25 replies to this topic

#1 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:41 PM

Ok, I need help. Akina insists on pooping in the house. I know she knows better. She is not crated, because she will poop in her crate and then one thing leads to another and I have a HUGE mess to clean up. If I leave her out of her crate...I have a pile of poop to clean up. See the difference? If I run home on lunch and them out.....it's all fine. But if I can't run home, I'm garaunteed a little gift. NOW...today was a good day. I got home from the whole day and there was no mess...that I could see...but it sure did smell like there had been one. I took them outside and we hung out for a couple of HOURS. Then, I realized I had to run down to the store...a mile away...and get dog food. (the irony) I was gone less than an hour. I get home and HEY MOM...got somethin' for ya! She knows it's wrong. I can tell when I walk in (other than the horrific scent) that she did something wrong because she'll stay back behind Kenny and hides. Do I seriously have to run home EVERY day to avoid this mess????

Short of setting up a webcam and Nanny sit them with a walkie talkie at hand to get her attention at the 'time'...I don't know WHAT to do!!!!
For the love of K.A.T.
Kenny, Akina (R.I.P.) & Tanner

#2 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:49 PM

What food are you feeding her? I feel for you. Val leaves me presents every once in a while in my bedroom upstairs. And if he goes number 2 he also goes number 1. I'm ready to tear the carpet up. That way, if he messes, it will be easier to clean up.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#3 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:56 PM

Pedigree. It's the only thing that doesn't give her the runs.

I know what your saying with the carpet. I've been thinking about that same thing.
For the love of K.A.T.

#4 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:58 PM

I feel for you honestly.
Nothing worse than dobe poops smells....ewwwwwwwww........I am proud to say that Tessa hasn't left me a present in at least 3 months. But Becca the old lady grumpy dachshie leaves one at least once a day. I learned a loooong time ago, dogs and carpet do NOT mix. So now I have NONE....Zero...ZIP.......
I wish I could offer advice, caging always has worked for me, apparently Akina can't hold it in a cage. I know dogs hate to mess in their cage. I wonder if it is the food?
Sorry I couldn't help you out!! But KNOW that someone else has been there!
Melissa K.

#5 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:11 PM

Has Akina just started doing this, or has she always done it?
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#6 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:52 PM

How much are you feeding each meal? When I know I'm going to have a problem with a dog that just came in, I use LOW RESIDUE Eukanuba. Less poop and they can hold it better. And CRATE. Smaller if they are messy. I am wondering if you feed a very little amount in the morning and a heavier meal at night. Can you try this. I have another old trick but it's gross and too many people read this stuff. Old show dog trick.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#7 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:25 PM

This has been on-going since I've had her here. First it started with the runs....but I guess I was just so relieved when it was 'solid' I figured we'd work through it...but as time when on, I realized this has been going on forever.

I give her one scoop in the AM and one scoop at night. (about 1 1/2 cups per scoop) I could try just a single cup in the morning and then the rest for dinner. I wonder how the LOW RESIDUE Euk would do with her 'Runs' issue.

Her crate is 28x42....think that is too big? She's only about 70lbs. I need a new tray. Guess a few extra minutes of tray cleaning would be better than scrubbin' the carpet every day.

What's that link that you can get crate pans??

Edited by Kennysmom, 07 June 2007 - 09:45 PM.

For the love of K.A.T.

#8 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:30 AM

I'd make her crate real small....only big enough for her to stand and turn around in so if she messes it, she has to sit in it :D Yuck. SHe won't like it.
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#9 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:36 AM

Cut the amount of food in the morning and increase the amount in the evening when you are there. If you can get down here we can give you a crate to use. Put newspapers in the crate. Easier to clean. Throw them away. No laundry as with a blanket. Might want to put newspaper under the crate and around it to start. This is no problem.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#10 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:24 AM

I'm good on a crate. I have two of them, just no tray for the bottom. I'll get one ordered. I never thought of using newspaper instead of a blanket!

I cut her breakfast in half this morning.....if looks could kill!! She did her business outside, as always in the morning....so we'll see what happens today.

I'll get her back in the crate and cut down on the AM feedings.

Other than this 'issue', she's a good little girl. Oh, and I think I know the dog show trick. Yeah, um...no thanks.
For the love of K.A.T.

#11 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:31 AM

Cut the amount of food in the morning and increase the amount in the evening when you are there. If you can get down here we can give you a crate to use. Put newspapers in the crate. Easier to clean. Throw them away. No laundry as with a blanket. Might want to put newspaper under the crate and around it to start. This is no problem.

I think I'm thinking what you're thinking...match sticks anyone? :D :)
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#12 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:39 AM

I think I'm thinking what you're thinking...match sticks anyone? :D ;)

NO WAY! I'll make her her own little indoor kennel room before THAT's gonna happen.

Kzoo - my friend has a mini-daschie.....her name is Cocoa. She does the same thing, but we call her's 'Cocoa Pebbles' And I tell ya what......for the size ratio - those little turds pack a punch too!! :)

Edited by Kennysmom, 08 June 2007 - 09:42 AM.

For the love of K.A.T.

#13 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:18 AM

I feed both dogs very little in the a.m. for two reasons; one is they're both too fat and the second is to not take any chances about accidents in the house. Some days they are left for a long period of time. So far, it seems to work. Had a breakthrough with Coby by the way; yesterday morning I forgot to put him in the crate in the confusion of leaving in the a.m. and he was a perfect boy. Hooray!

#14 dobes4ever

dobes4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:25 AM

We feed all three of ours dogs one time a day which is usually around 4:00. We had the same problems with the accidents, but since we have benn doing this ..... no accidents.
Mike & Peg
Gretta
& Kloee the cat!
!

RV Innovations, LLC
RV Decks & Supplies
On-Line Store Coming Soon

#15 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:29 PM

Princess only eats once a day. Her main meal is around 7:00PM so before we go to bed she has gone out and done her business. she has milkbone and other treats laying around all day so if she wants a snack she has one.
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#16 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:25 PM

Oh, and I think I know the dog show trick.

Does it have anything to do with a match stick?
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#17 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:43 PM

NO WAY! I'll make her her own little indoor kennel room before THAT's gonna happen.

You don't want to lose the thing...you just want to create enough of a sensation to trigger a peristaltic response. :D :)
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#18 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:55 PM

Maybe it was just beginners luck...but today was a good day! Gave her the single cup this morning. Got home from work and all was well. Not even the aroma of excrement. YAY!!!! Happy Friday!!!!!
For the love of K.A.T.

#19 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:54 PM

Woo-Hoo Akina!!
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#20 Kimmi

Kimmi

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 06:53 PM

Does it have anything to do with a match stick?

HAAAAAAAAAA...I use that trick to get mine to go before showing them...My tack bag is filled with matches::))) :D
Kimmi
Sehoya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users