48 replies to this topic

#1 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 09:22 AM

I worked at a health/education fair yesterday and met a woman who is a Home Interiors Decorating Consultant. I found out that they have a fundraising program in which 50% of all sales go directly to the organization. I thought that this would be a great progam for us to raise money. I was able to get a few of the ladies that I work with to place an order and so far I have received a total of $75.26.

I took home a few of the order forms and distributed them at the playdate. If anyone else would like one, please PM me your address and I will send you one in the mail. I have 3 left and will be receiving more this week.

The items available for sale include Textured Candle Jars ($12), Candle Tins ($8),
Lotions & Shower Gels ($9 Ea), Room Fresheners ($10 5-Pack), and Candle Cappers & Candleholders ( $15 & Under).

If you live out of state, or in Canuckieland, you can visit the Home Interiors website to find a representative in your area. www.homeinteriors.com

If you are participating in this program, please don't forget to include the MI 6% sales tax. You can accept cash or check. If you do not wish to sell merchandise, but want to help out with a purchase, please PM me.

All orders will be due on Wednesday, October 26. This means that I should have your check (make payable to me) and original order form. Your original order form will be returned back to you with your merchandise order so that you know who gets what. All orders will be placed the week of October 30 and will take approximately 15 days to get in. Once the orders come in, I will be contacting you.

If you have any questions, please ask!

Edited by CAB, 02 October 2005 - 09:42 AM.

The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#2 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 09:40 AM

Opps. I goofed. I was trying to edit my original post and I hit the reply button. :D

Edited by CAB, 02 October 2005 - 09:45 AM.

The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#3 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 09:41 AM

:D Double goofed. GEEZ OH PEATS!!!

Edited by CAB, 02 October 2005 - 09:49 AM.

-Arda Barber

#4 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:36 PM

Is anyone else interested in doing this? So far, we have myself, Frank, Ella, Lori, Melissa, and Joni.

-Arda Barber

#5 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:16 PM

I'm going to have my mom ask around too... and I have several people around work looking at it, or will once I get it to them.. :D Can you send me a couple of extra original order forms??? or can we get together to get them???

Edited by jmnodwell, 04 October 2005 - 02:41 PM.

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#6 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:19 PM

I'm going to have my mom ask around too...  Can you send me a couple of extra original order forms??? or can we get together to get them???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Either or. Just let me know what you want to do.

-Arda Barber

#7 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:40 PM

Well... you'll have to PM me your address since you know where I live but I don't know where you do. HA!!! I made several copies of the order blank and that's what I'm using to pass around... I'll compile them onto one order form...

Do we also want to sell at the M&G on the 15th??? I know delivery may be a little more difficult but if they aren't too far, I'm willing to tool around Canton to deliver...

Joni
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

#8 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:56 PM

Do we also want to sell at the M&G on the 15th???  I know delivery may be a little more difficult but if they aren't too far, I'm willing to tool around Canton to deliver...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can do this if you want but I am not willing to. I'm sticking to family, friends, and coworkers.

Edited by CAB, 04 October 2005 - 04:01 PM.

-Arda Barber

#9 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:57 PM

Well... you'll have to PM me your address since you know where I live but I don't know where you do. HA!!! 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can stop by tomorrow night if that's okay because I will be in Dearborn returning all of the supplies from work last Saturday. I could probably be over at 9. Is this okay?

-Arda Barber

#10 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:14 PM

Something that you can do as an incentive is to offer to pay the sales tax. :D

-Arda Barber

#11 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:27 PM

Do we also want to sell at the M&G on the 15th???

No, as much as I would like it, we can't sell anything at the meet and greet, Joni. Ted allows us there because we don't make any of his customers feel uncomfortable by soliciting donations or selling merchandise. He really appreciates that we are there to basically educate people about the breed. He doesn't mind if we have a donation jar, just so that we don't hit his customers up for money for any reason. I know how tempting it is, though! :D

Cheryl, I'm willing to donate a prize. It's not much but I really think it's cute. It's a doberman magnet for the car. So whoever sells the most can have it if you guys want.

Here are some pics.

Attached File  dobe_magnet_002.jpg   44.9KB   13 downloads

Attached File  dobe_magnet_003.jpg   56.87KB   13 downloads

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#12 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:57 PM

Jane,
Where did you get that magnet? I really would love to get one!
John
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#13 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:03 PM

Jane,
Where did you get that magnet?  I really would love to get one!
John

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got it at WalMart. But don't tell anyone or it won't be a special prize!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#14 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:06 PM

Cheryl, I'm willing to donate a prize.  It's not much but I really think it's cute.  It's a doberman magnet for the car.  So whoever sells the most can have it if you guys want.

Here are some pics.

Attached File  dobe_magnet_002.jpg   44.9KB   13 downloads

Attached File  dobe_magnet_003.jpg   56.87KB   13 downloads

Jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you Jane. We'll take it! It's very cool. :D

Edited by CAB, 04 October 2005 - 07:21 PM.

-Arda Barber

#15 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 06:50 AM

Here are the fundraising items available for sale.

http://www.homeinter...yer_2005_03.pdf

-Arda Barber

#16 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:26 AM

Cher,
I'm going to look into it, and if I can I'll put an order sheet in the lunch room at my work.
I'm HOPING I can do that, I really can't see a problem with it, though, considering that all kinds of people have that stuff out here whenever they want. :D

#17 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:35 AM

I can stop by tomorrow night if that's okay because I will be in Dearborn returning all of the supplies from work last Saturday.  I could probably be over at 9.  Is this okay?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually since you sent me the pdf file, I don't really need more flyers... I can combine them all onto one order form when I turn in orders to you... but you can always stop by with Cocoa anytime you like!!!

So far I have passing around flyers: my mom, my sister, a co-worker, and myself. I will also ask Elizabeth if she would take a flyer around... I will send out the e-mail to other co-workers today and start passing out the flyer myself today or tomorrow!!!

Edited by jmnodwell, 05 October 2005 - 09:37 AM.

Joni

#18 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:36 AM

No, as much as I would like it, we can't sell anything at the meet and greet, Joni.  Ted allows us there because we don't make any of his customers feel uncomfortable by soliciting donations or selling merchandise.  He really appreciates that we are there to basically educate people about the breed.  He doesn't mind if we have a donation jar, just so that we don't hit his customers up for money for any reason.  I know how tempting it is, though!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okie dOKie Jane!!! So no notecards either... Not a problem!!!

Joni

#19 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:00 AM

I think people are more inclined TO donate when it's not pushed upon them. When you talk to them, they see the jar on their own, and then will decide if they want to donate or not.

#20 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:17 PM

PM sent.

I LOVE these candles. I would love to help out. I may have just a small order....but I know that I want to buy some of these candles for myself.

Lisa
For the love of K.A.T.
Kenny, Akina (R.I.P.) & Tanner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users