51 replies to this topic

#1 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:35 PM

Shannon and Larry Mihalik came down to see and adopt SJ today. She was a little under the weather but should have a lot of fun with her big brother Mackey when she starts feeling better. SJ will also have a couple cats, to help her stay out of trouble. The Mihalik's had a hard decision as Angel shined and showed her true colors. Angel followed and played with Mackey the whole time they were here. Can't wait to see updates on her as she grow up.

Attached Files

#2 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:37 PM

Angel telling Larry "Take Me, Take Me"

Attached Files

#3 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:05 PM

Hurray for SJ! Hurray! ;)

We csn not wait to see updates as she grows with her new family. ;)

Congrat's to all of you!

Todd, Cathy, Suzzane & Doodgee
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#4 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:44 PM

Wow, SJ is so big!! ;)

Congratulations on your new addition! I hope you all will be very happy together! Would love to see some pictures as SJ grows into a majorly beautiful girlie dog. ;)

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#5 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:24 PM

Congratulation to SJ. She has a new family. Keep us posted with stories and pictures ;)

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#6 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:33 PM

Couldn't talk them into two? Haha! Good luck with the new baby!

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#7 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:43 PM

Way to go SJ !!! You are such a beautiful boy!! I'm so happy for you and your new family !! ;)
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#8 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:22 PM

Oops I mean Beautiful girl !!! what was I thinking ? ;)
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#9 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:36 PM

Good for SJ ;) , 1 less baby for Kathye to care for, but Im sure
they will love her too. ;)

#10 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:25 PM

What a great picture! Everyone looks so happy. Way to go SJ. Can't wait to see pictures and read about her as she grows. What a cutie. Another happy ending. ;)

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#11 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:01 PM

Congratulations SJ on finding such a wonderful home. This calls for a victory dance! Posted Image
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#12 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:06 PM

Sj is a sick little puppy, so we ask that everyone says a little prayer for her. We will know more about what ails her in the morning.
Kevin & Kathye

#13 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:24 PM

Oh NO!! What's wrong with her??? She'll be in my prayers tonight, poor lil thing...
~Jen~
Hoping that SJ gets better!!!

#14 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:51 PM

She will be in my prayers tonight also. Let us know what is wrong

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#15 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:06 PM

Hey SJ..........It's your brother Rusty..........Remember me?
Listen up Sis. I know that you aren't feeling very good right now and I know what that's like. I was sick for a few weeks too and that just wasn't very much fun. :) But you know something now that you are in your forever home you are going to get so much love and you won't believe how much better you will feel. I'm telling you sis it's great having a forever home. Trust me you are going to love it. I know I do. ;) And hey if you need any tips on how to get what you want you just let me know and I will tell you how....But don't tell my mommy OK.... ;)
SJ just know that I will always be your brother and I'm sending you puppy hugs as we speak. Get well soon sis you hear me!!!

Love your big brother, ;)
Rusty

Attached Files

#16 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:13 PM

The first vet she went to says Parvo, but Kathye, Arda, the Mihalik's, and I think it's Coccidiosis/roundworm. Dr. Karen is going to check out the rest of them in the morning, just to double check for us. SJ, has to stay at the 24 hour vet's tonight, so she doesn't even get to spend her first night with her new family. Parvo and coccidious have almost identical syptoms. The reason we feel she doesn't have Parvo is that, Parvo attacks cells, and her cell count is high along with her glucose count. No matter how hard you try it is definatly hard keeping pups healthy and safe. Kathye says no more pups, it's just heatbreaking seeing them when they are so sick.

#17 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:19 PM

We're keeping our paws and Posted Image hoping that you'll feel better soon.

;) Cheryl & Cocoa
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#18 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:28 PM

Wow! Look how close they resemble each other. Just a shade off in color.

Attached Files

#19 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:13 PM

This is sad news, Kevin. I will say a prayer that the Lord heals SJ quickly and that the other pups will be fine. Poor Kathye. It's hard stuff.
;)

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#20 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:06 AM

;) ;) :) :) ;)

Hey I know that when we first took Rusty to the vet he too thought it was Parvo but ruled that out quickly. So with that high count I'm think also that it's NOT Parvo. I have to tell you that when I took Rusty to the vet last Saturday he told me something. Knowing now that Rusty is fine he said he didn't think he was going to make it. But heck you see what he looks like now.
I know what it's like to bring home a puppy and have it spend time in the hospital. Rusty was in there for 4 days but in the end it was worth it.....WELL WORTH IT. Our vet said too that with lots of love and hugs and extreme spoiling at home it is going to make for an even speedier recovery.
So just know that Rusty and I know what you are going through and are sending you all kinds of good thoughts and well wishes and big puppy hugs. ;)
SJ is going to be fine...... :)

Love,
Rusty and Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users