35 replies to this topic

#1 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:59 PM

Lori and I got our first Dobie in Nov. 1982. We got her from a backyard breeder. (We didn't know any better back then). We had Sheeba for 10.5 years, before cardio took her from us.
Attached File  Sheeba1.jpg   171.01KB   30 downloads

After her passing, we started checking with breeders listed with AKC of Kalamazoo, MI. One of the breeder names was Lisa Presley. When we called her, she told us that she was no longer breeding Dobes because she was involved with Second Chance Dobes, and would we be interested in a adult dog? She told us about a large red male that was at the Calhoun County animal shelter. Lori and I went to look at him. It was June 3, 1993. He was about 5 years old, 32 in. at the shoulder and gorgeous. He greeted us with a big lick on the cheek for each of us. That was it, Rex was our new boy. It was his last day at the shelter before he would have to be taken to the Swamp. So he never made it to the Swamp, but SCD saved his life. We had 6.5 wonderful years with him, before bone cancer forced us to let him go to the bridge.
Attached File  Rex1.jpg   222.06KB   45 downloads

This time we knew that we wanted another adult rescue Dobie. We called Lisa again and told her we were looking to get another dog. She told us about a 6 month old male that desperatly needed to be placed. The girl that had him, "rescued" him from her aunt but was not able to keep him herself. She had called Lisa to try and find him a forever home. Lisa put us in touch with each other. After a few phone calls we arranged a meeting. It was Oct. 5, 1999. He was 6 months old, black and tan but with the look of velvet. We were immediatly taken with Ralph, our new boy. Once again we adopted one before they went to the Swamp. Ralph had a true zest for life. Sudden cardio cut our time with him to only 5.5 years.
Attached File  ralph_jump1.jpg   51.34KB   36 downloadsAttached File  ralph_pose2.JPG   84.28KB   41 downloadsAttached File  ralph_sled.jpg   40.67KB   37 downloadsent]Attached File  Ralph_tennis_ball.JPG   113.32KB   36 downloads

Once again we called Lisa. This time, however, she was no longer doing rescue. So we filled out the online application for adoption. After being approved, we made our first trip to the Swamp, on July 2, 2005. It was there that we met Dude (Capone). He was 5.5 years old and a real sweatheart. We are looking forward to many years with him.
Attached File  Dude1.jpg   193.43KB   22 downloads Attached File  Dude2.jpg   61.34KB   26 downloads

It's been over 12 years since our first contact with SCD. We're with our third rescue Dobie. Lori had talked to Arda on the phone a few times after the adoption of Rex, but our trip to the Swamp was the first time we'd ever met her. She does a great job, and SCD is a wonderful organization. People have always commented on how beautiful and well mannered our Dobies are. We proudly tell them that they're a rescue dog. Almost everyone asks "Why would a dog like that be in rescue?" We always tell them that they would be amazed by the Dobes in rescue.

On behalf of Rex, Ralph and Dude. Lori and I say thanks to Arda and all the volenteers at SCD.
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#2 Eric D

Eric D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:20 PM

On behalf of Rex, Ralph and Dude. Lori and I say thanks to Arda and all the volenteers at SCD.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great pictures, great story, and Rex is one lucky dog!

Thanks!

#3 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:06 PM

And let me tell you about the pastries she would bring me from Battle Creek. Lisa Presley from Sweetheart Lane in Battle Creek. I will never forget her. Nor those pastries from the Contenental Bakery in Battle Creek. I very gladly pick up the dogs from Kalamazoo and Battle Creek and make that pit stop at that Bakery. The finest in the state. So here's a cake to the Bump family of fine Dobes. No beer cuz cake is better.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#4 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:06 PM

Thank you for the great dogs and the memories!

Strawberry
Attached File  Strawberry.jpg   92.38KB   23 downloads

Brownie the first
Attached File  brownie_the_first.jpg   33.95KB   30 downloads

Brownie
Attached File  Brownie_and_Madison_ears.jpg   112.4KB   29 downloads
Attached File  madison_and_brownie.jpg   12.41KB   25 downloads

Lilly
Attached File  lilly___kitty.jpg   143.3KB   31 downloads
Attached File  hug.jpg   88.61KB   27 downloads

Beefcake
Attached File  Princesses.jpg   102.98KB   32 downloads
Attached File  mada_and_Bru.jpg   153.36KB   31 downloads

Edited by brownsmom, 07 November 2005 - 03:08 PM.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#5 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:15 PM

Just hang in there Heather. Lily has cancer and she certainly can't live more than a month or so. And we all know that Beef Cake and his desire to roam will end his day very soon. And I can select another old dog for you. I promise to take you to the bakery and feed you well. What would I do without you up there in no mans land to help get these kids in to safety. You are one of my special kids and constantly on my mind. A big hug to your kids .

#6 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:35 PM

Just hang in there Heather.  Lily has cancer and she certainly can't live more than a month or so. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I looked it up on the other board - it was a year ago in October that I took her. :D I think I was told two months. :) Maybe keeping the cats from killing us in our sleep has given her a reason to live. She is an amazing animal. Whatever the case, I would certainly recommend your vet for cancer surgery. :)

And the Beef - what can I say? Someone gave this dog up - after 8 years! - and then he was placed (up in Cheboygan) and that woman brought him back to the pound. Bless their hearts for their stupidity - without it I would have missed out on him.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#7 Thormannix

Thormannix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 05:13 PM

I think about how SCD has touched our lives...
Everytime Mannix chases Belle through the house.
Everytime Belle tries to bury me under the covers of my bed.
Everytime Belle jumps up on our bed with plans to stay all night. (Hasn't happened yet)
Everytime I look into her eyes I am thankful that I had the chance to love her. I don't know what her life was like before us but we plan to make up for it!!
Thank you so much for letting us adopt Belle!!
Stephanie

#8 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 05:19 PM

AWWWW. :(

These are great!!!! I love reading them ... I can just imagine how wonderful it has to make Arda feel.

What a great way to add a little" pick-me up" to the day! :) :)

Please everyone let's hear your stories... this is soo heartwarming, and just in time for the holidays :D

Cathy
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#9 Thormannix

Thormannix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:42 PM

I forgot to add this in my last post.
I think of SCD everytime I hear a story about some dog that is mistreated. It reminds me how wonderful it is to have someone like Arda who is willing to help them. It is so nice to know there are people who care about animals who need help. It is even better to know there are people who are willing to act on it!!!!!
Stephanie

#10 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 08:33 PM

I have a long, long story about SCD and our adoption....

After almost a year of deliberation and discussion, my husband and I decided that we were going to get a dog. I had fallen in love with his doberman Teej who he had lost to cardio when he was 20.

We contacted the dobe rescues in Ontario, but none would adopt outside the Greater Toronto Area. We watched shelters for several months, hoping something would come up. I finally stumbled on Petfinders and found Second Chance.

In March 2004 we applied for a dog named Clancey. We thought he would be perfect. We were SO excited when we were approved! We talked about names, about stuff we needed, about what he would be like. We couldn't get down the first weekend after we were approved, so we were going to go down the following weekend. Before we left, I checked the board to see if there were any others. To my dismay, Clancey had been adopted. I didn't know what to do. :D I didn't understand that there may have been other dogs. I thought all that were listed were all that were available. We didn't drive down. I was crushed. :(

We kept watching shelters and finally went to visit our local SPCA. There was a small black lab puppy in the far back part of the kennel. After hours of pleading and begging - Sean talked me into the little black monster that was eventually to become our Westley. :) He's a lovely dog now ... now being the key word. :) I don't miss having a puppy! :(

Over the winter, we started to talk about a second. I wanted a playmate for Wes and someone I could compete with in Obedience Trials. (Westley being mixed - we can't compete here.) I knew this time I wanted a dobe - so I applied in March for either Dozer, Uno or Leroy. I wasn't going to pick one - I didn't want to get my hopes up again. I was approved and talked to Allison. I was SO happy and I'm sure I drove her NUTS with the 1-2 e-mails a day with questions!

That cold day in March I met Uno who became Tux. He was the most beautiful dog I had ever seen. He's my movie star. :D He is the most sweet, cuddly dog I've ever met. He and his brother Westley are my constant companions. They're my listeners, my jogging partners, my fancy-shmancy show dogs, my search and rescue team, my shoulders to cry on, my playmates and my life. I couldn't imagine my life without either of them and I have SCD to thank for both. If it wasn't for the strange string of events I wouldn't have Wes and if it wasn't for Arda I wouldn't have Tux.

Thank you for letting these incredible dogs share my life and thank you for everything that you do.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#11 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:59 AM

Our story is alittle different, we met Arda many
years ago thru a great mutual friend- Maggie Hilliard..
I had been helping Maggie rescue Dobes for many years
& Maggie & Arda had been friends for even longer.
When Maggie passed away, we lost touch for awhile,
then got together again thru the mich dobe rescue group
which Christa Pfeiffer runs.
I remember when Arda was just getting the old green house
converted into the kennel, did a little fund raiser at her place,
held in the carosel barn, had crafts/bake goods/lots of dobe stuff
to sell. It was in oct & a beautiful fall day, we had put flyers out
to invite people to come & we had a pretty good turn out. :P
Made a couple hundred $$... Plus let the word out that there were
now 2 dobe rescues in mich.
One of the success storys we were involved in was just this last
winter- were out visiting & saw a pretty little 7 1/2 mon old girl
who had been turned in by owner, she was in heat arda said, so
she got her spayed ect. Heather worked with her a few minutes &
said this one would be a good performance dobe, so we took her
& let word out, well she is now with a friend of ours who has 1 of our
boys- Deacon who is a great agility dog. They get along great.. Her
name was "Lucy" but now she is "Lyric" & has her ILP reg name of
Second Chances Perfect Harmony & is in training for agility too. Laura
hopes to title her. But she in a great home, much loved, cared for as
well...
We arnt able to get out to SCD as often as we would like, but are always
putting out cards/flyers & signs & little fund raisers where we can to help
out.... :stuart:
Daisy

#12 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 02:56 PM

In March 2004 we applied for a dog named Clancey.  We thought he would be perfect.  We were SO excited when we were approved!  We talked about names, about stuff we needed, about what he would be like.  We couldn't get down the first weekend after we were approved, so we were going to go down the following weekend.  Before we left, I checked the board to see if there were any others.  To my dismay, Clancey had been adopted.  I didn't know what to do.  :P  I didn't understand that there may have been other dogs.  I thought all that were listed were all that were available.  We didn't drive down.  I was crushed.  :w00t:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I want to post a message here on how SCD has touched our lives, but it will have to wait a moment.

But I do, quickly, want to say something to Stef...rest assured, Clancey found a good home. He's my Gunner...my heart...my love...my doggy-soulmate...forever and ever. :D :stuart:
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#13 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:51 PM

I want to post a message here on how SCD has touched our lives, but it will have to wait a moment.

But I do, quickly, want to say something to Stef...rest assured, Clancey found a good home.  He's my Gunner...my heart...my love...my doggy-soulmate...forever and ever.  :D  :stuart:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Mandy! I'm SO glad! :w00t: :P
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#14 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:27 PM

I have to add to this.
After having Isabel for a year we got used to having more than one Dobe in the house. She was reunited with Matt just before Christmas so on December 31,2008 we went to SCD to adopt another Doberman. Darcy (formerly Naomi) made a connection with us. She is such a sweet and loving girl. She came to us skinny and bald. With the thyroid med. Arda started her on, and some time to fill out, she became a beautifull red Dobe.
Attached File  Darcy_resize.jpg   91.69KB   2 downloads

Then on March 1,2009 we adopted Liddy (formerly Diddles). She was as wild as a deer. She is living proof of how imporant it is to socialize a puppy. I had seen her a couple of times while working at the Swamp. Arda was house breaking her. Quite a feat when you're working with a dog you can't touch. After much thought, and talking to Arda, (and convincing Lori) we brought her home. She is still on the wild side, but is improving.
Attached File  Liddy_resize.jpg   93.82KB   0 downloads

So now we have a pack of three SCD dobes. Thank you Arda and SCD. The cast offs you saved have become the family members we treasure.
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#15 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:59 PM

Wow, what great stories, loved reading each one, very interesting.

I have had Dobes since the 1970's but Nixx is my first rescue, so my story is very short compared to the rest of you.
I had always seen the SCD flyers or booths at the Detroit dog show and probably chatted with some of you over the years and it wasn't until I lost my last boy, did I think to turn to rescue. My friend actually saw Nixx ( Nikki) on petfinder and told me to take a look. I said I was not ready for another dog at this time, she kept saying....just look and fill out the application.... so I did, well the rest is history... I have Nixx (wild child) and met Arda and many other wonderful people and will always turn to rescue when I am looking for another Dobe.
Thank you Arda and everyone else involved to keep SCD up and running.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#16 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:21 PM

What SCD has done for me is to be able to post Loving Memory for Hunter. To meet and
talk with wonderful people and to meet Arda and see the wonderful job she is doing,
her heart and sole is in this and that is what it takes. Even though I have not
gotten another Dobe I love them so much. It is good to know there are still good
people out there in this world and SCD staff and members prove that. These
dogs at SCD are so well taken care of and that is what counts.

This is just a little quote I found

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry
show life
a thousand reasons
TO SMILE"

Edited by Nancy Robinson, 21 January 2010 - 10:17 PM.

Nancy

"Until one has LOVED AN ANIMAL, part of
their SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"

"
Yesterday is "HISTORY", Today is a "GIFT" and Tomorrow is a "MYSTERY"

"Always always try to be the" BEST YOU CAN BE"

Do not walk in front of me - I may not follow.
Do not walk behind me - I may not lead.
But walk beside me - and be my friend.

May you always have Love to Share
Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

Forever locked in my Heart

"I CARRY YOUR HEARTS IN MY HEART"........FOREVER

My "WHITE ANGEL".....Sweet sweet Schaudeh
4/17/1999...............5/14/2013
My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009
My "Miks Von Rom Mateese"
7/6/1990..........4/4/1999

"I LOVED you yesterday, I LOVE you today, and I will LOVE you tomorrow'"
for you have never really left me

#17 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:27 PM

I love that quote.

#18 dayzimae

dayzimae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:02 AM

When I lost my first dobe, Dayzi. I knew I couldn't raise another puppy, and I knew I wanted another dobe, so I began looking on line for a rescue agency. I filled out an application for a place in Cinci, the closest Ohio agency I could find. They insisted on a site visit and were unhappy about the 130 mile drive it would involve for one of their volunteers -- and my lack of a fenced in area. After a great deal of back and forth discussion, I was told, "Why don't you check out this place in Clinton, Michigan. I think it's closer to you, anyway."

Well, SCD is closer by an hour, but the application is no less daunting -- listing every dog you have ever owned and their fate can be a chore if you have lived for any length of time. I have often joked that it would be easier to adopt a child from Russia, but I understand the concern to make sure the dogs have a good home if they have been rescued. But after the application, Arda et al took me at my word and didn't insist on coming and seeing my place -- something that makes the adoption process a lot easier! And the trust is nice.

Anyway, Brandy was such an ideal dog, and a balm for my broken heart, plus so well trained! If I hadn't been sold on the idea of getting an adult dog before, I was then. And she turned into such a good critter killer -- no possum lived on her turf! Sophia is being a little bit more of a challenge, just from the standpoint that I don't think she has been off leash enough to stay around "her person" -- everything is too new and enticing, and off she goes. But there is time. She has yet to meet her first possum . . . . :D

It is beyond me why anyone would throw these dogs away, but I am glad that someone is willing to collect them and hold them so that we who want them can then collect them. I hope this work goes on forever. :pinch:

Since I now also have entered the world of pit bulls, a breed that is even more misunderstood than dobes (if you don't think so, just explore your gut reaction to the mention of the name), I appreciate the work of rescue agencies even more -- if you have a lazy day to surf the internet and look at these sites, you will see other loving people and other wonderful stories of beautiful dogs found and life companions made. I know that soon my daughter will come a claim her dog so I'll me looking for another dog -- I'll be hard put to decide whether it will be a dobe or a pit bull. There are so many of them that need good homes. :thumbsup:

Edited by dayzimae, 22 January 2010 - 05:03 AM.

Rene (short for Marion Irene)

Love me, love my dog(s) (cats and goats)

If possible, live peaceably with all creatures

#19 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:02 AM

I have to add a note here. Darcy must have been a great Mom to the puppies she was forced to produce before she came to SCD. She is such a good caretaker. My sewing room is in the basement. Whenever I go down there, I put Liddy in her crate. But Dude and Darcy are left free in the house. I leave the basement door open so they can come down and join me if they'd like. After I've been down there for a while, I will hear Liddy moving around in her crate. If she doesn't settle down after a bit, I usually go up to let her outside. If I don't go up there in a timely enough manner, Darcy will come down to the sewing room and give me a look that conveys: "Um, excuse me Mom, I hate to interrupt you, but could you go upstairs and let Liddy outside? I think she needs to go to the bathroom. I would do it for you, but I am not able to open the door." She is just the sweetest girl. :D Thank You Arda and the volunteers at SCD for rescuing her. :thumbsup:
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Darlin' Darcy - CGC
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC
SCD's Liddle Diddles - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
SCD's One Cool Dude (7/05-4/10)
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)
Sheeba (BYB) (11/82-4/93)

#20 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:18 AM

You girls have to know how exhausted I am at this time. And ready to throw in the towel. You can't imagine what does on behind the scenes. Monday we had to put Gidget down. She was in enough pain from her spine fussing and the wobblers. Then came Wednesday and Jonah was in full blown Cardio. Coughing blood from his lungs. It took all Jill and I could do to get him into the van. Over 100 lbs. I didn't think he would make it to Dr Karen's. He is gone. The pups decided yesterday to eat the dry wall off the walls of the exercise room. What a mess and I really don't know how to repair it. When I get the van going I will make a trip to Lowe's or one of those places and do my research. Then I started turning Jacob, Caprain, and Oscar loose with Jenney, Big Oscar, Jade, Sheba, and Pachino. Cleaned up their messes, filled their water pails, mixed their food, and then opened the door for them to come in. Close a few of them in their crates and here comes Sheba on a mission. Barking at me and running back out, so I follow her. Low and behold, Jacob is in the pond and can't get out. darn. So out comes the extension ladder and throw it out on the ice and here comes the mother. Once he got onto the ladder he went up it like he was a fire fighter. Soaked to the hide. I love mornings like this. Gets your heart rate up. That water is COLD! Let's see what else they can co today to keep me on my toes. Van has not been started since God only knows when. Oh did I mention, the washer died this morning with a full load of dog blankets in it and filled with water. Back to the old dunk method. Have a great day and thanks for the good memories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users