-horse food...poor, poor, bugger...:) HAHAHAHAHA
I had a good time, although, I ALWAYS have a good time out there!!! :D

Arda, I have a little girl for you to see!!! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users