96 replies to this topic

#1 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:18 PM

The Kesler family from Ohio made the trip north to find the Dobe for them. Hillary just knew this was her time to be adopted, so she pulled out all the stops to prove what a great girl she is.
Congrads, and please keep us updated on how she is doing.

Attached File  Picture_003.jpg   96.02KB   2 downloads

#2 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:21 PM

Congratulation to Hillary on your new forever home.
Pictures and stories please.
Ella & Princess
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#3 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:53 PM

This is such GREAT news!

I am soo happy for you Hillary, Congrat's to you and be sure to tell your new family to send in the bragging pictures and updates. :thumbsup:
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#4 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:27 PM

Way to go Hillary! You are such a beautiful girl! Make your new family proud.
If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." -- Mark Twain

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. -Roger Caras

#5 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

This is great news! Please keep us updated on sweet Hillary!

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#6 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:47 PM

Hello to all! I was excited to get on here and check out this site. Hillary is now called "Tessa." She really responds to it!
So far we are taking things very slowly with the other animals.
She is sooooooo darned sweet and we love her to pieces already. My husband could not make the trip with me and my daughter and when we pulled in with her he just instantly smiled and warmed right up to her. Of course he is disgusted by some of the scars the little girl has, but he has high hopes of proper nutrition and lots of love that she will heal nicely. I am so amazed at how she was raised that she has such a great personality. I am glad she only bears those physical scars and not mental scars. It amazes me how they can just love you instantly. I know she knew when we came home she was here forever. We really had a good 2 days with her so far. I am sure I will have many questions so I will be checking this forum often! Thanks to all who cared enough to post.
Melissa Kesler

#7 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:53 PM

I know she knew when we came home she was here forever. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:)
Congratulations to Tessa and her new family. :thumbsup:

Cheryl, Cocoa & Val
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#8 Derek'smom

Derek'smom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

Yes, congratulations to Tessa and your family. She is a beauty!! They do seem to have a sixth sense that tells them they have found kind and loving people. May you have a long and happy life together.

Diane

#9 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 04:57 AM

the wonderful thing about these rescues is that they are forgiving of their past. It sounds like things are going great :thumbsup: Keep us updated. We love pictures by the way!
If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." -- Mark Twain

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. -Roger Caras

#10 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:41 AM

Post often! It is great to be able to see them blossom in their new homes! Also, where else can you find this many people who love to hear you brag about your dog! haha! I think I was at SCD one day soon after Hillary (a thin, pachy haired little waif) came in, and I haven't been able to figure out why no one snached that doll up ages ago. It must be that she was waiting for you!

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#11 dobes4ever

dobes4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:21 AM

Congratulation to Tessa "Hillary" on your new forever home! :thumbsup:
Mike & Peg
Gretta
& Kloee the cat!
!

RV Innovations, LLC
RV Decks & Supplies
On-Line Store Coming Soon

#12 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:25 AM

Oh that is just so sweet. I'm so happy for Tessa and your whole family. Keep us posted.
For the love of K.A.T.
Kenny, Akina (R.I.P.) & Tanner

#13 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:33 AM

Hello again! Today is day 3 with our darling Tessa. (Hillary). She has never whined at night, but of course the first night through here alone I slept on the couch and she slept in her crate. She seems to be doing great, and I am happy to say she seems like she has always lived here. I am still monitoring other animals with her, as I have a 14 year old dachshund and a 3 year old sheltie and 2 :thumbsup: The cats haven't met her yet. I have a pretty big house and It is possible for that to happen. But it will :-)
My father in law came over yesterday and was highly impressed with her attitude. He had dobermans his whole life. He didn't know we had gotten her. It was a surprise to all of us, this happened so quickly!
Thanks again for the posts. I will be checking things out for a long time.
Kzoo

#14 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:46 AM

Congratulations and thanks for the updates! :thumbsup: So happy to see Hillary find her forever home especially when it has so many other furkids! Nothing like a pack to make a dog feel at home! Please post lots of pictures so that we can ooooo and ahhhhhh. We love that!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#15 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 12:27 PM

Yeah, what Jane and everyone else said...CONGRATULATIONS!! :thumbsup:
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#16 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:01 PM

Welcome to the board. I forgot to say that when I congratulated you before. You will love it here. everyone is so friendly and there is so much information. what ever the problem, there is a answer.. :thumbsup:
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#17 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:17 PM

Attached File  Tessa_and_Mara.jpg   538.71KB   2 downloadsThis is Tessa with Mara our oldest daughter. Doesn't she look happy? I mean the dog.......
kzoo

#18 scott

scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:09 PM

That's so great to hear how well she's fitting right in, Looking forward to many future updates.

Scott
"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's." - Mark Twain, Letter to W D Howells, 4/2/1899

#19 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:31 PM

Great picture! Tessa looks like she's been there forever :thumbsup: So happy to hear she's doing well. Nothing like a "forever" home . . . they seem to know. It's often said they pick you, not the other way around . . and it's so true.

Keep us updated. We love the pictures! Congratulations to you, your family and Tessa.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#20 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:55 AM

You could tell that Tessa/Hillary knew she was going home... He new mom went to the car to move the back seat and Tessa LOOKED as if to say, "Hey wait I'm supposed to go too!!!"

She kne the minute they took the leash!!! They are soooo darn smart!!!

Congrats to everyone!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users