138 replies to this topic

#41 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:20 PM

I've been gone for two days and the whole world changes. This is such wonderful news. I am so happy for you and it sounds like everything is going great. How old is Shaylee she is one good looking girl. I'm just so happy for you and Larry. and Tiki will come around it will just take time.
Love you all and I've missed you all.
Ella & Princess
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#42 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:25 PM

"Oxy Solution" has peroxide in it so you can just spray the walls and the floor and all the boogers foam up making them easier to see and wipe up!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heather you are to funny! hahaha!

I need to get some of this. :rolleyes:

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#43 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:27 PM

I've been gone for two days and the whole world changes. This is such wonderful news.  I am so happy for you and it sounds like everything is going great. How old is Shaylee she is one good looking girl.  I'm just so happy for you and Larry. and Tiki will come around it will just take time.
Love you all and I've missed you all.
Ella & Princess

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shaylee is six years old. The same age as Tiki so they should compliment each others energy level perfectly. :rolleyes:

Thanks Ella. I'm so happy over here. She is just so PERFECT! You are going to love her. Can't wait until you meet her.

love you back,
Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#44 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:10 PM

Jane -

Geez. I'm up to my eyeballs with transcript, with my head in the OTHER computer. I go online tonight and, lo and behold, who is staring at me in a new "forever home" picture??? YOU!!
OMG. This is so wonderful. Tiki and Shaylee look like a great match. Good for you, Jane & Larry. What a sweet looking girl. And, from your description, she appears to be pretty docile, and letting Tiki be the "Mistress of the Household" - at least for now :rolleyes: To say "congratulations" seems so hollow. I know Tango must be pleased that another dobe has a second chance with her Mom and Dad. This is awesome news.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#45 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:37 PM

who is staring at me in a new "forever home" picture??? YOU!!

This made me LOL!! :P

Yes things change quickly don't they? Gotta keep a scorecard around here.

Boy that Tiki is a pain. Shaylee decided to walk up to her and lick her ears and two licks into it Tiki made a sound like a hound from heck. We haven't heard that sound since Tango was here. It scared Shaylee and she ran to her crate. :rolleyes: Tiki is really upset that Shaylee went on the walk today. Two's company and three is a crowd. She's had me pretty much all to herself on her walks since December when Tango had her first seizure. I swear her nose is so far out of joint she's breathing out the back of her head.

Here's a picture of it.

Posted Image

Not pretty is it. ack!

I'm going to give it a respectable amount of time. We have company coming over tomorrow with the girl's favorite boyfriend and we'll see if that changes the dynamics any. The dog who will be visiting is dog aggressive but has always loved all my female dobes so we'll see how it goes. If I send up a flare, send the Marines. :P

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#46 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:37 AM

This made me LOL!!  :blink:

Yes things change quickly don't they?  Gotta keep a scorecard around here.

Boy that Tiki is a pain.  Shaylee decided to walk up to her and lick her ears and two licks into it Tiki made a sound like a hound from heck.  We haven't heard that sound since Tango was here.  It scared Shaylee and she ran to her crate. :P  Tiki is really upset that Shaylee went on the walk today.  Two's company and three is a crowd.  She's had me pretty much all to herself on her walks since December when Tango had her first seizure.  I swear her nose is so far out of joint she's breathing out the back of her head.

Jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that made me laugh out loud. ;) :lol
Why do they do that? "try to clean each others ears? :flower: "
Doodgee is constantly doing that to Suzz, but she never does it to him or any other?

Please, let us know how the visit with the boyfriend goes :P
I just love reading about the furkids. :rolleyes:

Cath
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#47 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:01 PM

Shaylee did wonderfully yesterday and now has a new boyfriend. Tiki, on the other hand, kept trying to break up his attraction to her by barking at them. :P My my my! It was a grand visit. They couldn't believe her laid back nature. :flower:

Here are some pictures of our ride to the park and Larry with them at the park.

Mom, she's sitting on the seat!! :P

Attached File  Tiki_Shaylee_park_004.jpg   61.13KB   42 downloads

See, if I curl up in a little ball you don't even know I'm here! :rolleyes:

Attached File  Tiki_Shaylee_park_006.jpg   63.87KB   32 downloads

Proud Papa.

Attached File  Tiki_Shaylee_park_001.jpg   75.93KB   44 downloads

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#48 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:41 PM

Jane
those pictures are just too cute. Larry does look proud. They both are just such good looking furbabys. They are so pretty.
Ella & Princess
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#49 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:31 PM

Jane, Larry, Tiki and Shaylee...
I am SO happy to read all about this!!! :rolleyes: It sounds like a perfect match, and what a way to honour Tango, with bringing Shaylee into a home where the love will never stop flowing, and the forever is always there....
This forever story really made my week, I'm so happy for ALL of you!!!
Missing all of you, too! :P
Hoping to get out to the Swamp soon, but enjoying reading up on everyone!!!

Shaylee, you take GOOD care of Jane and Larry with Tiki....they deserve so much love!!! And you, sweet girl, deserve to be with them...

#50 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:40 AM

It's good to see your little face out here Jenny May! I hope all has been well with you. Miss you!!!

Jane and the Gang

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#51 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:36 PM

Well they played for a little bit two times today. I brought them to the park and walked for 75 minutes up and down all the hills. Wore them out pretty much. So when I got home I was making the bed and I heard the sound of two dogs play fighting. :rolleyes: Later I started playing with Tiki and Shaylee joined in and then the two of them were showing their teeth to each other and making growly sounds and yiping. Tiki even went flying through the house like she was playing.

Here is a pic of them. Tiki wants the dog bed so she lays down beside it and sings to Shaylee to make her move. It used to work on Tango, but Shaylee isn't moved by any sound coming out of that floppy eared thang. So Tiki gave up and fell asleep on the floor. :P

Attached File  Tiki_Shaylee_sleeping_after_walk.jpg   43.85KB   34 downloads

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#52 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:03 PM

Well they played for a little bit two times today.  I brought them to the park and walked for 75 minutes up and down all the hills.  Wore them out pretty much.  So when I got home I was making the bed and I heard the sound of two dogs play fighting.  :rolleyes:  Later I started playing with Tiki and Shaylee joined in and then the two of them were showing their teeth to each other and making growly sounds and yiping.  Tiki even went flying through the house like she was playing.

Here is a pic of them.  Tiki wants the dog bed so she lays down beside it and sings to Shaylee to make her move.  It used to work on Tango, but Shaylee isn't moved by any sound coming out of that floppy eared thang.  So Tiki gave up and fell asleep on the floor. :P

Attached File  Tiki_Shaylee_sleeping_after_walk.jpg   43.85KB   34 downloads

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is so cute! Poor Tiki - it must be terrible to have your singing ignored....

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#53 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:02 PM

Later I started playing with Tiki and Shaylee joined in and then the two of them were showing their teeth to each other and making growly sounds and yiping. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did it look anything like this? :rolleyes:

Attached File  Play_growl.jpg   26.23KB   38 downloads

Edited by CAB, 06 March 2006 - 06:03 PM.

The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#54 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:15 PM

WOW!! Wouldn't want to meet that in a dark alley!!!
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#55 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:27 PM

WOW!! Wouldn't want to meet that in a dark alley!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to worry, she's all talk.

Edited by CAB, 06 March 2006 - 06:28 PM.

The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#56 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:28 PM

Did it look anything like this?  :P

Attached File  Play_growl.jpg   26.23KB   38 downloads

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Yeah, Tiki looked EXACTLY like that! Shaylee just had her mouth open like a hippo would ... just leisurely open and making cute little noises, but Tiki looked just like Cocoa there. What a stitch! :rolleyes:

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#57 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:44 PM

Shaylee just had her mouth open like a hippo would ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean like this?

Attached File  Hippo.jpg   26.44KB   29 downloads

-Arda Barber

#58 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:59 PM

You mean like this?

Attached File  Hippo.jpg   26.44KB   29 downloads

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You keep making me laugh! :P

Yeah, like that! I can't believe you have a pic for every occasion. This is way too funny!!

Well, they actually played this morning. Tiki kept running a circle through the house and Shaylee would try to catch her as she went by, then Shaylee decided she would try to chase her through the house but couldn't keep up. So then ended up playing. It only lasted a couple of minutes but it was really enjoyable to see them give each other the business!

We went for our 75 minute walk and it took 100 minutes because Shaylee thinks that leading the pack is her job. Gadzooks she wants her nose ahead of me. She was much better today than she has been the last several days and is keeping the leash slack, but she still wants to be in the command center position outside. :rolleyes:

I am hoping that the antibiotic will take care of her skin condition. It is so bumpy with pustules. We'll see. No improvement yet but it's only been a few days. She's feeling better and not sneezing and wheezing anymore.

Well, better go get something done.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#59 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:30 PM

Hey Jane, is Shaylee a blue dobe? Are the bumps on her skin a staph infection and is she on Keflex? There's a site for blue dobes that has a lot of good info on blue and fawn dobes and their coats. Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#60 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:56 PM

Hey Jane,  is Shaylee a blue dobe?  Are the bumps on her skin a staph infection and is she on Keflex?  There's a site for blue dobes that has a lot of good info on blue and fawn dobes and their coats.  Mary

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, Mary, she is a blue dobe. They didn't analyze the bumps by scraping. They wanted to treat her sinus infection first so she is on Cephalexin. We go back on Saturday to recheck her lymphnodes and see if the antibiotic was able to clear up any of the skin lesions too. I think it's the acne that comes with the blues if they have CDA (color dilution alopecia). I didn't hear about the Keflex, but I'll remember that when I go Saturday. What's the url for the blue dobe site? Thanks for the info! :rolleyes:

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users