137 replies to this topic

#41 dobbiehearted

dobbiehearted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:41 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if all dogs in the world could be loved and treated like Loki is?! What a wonderful world we would live in!

All of our dogs Bump-- just wish it could be even close for so many of them....... just look at Jamies eyes... wow... she represents so many versions of wanting to be in a forever home to be just treated nicely... not even over the top as we treat and spoil our dogs...

Here is one of the newest spoiled forever home members.. today was his first day "really hitting the boardwalk" we walked the usual walk. ... stopped at the hair salon who will always come out and give cool fresh water..... the other usual stops all petted him as they got to hear his story and where I have been... we went to his first dairy queen.. (He wanted that not me).... we went to the park and he sat just watching other dogs misbehave...

He loves the car.. He likes to stick his head out of the window. yes I know the dangers.. so I take as many side streets as I can so I go 20-- swear 20 mph or slower-- it is good for the soul.. to not be in a hurry..I truly mean this... eventually when I have to go faster, he must come in and sit to protect his eyes...

se what the beauty of what Arda does over at that swamp place.. she saves dogs yes, but humans are saved even when they dont know they needed saving with each dog that goes home, I think anyway....

Attached Files

Edited by dobbiehearted, 12 June 2008 - 09:51 PM.

My Beloved Lexa (April 1998 --Jan 2008)
My Cherished Loki -SCD ( May 2008- August 2012) *
http://www.secondcha...ic=6378&hl=loki
Baby Koda

#42 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:10 PM

I love the pic of Loki wearing sunglasses. Now that's cute! I want to kiss that cute nose of his. :(
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#43 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:54 AM

He sure is one handsome guy!!
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#44 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:01 AM

Gotta love that guy :(

#45 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:21 AM

He loves the car.. He likes to stick his head out of the window. yes I know the dangers.. so I take as many side streets as I can so I go 20-- swear 20 mph or slower-- it is good for the soul.. to not be in a hurry..I truly mean this... eventually when I have to go faster, he must come in and sit to protect his eyes...

They do sell goggles for this reason. I saw a dog wearing them once with his head out the car window. :(
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#46 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:33 PM

Loki is looking cool in his glasses! I love it! That is a calendar pose for a summer month, save it for next years calendar!

All of our dogs Bump-- just wish it could be even close for so many of them....... just look at Jamies eyes... wow... she represents so many versions of wanting to be in a forever home to be just treated nicely... not even over the top as we treat and spoil our dogs...

se what the beauty of what Arda does over at that swamp place.. she saves dogs yes, but humans are saved even when they dont know they needed saving with each dog that goes home, I think anyway....

I totally agree with what you said here too. Jamie is half-starved and all she wants is to lick your fingers and have a little scratch on her ears. When you think about how all of us here do so much to keep our furkids healthy and happy, and people throw them away like garbage....it's just not even comprehensible to me. Arda doesn't just save dogs, every dog she sends to a forever home changes the people who are blessed with them. The truth is even though my kids depend on me for food, shelter, care, etc. I need them every bit as much as they need me. They are my joy, my heart, my family. :(

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#47 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:25 PM

Arda doesn't just save dogs, every dog she sends to a forever home changes the people who are blessed with them. The truth is even though my kids depend on me for food, shelter, care, etc. I need them every bit as much as they need me. They are my joy, my heart, my family. :(
[/quote]
I couldn't agree more with you! And Loki is so cute and looks very happy to be forever home with you!
"Qui me amat, amat et canem meum" (Love me, love my dog)
The more people I meet the more I like my dog
"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience"
-Woodrow Wilson
"Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate in their object-relations."
-Sigmund Freud

#48 Dobiegirl51

Dobiegirl51

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:18 AM

I need them every bit as much as they need me. They are my joy, my heart, my family.

Stacie, you sure said that one good.....I could NOT imagine my life without my furkid......

This morning I woke thinking about the day I had to put my Cody down, and I was so sad and my heart ached so much, I just wanted her back with me right then and there.....like he knew Logan jumped up next to me and gave me that Logan love........I am so blessed to have gotten him and I thank the Lord and Arda everday and the people who let him go...sounds odd but hey their loss my gain is the way I look at it......

Just like Loki....WOW he could have not gotten a better Mommie....he is one lucky boy....

OHHHHHHHH I wanna kiss that nose..dobie kisses are so wonderful!!!!!

#49 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:03 AM

I have been trying to post new pictures of Magnum and Lilo and for some reason I keep getting an error notice when I upload. Tomorrow is going to be a fun day for the two of them - Jared started to race bmx again and his first race is today and tomorrow. I work today but tomorrow the 3 of us are going out to the track. Waterford Oaks is our home track and Darwin should be there too. I can't wait to show off my furkids to all of our old friends - that we haven't seen in 2 years with the exception of the owners of our team (they have Darwin). Hopefully I can get my pics. to download as I am going to take lots of them tomorrow.
"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience"
-Woodrow Wilson
"Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate in their object-relations."
-Sigmund Freud

#50 dobbiehearted

dobbiehearted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:37 PM

ok-- down to once a week, rather than every day... it is subsiding.. this beautiful boy loves the car.. doesnt care where we go, just wants to be in it.. he loves his cloth water bowl.. his frozen the night before water jug of course......... .. I sit in the car sometimes in the shade...grab a iced coffee and make business phone calls ..he loves to sit behind me and just chill..looking out the window..

we get a few pets thru the window while parked as they say hey that is a doberman or those typical comments you all hear too.... then we go to a park near by take a quick walk and back in the car for riding..... I do lots of things that require me to be in the vehicle more than average.. so he is right there with me...

I love that he loves to ride.. I will probably take CABs suggestion and get some goggles as he loves his head out... Today we went shopping at Pet Store, got a huge bulley stick and he chomped it for an hour while we parked...

I LOVE THIS DOG !! it is impossible to comprehend how having him for 5 years ...they could just disgard him ........ there can be no reason other than owners awake with his teeth around their neck.. and then that would probably be just a bad dream.... :sorcerer: :(

it has only been 18 days and it feels like it has always been...

Attached Files

Baby Koda

#51 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:46 PM

it has only been 18 days and it feels like it has always been...

:(

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#52 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:54 PM

Are those pillows I see? :flower:

Loki is exactly what you needed and you are exactly what he needed. :sorcerer:

And you think I spoil my dogs......................... :(

-Arda Barber

#53 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:27 AM

I sure am glad to see that Loki isn't being spoiled!! :(
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#54 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:45 AM

I'm still trying to figure out who is happier - you or Loki? It sure looks like the two of you were meant to be. Pillows???? - and they are still intact! Now that is the sure sign of a doberboy that is grateful for the cushion. They would last 2 seconds in my house before they would be all over my house.
-Woodrow Wilson
-Sigmund Freud

#55 Dobiegirl51

Dobiegirl51

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:49 AM

Naw he ain't spoiled :(

He is georgeous too!!!!!

#56 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:22 AM

I love that he loves to ride.. I will probably take CABs suggestion and get some goggles as he loves his head out...

About a week ago, I saw a dog with those goggles on sitting in the front passenger seat of Corvette convertible. It was the funniest thing. Big fluffy dog with goggles on.

-Arda Barber

#57 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:47 AM

Sometimes......we don't get the dog we want, but we get the dog we need :(

#58 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:43 PM

the beauty of what Arda does over at that swamp place.. she saves dogs yes, but humans are saved even when they dont know they needed saving with each dog that goes home

What a beautiful way to put it. I hadn't thought about it in quite that way before, but you are so right!

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#59 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

In SW Detroit there used to be a guy that would ride on his motercycle all the time. You would see him everywhere. He had a milk crate mounted on the front of the bike and a small dog thet would ride in the crate with him he wore small eye goggles all the time. you never saw them without each other. The man had eyegoggles and so did his dog. It was so cute.

Edited by ella, 19 June 2008 - 01:49 PM.

Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#60 dobbiehearted

dobbiehearted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:34 AM

Just wanted to reinforce the "no dobermans on the furniture rule"---- as you all do out here as well... :)

The one photo is one of my favorite things they do.. so peaceful.. the doberman cuddle curl.... I could just squeeze them when they do this... I usually creep up and watch him open his eyes, and kiss him.............. he looks at me like "mom, I am really trying to sleep-- come on"

The green couch right next to this lounger.. is off limits to him-- this is ridiculous but I am trying to keep something so he will know I am the owner and he is the dog... :devil:

Attached Files

Baby Koda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users