#161 dobermidwife

dobermidwife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:18 PM

Mary,

I am praying for a swift recovery for you, many long and tender moments with T.

Lee Ann

HQ Back in Time of Phesika   "Griffin"

HQ Prevailing Grace   "Gracie"

Waiting at the Bridge:

Stadtwald's Boston Red Coat  "Cody" 

Aradeena Ruark's Lacey  "Lacey"

Logan & Lexi    littersmates

SCD Up-C-Dazy  "Dazy"

HMDD Brody 

SCD Bella

We can judge a heart of man according to his love for animals.~~Immanuel Kant

#162 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:58 AM

Mary,
Everytime I read your messages I can't help but think that you must be an amazing person. You clearly have a huge, kind heart. I think you and T are soul mates.
I think about him all the time. I will keep him in my prayers

Stephanie

Steph, I thank you. Everyone on this board is amazing and yes, T is my bestest soul mate
Mary and T

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#163 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:05 AM

Mary, what did you have done to your back? Inquiring BAD BACKS want to know and what is the recovery time. Is it by any chance the Lumbar area?

I had screws, cages, rods, and pins put in for 2 discs. There were complications (so don't think this is what it always is like because I know you may go through this at some time).
My back was worse than the Dr thought by what he saw on his mri's, etc. I was a bad patient. Some nurses are. Pulled my own IV, it wasn't being used and It had gone subq and nobody was doing anything. Sound familar Karan A.
Had to stay longer than normal because of the complications, they say, but I think it was because I was a bad patient.
Up until last night I was shivering and shaking due to the pain, but it is much better today. Thanks for asking Arda

mary and T

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#164 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:30 AM

Had to stay longer than normal because of the complications, they say, but I think it was because I was a bad patient.

Tsk, Tsk. Being a nurse, you should know better than to be a bad patient. :flower:

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better today. I hope your recovery goes well from here on out. :wub:
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#165 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:52 AM

Was it to fuse vertebrae or to brace them? The first mess I had was to fuse 3 vertebrae using bone pieces. The next one is supposed to be lumbar section. This I am afraid of as I don't know anyone that has had it done. What pain meds have they got you on? How long do they predict before it will be OK?
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#166 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:28 PM

Was it to fuse vertebrae or to brace them? The first mess I had was to fuse 3 vertebrae using bone pieces. The next one is supposed to be lumbar section. This I am afraid of as I don't know anyone that has had it done. What pain meds have they got you on? How long do they predict before it will be OK?

It was to fuse the vertebrae and they used bone from my hip. And, it was lumbar/sacral. They have me on valium for spasms, Tylox every 6 with vicodin es for breakthrough pain and they have been needed up until today. I am having a fair day and not too many pills.\\

Mary and T

Stanley Coren

#167 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:42 PM

I'm sorry for being so personal, but, will they take the metal out later or does it stay in forever? My new leg gets very cold, that's the reason I asked. I had the tail bone section broken a long long time ago. Then 2 whip lashes and that's the lumbar section. darn, I can't hardly walk anymore.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#168 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:40 AM

Wow, Mary :P That's a lot of cutting. Hope you feel better very very soon.

Deb & Klaus

#169 dobermidwife

dobermidwife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:06 PM

Mary,
It sounds like you and T both need some warm and gentle hugs! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Lee Ann

HQ Back in Time of Phesika   "Griffin"

HQ Prevailing Grace   "Gracie"

Waiting at the Bridge:

Stadtwald's Boston Red Coat  "Cody" 

Aradeena Ruark's Lacey  "Lacey"

Logan & Lexi    littersmates

SCD Up-C-Dazy  "Dazy"

HMDD Brody 

SCD Bella

We can judge a heart of man according to his love for animals.~~Immanuel Kant

0 user(s) are reading this topic