48 replies to this topic

#1 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:26 AM

Mary recently lost her SCD boy, Oscar, and knew she wanted to honor him by giving another Dobe in need a good home. She sent me a note that she didn't care about color or ears, but did we have an easy going boy that would get along with cats and dogs and not go crazy over her horses? Well Biscuit is exactly that. He is a sweet, smart, laid back boy. With all he has been through with living in pain for the first almost year of his life, and 2 surgeries this year, he is still the sweetest boy. We are SO happy for him and Mary. Congratulations! We look forward to pictures and updates as he grows up. Here is a pic J snapped of Biscuit and Arda last weekend.

Attached File  Arda-n-Biscuit.jpg   31.72KB   1 downloads

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#2 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:58 AM

Congrats Biscuit boy you nabbed a great home here with Mary!!

#3 Dobes & Feathers

Dobes & Feathers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:29 AM

Congrats! Bisquit on your new forever home and family :wub: .

Dreams become reality one choice at a time.

S.C.D.'s Rhue ( Little Red Rhuebarb) 2008 or 2009 to March 2021
Forever your paw print in our heart's
S.C.D.'s Darling Darla Blue(LaLa for short)
Our Velcro Love Bug ( approx D.O.B Jan,2004 to June,2011)
& one of the many Queens prior
Autumn ( Black Lab)
Sept 1996 to Feb 2010

#4 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:48 AM

I sure missed him this morning.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#5 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:24 AM

Oh Happy Day,

All Paws up for you Biscuit, you hit the jackpot. My you have many happy years together.

Please post pictures of Biscuit if you have a chance. :Star: :hug: :Party: :doberman: :Applause: :Kiss:

#6 LibbyTea

LibbyTea

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

Congratulations

#7 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

Wow!  Biscuit!  Congratulations on your new home!  It sounds WONDERFUL!  What a sweet boy he is and Arda will miss him terribly.  She has so much time, love and effort invested in him.  I am so happy for him.  Cats, dogs and horses .... The place sounds like where *I* would love to go live!  :D

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#8 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

Mary sent us this update:

Hi Arda & Sarah: Just wanted to let you know Biscuit travelled like a pro-didn't crate him-he slept most of the way back here-while intermittently popping up to check out things. He is a true sweetie!! I will post pictures on here and Second Chance Dobes website. Will take things slowly with him because of the leg-Arda-I agree with you-what I see in the gait is a leg still healing-just not strong enough yet-I could be wrong but I suspect by the end of summer most of that will be gone. Like Oscar-he has made himself at home-are you sure Arda he wasn't allowed on the furniture? He is currently on my couch-LOL. Anyway off to a terrific start and I suspect Oscar is smiling-thanks again-will update with pictures tomorrow. So far, so good with the cats!

SCD's Stone Soup

#9 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

You just answered some of my prayers and worries.  He is slow to warm up but when it comes you know you are special to him.  He is a project dog in the making.  I agree, a summer without pain, he'll be a new dog.  He has my heart.

#10 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

I'm so happy for Biscuit!  And for you too Mary!   Please keep us updated on Biscuit's transition into your home and farm.  I love pics.....

We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#11 Oscar

Oscar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

Arda-you are right-he is a bit shy/reserved but very,very trusting and I suspect loyal.  He is doing well but this is a transition for him-subtle signs-he didn't eat last night but has today-very quiet-could be his "laid back" personality or a bit of depression (he misses you) or a combination of both-don't know him well enough yet to know. The introductions to my dogs will be very slow-he is very submissive-he has met Evie and that went well-will continue with that this week and then will add Gracie. Because of his nature I want to be sure he is firmly established in the pack of Evie & Gracie before I add CJ who is none too happy-LOL- but he was that way with Oscar when he first arrived and they became inseparable.  The hind leg I am convinced is on track-weak-but as I said on FB I will be shocked if it isn't much better by the end of summer given the experience I had with my other dog.  I will try and load a couple of pictures I have.  Thanks again Arda-he is SPECIAL and once he settles in-he is going to blossom and he is going to be HUGE!! :-)

#12 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

Going to be?  He is huge and isn't finished yet.  This dog hasn't started to live yet.  You have my heart.

#13 Annie Moon

Annie Moon

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

Awwww Congratulations!

Would love to see pictures!

In Memory of Mariah He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.  ~Unknown~

#14 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

Mary posted these on Facebook. :)

Attached File  Biscuit Evie NH.jpg   119.69KB   4 downloads

Attached File  Biscuit NH.jpg   165.48KB   0 downloads

SCD's Stone Soup

#15 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

Oh my broken heart!

#16 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

What a beautiful picture. They look so comfy.Thanks for the picture, we know Arda needed to see her Biscuit. :Love: :doberman:

#17 LibbyTea

LibbyTea

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

Awww they look so cute

#18 Oscar

Oscar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

Arda-Biscuit is doing well-he is showing me some signs of this being a big deal for him-his appetite isn't what I would like it to be and he is displaying mild signs of separation anxiety-if I go to the barn or outside for any length of time, he is very whiney when I come back in.  He did vomit yesterday-which put me on edge because of Oscar-but it was bile and thankfully, a one time event.  He and Evie slept together last night-I am trying to limit crating to only when I am at work. I have received some Biscuit kisses-he really is a nice dog-I can see why you are so fond of him-he has so much potential.  Will continue to take things slowly with him and let him tell me when he is ready for the next step.  Thank you for the privilege of adding him to my family!  How do I post pictures here? I know I had a problem with that before! LOL

#19 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

Here is a link that Joaquin posted on how to post pics.  Hope it helps!

http://www.secondcha...showtopic=11409

May Biscuit feel at home really soon!  They look like two peas in a pod there!  Thanks for the updates. 

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#20 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

I really love that big wimp.  When he finally knows he is home and safe, you'll be in heaven.  He used to wait outside for all the other dogs to go in before he would come over to me to get his private love from me.  He just melted me and I might add Sarah.  She helped carry him in that first day and she watched him recover and grow into this love bug that he is.  You have a big part of my heart there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users