33 replies to this topic

#1 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

Auda-Le & William came out this weekend to see the dogs. After losing their last Dobe girl, April, to DCM they wanted to find another Doberman to love. They came out and didn't have anyone in mind, they just wanted the dog that would be the best fit for them and their Husky girl, Macy. After meeting the kids they decided that Keno was the right boy for them.

Hurray!! I love this boy so much, and I am so happy for him. Keno is a great boy who was adopted in 2008 and due to financial issues and divorce, had to be returned to us after 7 years with his family. He deserves to be the apple of someone's eye again. Congratulations on your newest family member! Thank you for opening your home and hearts to a rescue Dobe. :flower:

Attached File  Keno2.jpg   177.9KB   3 downloads

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#2 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:03 PM

We showed them the younger boys but Keno was exactly the right one.  Macy perked right up when Kari brought him out.  It was like he saw an old friend.  Keno is an old boy but he has a lot of life left in him.  Big ole hug-a-bear.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#3 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:56 PM

Congratulations!! Enjoy your new family !
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#4 Audie

Audie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:41 PM

Keno is super. he has become a member of our family and is adjusting very well. He's taken to sleeping on my side of the bed just like my beautiful April did and is a big lap dog that is all about being loved

#5 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:19 PM

Aww, that's great--so happy for him & for you!  :)  (Pictures would be good!)

Edited by Pam, 21 September 2015 - 09:20 PM.

#6 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:18 PM

I'm so happy to see this update! Give him a big hug from all of us. And yes, :wwp:  :D

SCD's Stone Soup

#7 dobie sunshine

dobie sunshine

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:00 AM

Congratulations on your new addition...I hope you have many happy healthy years with Keno....glad to hear he is adjusting well....

#8 Audie

Audie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:15 AM

not sure how to post pictures. gonna try this attach files thingy. lol   Ha. success. Here's Keno enjoying a big ol bone in the back yard.

Attached Files

#9 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:32 AM

He looks so happy, thank you for giving Keno the loving home he so deserved. May

you have many happy years,

#10 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:33 AM

Still trying to get these kids records from my vet.  Will check again today.  I KNOW he is up to date on every thing and I know I wormed here at home.  He is a real chow hound so don't over feed him.  Special hug for my big boy.

#11 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:50 AM

Congratulations to Keno and his new family!  Thank you so much for giving such a sweet old boy a wonderful forever home, and thanks for the great update and photos!

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#12 Audie

Audie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:05 AM

Hey Arda. No worries. I just have to wait til we get them to get his tag. He's wearing April's right now just so he has 1 on.  He thinks he's being starved but we're keeping his portions appropriate and he's finally learning that Macy's bowl is Not his and he has to stay out of it. He still tries to sneak if we aren't watching but he's doing very well. Macy is 1 of those that will take a few bites of her breakfast, if she eats it at all but she gets a little canned with dinner so she usually eats that all up. Keno is perfectly happy with his dry food so No, we aren't giving him canned stuff. He doesn't need it. We've decided he's gonna be a mama's boy. lol. going out to Bill's brothers this afternoon and taking them with us. he has 3 dogs and a pond so they'll get some fun and exercise today. Take care . chat atcha soon.

PS. Hugs given

Edited by Audie, 22 September 2015 - 08:06 AM.

#13 Audie

Audie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:32 PM

Well, Keno and Macy had a ball today. went to my brother in laws. they have 10 acres and a pond and 3 dogs. they swam and ran and played and did it all over again, multiple times. got home a bit ago, fed them supper, gave them a bath. Keno is 1 Very Tired out boy. He's on the couch curled up in his blanket and crashed. Was so good to see him run and have so much fun. I think he's a happy boy

#14 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:08 PM

I am so relieved that he is fitting in so well.  I have to worry like a mother.  Thank you.

#15 Audie

Audie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

No, Thank You

#16 Audie

Audie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:43 PM

Update on Keno:  Well, the big guy has been with us for 15 days now. He has definitely become a mama's boy. :Drooling:   He does however think that he's being cruelly and unjustly mistreated because we have been brushing his teeth and working at getting the built up tarter off. Oh, and he's thoroughly convinced that he's being Starved to Death.  Macy's bowl is off limits to him. This is a boundry we are working on and he's not liking it. After all, if she leaves food in her bowl, it should be his right? NO. LOL. Today for the first time, he barked at a car in the driveway. Thinking this might mean he's feeling comfortable and secure and this is now his home to protect. Yeah Keno. Was very proud of him. He got a cookie for that one. Dad (Bill) apparently thought this was too cute not to share so.... sharing

Attached Files

#17 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:29 AM

Yep, I'll say that those are two very spoiled dogs. One  each side will keep you nice

and warm.Love the update and pictures.Thanks again for giving him a great home.

#18 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:29 PM

Wow thanks for giving this boy a second second chance!!!  Glad he is making himself at home, Macy and him look very; comfy together.

#19 Audie

Audie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:56 AM

they are until he rolls over on her. then she gets a little testy. lol. He does however think he's being abused because he's been getting apples and carrots for snacks instead od cookies. trying to clean some of the built up plaque off his teeth and we found out he has the beginnings of a cataract. Plus, not hurting him a bit to get some good stuff in his belly.  My husband couldn't believe it when he saw him eat a raw carrot. :Drooling:

#20 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:39 PM

My kids actually LOVE fruit and veggies. Apples, carrots, green beans, bananas, and kiwi to name a few. I feel better giving them that for treats instead of milk bones or something. It cracks me up too, to see them so excited for a carrot.

SCD's Stone Soup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users