166 replies to this topic

#21 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

We have no limit on picture space, the more the better. We LOVE pictures. They look great! I cannot express how happy we are that they are together in a loving home! :icon12: Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#22 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

If you only knew how big my smile is right now, seeing how loved those 2 girls are! :icon12: THANK YOU soooo much for giving them such a loving home. :icon12:
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Darlin' Darcy - CGC
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC
SCD's Liddle Diddles - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
SCD's One Cool Dude (7/05-4/10)
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)
Sheeba (BYB) (11/82-4/93)

#23 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

Great update on the girls, they look like they are really enjoying life. We love picture's, so keep them coming.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#24 Lori

Lori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

It's the 8th day these girls have been home and I just cannot stress to you how much they have given me already....!!! The privacy fence was completed 4 days ago and it's just wonderful to see the girls RUN....! Clover/Nova gallops back and forth like she's getting ready for a marathon. Daisy/Ghost doesn't run as much, but the way she plays you would never think she is a senior. I had most of my grandkids here over the weekend and was a little worried about the girls being overwhelmed with them, but they were calm, relaxed , and their body language said they were very comfortable with the chaos. Ghost chose to sleep with the kids while they were here, and Nova is a velcro girl...always right with me even trying to get into the bathroom...lolol They go to bed when I do and Nova sneaks into my bed with me once I'm asleep. They both ignore the crate...if they want to get away, they go into my bedroom and lay down. I may just put the crate away since I haven't used it at all. There haven't been any problems other than normal stuff, they got into the garbage and had it all over the house while I was gone. The garbage stays in the back hall now where they can't get to it. Nova counter surfs...and checks out any dirty dishes she can find. I found the wrapper to a loaf of bread on the floor in the kitchen, she ate the entire loaf ! Now my kitchen counter stays food free, and the dishes washed right away. Nova is very vocal and kind of pushy, like any other Red Dobe.
Redheads....{shaking my head}.
I have some more pics, and pay no attention to the messy back yard...I'm still cleaning up after the fence and a tree that fell during a storm last month. It was a hot mess ! The spot that Ghost had on her side is getting smaller..I check it often and it's dry most of the time.
Attached File  006.JPG   1.57MB   1 downloads Attached File  010.JPG   1.69MB   0 downloads
Attached File  014.JPG   1.92MB   1 downloadsAttached File  018.JPG   1.77MB   0 downloads

#25 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:29 AM

:hug: Nice pictures and a nice update. So glad for them and you, the
fence is great. Nova just wants to keep you on your toes.....LOL
:wub: :icon12: to you all.

Nancy

"Until one has LOVED AN ANIMAL, part of
their SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"

"
Yesterday is "HISTORY", Today is a "GIFT" and Tomorrow is a "MYSTERY"

"Always always try to be the" BEST YOU CAN BE"

Do not walk in front of me - I may not follow.
Do not walk behind me - I may not lead.
But walk beside me - and be my friend.

May you always have Love to Share
Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

Forever locked in my Heart

"I CARRY YOUR HEARTS IN MY HEART"........FOREVER

My "WHITE ANGEL".....Sweet sweet Schaudeh
4/17/1999...............5/14/2013
My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009
My "Miks Von Rom Mateese"
7/6/1990..........4/4/1999

"I LOVED you yesterday, I LOVE you today, and I will LOVE you tomorrow'"
for you have never really left me

#26 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:27 AM

Thank you for the update on Nova and Ghost. What a charmed life they are now leading. :wub:

I can relate to the counter surfing red girl. Our Darcy does the same...and she is a red girl as well. She has taught me to keep the kitchen counters clean. :icon12: I have also found out that the microwave doubles as a bread-box. :hug:
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)

#27 Lori

Lori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

Well DUH....silly me...I HAVE a breadbox.....lolololololol I was putting the bread in the microwave like you posted, and my son asked me why didn't I just put it in the breadbox on the counter. It was truly a blonde moment for me. I walk past that thing a hundred times a day, wipe it off, and put stuff on TOP of it. JEEZ...!!!!
The girls are doing really well. They have started playing in the yard with the doggy toys we have for them. At first they didn't seem interested in them, but now love to chase the squeaky ones and shred tennis balls.
Clover/Nova likes to dig holes and sprays the dirt really hard behind her, and Daisy/Ghost stands right behind her getting filthy dirty trying to bite the dirt flying her way. It is comical and so goofy. I am going to record it the next time they do it. When we are all in the yard if I get up to go into the house{to sneak in and get the camera} the girls stop what they are doing and run to come in with me. So now I've been bringing the camera outside with me all the time.
I was wondering too about baths. Is once a week too much for Ghost being an Albino? I use baby shampoo, and I use a spray on conditioner on their coats every other day. {it's for their skin too} Nova has to be pushed into the tub, and Ghost gets in like she is a princess about to be groomed for her ball.
These girls love all the attention they get, and seem to be really happy in the house. They prefer to be outside only when one of us outside too. I don't let Ghost get into the sun much....most of her outside time is early in the morning before the sun is full on in the back, and early evening. The girls still need to be close together, but will sleep in different rooms now. They are a tag team when they alert on ANYTHING. Like the squirrel that dared to walk in their front yard, or the visitor next door who laughed too loud. They will eventually get used to all the regular noises here, and it is a joy to watch them settle in and learn about their new forever home and it's environs.
I am so happy and content now... there are no words to adequately express it. I DO know that from now on I will be a 2 Dobe household. I had no idea how much fun it would be...!
{{{hugs}}}

#28 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:47 AM

:hug: What a great update Lori,,,,,,,,so happy for all of you.............

those girls are just too cute and they know they are Loved. :icon12: :wub: :wub:

Nancy

"

Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009

#29 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

Great update on the girls, they certainly are enjoying life and bringing many smiles to yours.
Diana and Nixx

#30 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

Ah yes after all, what is one more? You are not the first to realize the joy of multiples. Just be careful, next thing you know you'll be thinking, three wouldn't be so hard.... :hug: I love the story about Nova tossing the dirt and Ghost biting at it, too cute. I'm loving all these updates on the girls. Thank you. :wub:

SCD's Stone Soup

#31 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:35 PM

Thank you for the update on Nova and Ghost. :hug: Those are 2 lucky girls, living very happy lives. :icon12: :wub:

As far as your question about the baths.....I think once a week bathing is too often. I'd be afraid it would strip them of the natural oils they need for healthy coat and skin. :wub: Are they really getting that dirty? Would a light brushing, and wipe down with a damp towel suffice?
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)

#32 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:02 PM

This makes my year. I just know they need each other. They were always together here. Thank you so much.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#33 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

What a great update. I suppose it would be hard to keep a white dog clean....but I do think a weekly bath might be too much. Sometimes I take a baby wipe and wipe mine down between baths. It shines them up really nice and leaves them smelling fresh as a baby's bum....a clean one that is :wub:
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#34 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

Lori -

Ghost and Nova look like they've been with you forever. This was a wonderful update. Thank you again for taking these girls as a package. Like we all say, 'One Dobe is not enough!!" The pictures speak volumes. I am so happy for all of you.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#35 Lori

Lori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:25 AM

Thanks guys...I thought once a week baths would be overdoing it, and the damp towel or baby wipes is a great idea. Ghost IS hard to keep clean...it so funny because I never gave a thought to dusty coats until I brought her home...lolol we have a small mound of dirt from excavating for a new sidewalk and that's where the dirt digging started. I was happy to see the dirt spread all over the yard {so I didn't have to shovel and spread it around lolol } The girls are doing the work for me bless their hearts, and having fun at the same time.
I used a damp towel on Ghost last night and it was perfect. She likes being groomed and they both love being brushed.
You are so right..."What's one more ? " :hug:
Ghost gives Dobe hugs all the time. She is such a loving affectionate girl. Nova has attached herself to me with an invisible string. As much as I go on about the Red Dobe's and the attitude they have , still I love every minute of it....! :wub:

#36 Lori

Lori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:01 PM

I have more pics...and these girls are lovely ! Nova likes to sleep with me, and does EVERY night...Ghost has staked out the couch in the living room as her spot for the night. {and she has her own blanket too} I was a little worried at first that the girls might show a little aggression being on the furniture, but when us humans are hanging out in there, they quickly get down and snooze on the rug. We had a scare the other day when someone left the front door open a crack. Both girls went out into the hallway and sat down, waited for my son to come back on the porch, and then went back in the house quietly. My son said when he saw the dogs in the hall his heart gave a lurch and he started to panic thinking they were going to make a run for it into the unfenced front yard. But they were very sedate and made it clear they were just waiting for him to come back in.
When he told me it scared the living crap out of me and I had to restrain myself from giving him bad word filled tongue lashing. I like to think they like love us too much to ever want to leave, and they get enough exercise so they don't get bored. Ghost is very happy with walks, but Nova needs time to run ...if she gets bored she likes to dig holes ...lolololol
Attached File  022.JPG   1.83MB   0 downloads
Attached File  025.JPG   1.81MB   1 downloads
Attached File  032.JPG   1.98MB   0 downloads
Attached File  039.JPG   1.91MB   2 downloads

#37 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

Great photo's and update, the girls sure look like they are enjoying life. Good story on the open door and them not darting out, good girls.
Diana and Nixx

#38 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:19 PM

:hug: :wub: WONDERFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Nancy

"

Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009

#39 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

Great pictures!

Good girls not to run out the front. :hug: I once opened the front door and let the kids out only to realize the side gate had been left open by the meter man. I ran for the porch calling them and the kids followed me up. I was freaking out, but they didn't even look at the open gate. :wub:

SCD's Stone Soup

#40 Lori

Lori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

Good grief!!!! I know how you felt...it's like a millisecond of pure adrenalin and panic mixed together....lololol
I took a good look at the front door and realized that "closed" isn't always shut. The latch isn't catching like it should. That is on my list for today. Even if it opens the outside door is always closed and they can get in the hall , but not outside in the front.
In the meantime the door stays locked at all times. The outside door was open the first time because my son was on the front steps talking to a neighbor. {they have an african grey parrot that had gotten out of the house and he saw her flying by} The bird is still gone, and my poor neighbor is beside herself. Her idiot 25 year old son {who is a drug addled bum} left the door open and she flew away. They had the bird about 15 years. I feel so bad for her....I think it's much worse to lose a family pet in that manner. My girls do not like that guy...and there are a few people in my neighborhood they just hate. I take my cue from them....they can sense bad people way better than we can....another reason I love Doberman's.
I can't get enough of the joy in having 2 of these guys....the galloping around the house and yard...the barking chorus that is my doorbell....it's awesome !
{{{hugs to SCD }}}

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users