157 replies to this topic

#41 Deanna

Deanna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:27 AM

Mary and Titan-

You certainly are in my prayers. I've been following Titan since he was first listed for adoption and thought what a beautiful creature he is. I was THRILLED last night when I returned from vacation and read that he had found his new moma and family! Please keep us updated regardless of the news... The pictures were great and made me chuckle out loud! :thumbsup:

Deanna and Nikki

Edited by Deanna, 12 July 2005 - 08:28 AM.

#42 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:58 AM

Mary - I love the pic of Titan grinning from ear to ear! It's nice to hear that things are working out well with Mollie the pup. I was confident that it would only be a matter of time.
Please keep the updates and pics coming.

You and Titan will be in my thoughts and prayers. I can only imagine that it must be hard for you to not think the worse case scenario considering everything that you have been through, but try to keep positive that Titan will be okay. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#43 Judy Gould

Judy Gould

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 03:46 PM

has anyone heard how Titan is?
A HOUSE IS NOT A HOME WITH OUT A DOBERMAN IN IT
JUDY & ALAN
NEYAA, MIIKA, and LENNY

Grieve not,
nor speak of me with tears,
but laugh and talk of me
as if I were beside you.....
I loved you so --
'twas Heaven here with you."
ABBEY, CHIQUA, AND COMMANCHE

YOU ARE ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS

#44 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 05:32 PM

I think he goes next Tuesday to the vet.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#45 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:15 PM

Titan goes back in for his biopsy Tuesday. But since then, since the vet didn't recommend what to do for this area I haven't walked him, which is one of Titan's favorite things to do, and I washed the area and put some neosporin on it and wrapped it with vetrap. Ella, don't read this next line. Titan never touches the wrap. He first wouldn't walk on that leg, then he limped and then he ignored it. I changed the dressing yesterday, and the drainage has stopped and a lot of the swelling is gone.
This dog is an angel. He is so well mannered, so loving, so patient with everything. How he ever ended it up without a forever home I will never understand. I keep waiting for a bad habit to show up...besides his godawful smelling farts. I didn't think any dobe could beat Adonis for stinky farts, but Titan by far is worse-brings tears to your eyes and nose.
I will update all of you on Tuesday, and thank-you for all your kind words. Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#46 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:22 PM

Mary
You all are in my thoughts and prayers. and I'm so happy that Titan leaves the wrap alone. I'll pray that the biopsy comes back okay.

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#47 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:38 PM

I changed the dressing yesterday, and the drainage has stopped and a lot of the swelling is gone. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well this is good to hear. Thanks for the update Mary. You and your :thumbsup: will be in my thoughts and prayers.

-Arda Barber

#48 Deanna

Deanna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:07 PM

[Hi Deanna, Your post brought a flood of tears both happy (for you and Nikki) and sad (for me). My heart has been broken twice this year-in Jan when my beloved Adonis passed away and again in May when I again lost a pet that I thought was going to replace the love I shared with Adonis. I hope that someday I can be that special person to a dobie baby, and have the hole in my heart filled again with love. Mary ]

Hi Mary!!
I just made the connection tonight that you were the one that sent this note to me! And NOW, you are Titan's moma!!!!! I am soooo happy for you!! Like I said in an earlier note, I have been following Titan since I saw him listed for adoption and thought how wonderful he was when I had a chance to meet him. It sounds like that hole in your heart was filled to over-flowing with Titan!

Deanna

#49 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 08:39 AM

I keep waiting for a bad habit to show up...besides his godawful smelling farts. I didn't think any dobe could beat Adonis for stinky farts, but Titan by far is worse-brings tears to your eyes and nose.

This brought tears to my eyes..........Tears of laughter......That is so darn funny.
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that has this problem with their dogs. LOL And it's not just a dobe thing....HAHAHAHA My Beagle Snoopy can compete with the best of them.

Mary your Titan is in my thoughts. That gentle giant is going to be just fine!

Michelle & Rusty

#50 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 10:42 AM

Titan had his biopsy done yesterday. He did very well I was told. He was so drowsy when I picked him up from the sedation. He has sutures which so far he is leaving alone. Now we just sit and wait. I was told it would take 7-10 days. Ella, did it take that long for Princess biopsy results to come in? I'm such a whimp, it just broke my heart to leave him there for those hours. I had tears in my eyes. Today he is much more alert and doing well. It's just going to be torture to wait. mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#51 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 10:52 AM

Ah, Miss Mary
I'm sure everything will be fine, and that you have nothing to worry about. Was it not Titan who had stepped on something at SCD when he first got there, and had a bleeding paw? I could have sworn it was him, and Kev had to take him to the vet for it. Maybe it was another fawn, maybe I'm thinking of Dozer. I can't remember.
You're both in my prayers, and RELAX until you get the results! Enjoy quality time with you boy until they come in, I'm sure it'll be nothing when the results get in!
~Jen~

#52 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 01:36 PM

Mary I just went back on my posts and Princess had her surgary on May 19 and I got the results back on May 26. so it took 7 days to come back. It didn't seem like it took that long that's why I went back and checked. I can't believe it was in May that she had it and we are still going around with the leg. Oh well it's looking a lot better still not healed but better. Your both in my prayers and everything will be okay. you just have to believe that. God will take care of your baby.

Ella

-Josh Billings

#53 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:56 PM

Got the biopsy report back on Titan. The good news is it isn't cancer of any kind. Thank you God and everyone that prayed for this guy. The not so good news is that it IS a severe bacterial infection of the soft tissue of his toe. We are starting him on 1000 mg of cephalexin twice daily and pyoben, a medicated shampoo for that foot. He will be on this for at least three weeks. If at the end of three weeks it's healed he is done, if it is healing we will continue on the antibiotics longer, if there is no improvement Dr Lagos is talking amputating the toe. I think that sounds drastic for what the wound looks like, but she is the vet. I did sign up for the Pet Shelter Insurance, but I don't know if they will cover this because they may claim that it was pre-existing, even though I didn't see it and Titan never limped until after I had him on the insurance. I will make a claim anyway and see. Otherwise Titan is doing fabulously. It never ceases to amaze me how loving Dobes are even if they've been through he!!Attached File  Picture_091.jpg   1.28MB   71 downloads He's not worried why should I be, right?

Stanley Coren

#54 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:02 PM

Attached File  Picture_091.jpg   1.28MB   71 downloads 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow Titan sure is a handsome guy (who looks very comfortable on that couch :D :D ). Thanks for the update, Titan will still be in our thoughts and prayers, good luck with his toe!

Larry

#55 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:09 PM

Mary, I am finally catching up on Second chance news--didn't realize all this was happening with Titan--as if you havn't been through enough!! I am so glad the biopsy results came back OK. I hope the antibiotics do their stuff--remember the yogurt for Titan to prevent diarrhea from the antibiotics. He's a great guy, I am so glad he is in a home gettting the love that he deserves!!

#56 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:22 AM

Mary,
A little word of advice about the Insuance. Make sure all your dates are either on the exact date the insurance kicked in or after. Any dates before the acutal start date of the insurance they list it as pre-existing.

Kelly
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#57 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:21 AM

Please, tell me that Titan was not on the couch. A dog bed on the floor! He is a dog. Not an equal to the humane habitants of the home. Mary, don't set him up for failure. And please keep me informed on the foot. ARDA
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#58 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:41 AM

Mary I'm so glad that no cancer was found. The toe will heal. just give it time. you are still in my thoughts and prayers. God will take care of your baby.

Ella

-Josh Billings

#59 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:46 AM

My God is Titan beautiful...
That is just such a great pic...I can see he's really in a lot of distress at home, eh, Mary? :D
HAHAHAHA
Let's hope those meds work on his little "toe-toe" as we refer to them with my daughter... :D
I'm sure the meds will work wonders, and Titan will be alright, with all the toes he's supposed to have! :D
~Jen~

#60 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:36 PM

So happy to hear the test is clear of cancer! Sorry about the infection. :D Hope he gets well soon!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users