237 replies to this topic

#1 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:33 PM

Attached File  post_3_1086563868_1_.jpg   74.95KB   89 downloadsWhen I returned from work today, I went to let Princess out in the back yard. There was a cat in the alley and she seen it. well she took off like a bat flying down the stairs. when she does that she does not even touch the stairs. Her back foot hit the top stair and she went down hard. she cried in pain and was holding her back foot up. I thought she broke her leg I was so scard. I got her to lay down and I keep rubbing her and trying to feel her back leg to see if I could feel anything broke. She had a sore on her back leg for a few weeks, the doctor said she was licking it and that's why it wouldn't heal. I have medician to put on it , but when she hit her leg on the step it broke open and started to bleed. I couldn't feel anything so I got her to stand up and she started to walk on it and then she even started to run so I knew it was okay. It was still bleeding so I took her to the doctor anyway. I seen a different doctor today and she said nothing was broke but she didn't like the look of the sore on her leg she said that bone cancer can look like that and she would like to x-ray the leg and while she was at it she would like to x-ray her hips. I told her to go ahead but I was really scared now since I've lost two dogs and one cat in the last three years to cancer. When she came back with the x-rays the first thing I asked was is it cancer, I was so scared. She said no it wasn't cancer, but she could not believe her eyes when she looked at the x-ray's. On the first x-ray of her hips when she put it up to the light she showed me there were two 22 caliber bullets in her. One was in her hip and the other was in her thigh. and there were about 30 buckshot pellets in both x-rays she said she had no idea how many more she would find if she x-rayed the rest of her body. She said it would be better not to do anything with the bullets,and pellets because her body wasn't rejecting them and if she tried to dig them out it would really start something. the infection on her leg was one of the pellets was causing the problem and she gave her a shot and me some different medicine to see if the infection would go away. If it doesn't she will have to operate on just that one. No wonder she has always been so afraid of thunder and backfires and fireworks.my poor baby what happened to her before she came here to live. We'll never know.
ELLA

Attached Files

Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#2 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:52 PM

Oh Ella,

I am so sorry. I have read this post more than once and each and every time I do, I get more angry. I'd like to know the frickin' SOB or SOB's who did this to her.

You're right though - we'll never know what happened to Princess before her life with you. All that matters now is that her fate is safest in your hands. Let's hope the infection clears up soon so that she does not have to undergo surgery. I'll say a little prayer for her. ;)

Cheryl
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#3 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:32 PM

Hi Ella,

I know the shock you must feel upon hearing this awful news.

My first dobe that I rescued from the pound had a similar experience. Late in her life she had a growth on her side and when we took her in for x-rays, it turned out there was a bullet in her about 1 inch from her heart. Same advice. Leave it there. She was only about 1-1/2 when I got her. She had ear infections, fungus on her nose so it was pink, worms, sores, was terribly underweight, didn't know her name, had been an outside dog and then I found out she had been shot. Yes, she was afraid of thunder and fireworks. She would try to claw her way inside my body when they happened. She couldn't get close enough to me for protection. It was a HORRIBLE thing to watch and experience. There was just no comforting her.

I pray your Princess heals quickly both physically and emotionally. People do evil things. I trust God will take care of it because He's taking names.

Take care and give her a hug for me.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#4 ChristineNHarley

ChristineNHarley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:58 PM

Oh my goodness!! ;) Poor Princess! Too bad dogs can't talk, huh? :)

She's being spoiled and loved by you now - thank goodness for you! You are giving her the wonderful life she deserves! ;)

#5 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:27 AM

Ella,
Your post made me cry.. I feel so bad for what happened to Princess before her new life with you. Some people just do not deserve any rights. Whomever did this to Princess should have nothing. I mean nothing!

I can only say that I am glad you two found each other and she has been given a second chance. I know this must be hard on you and your family but just think where Princess might be without you ;)

We are praying that her infection goes away. Keep us posted and if there is anything we can do to help PLEASE let us know.

The Gray's
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#6 Guest_cookie_*

Guest_cookie_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:43 AM

OMG!! Those evil bastards that did that to her!

This makes me so sad and angry! As I read what was found in the x-rays,
tears just streamed down my face. That poor girl to have to suffer through
such cruelty.

Just love her. And thank God she's with you now.

I don't like to bring it up, considering what we've just found out, but I think we
all know now that it's very unlikely that the loss of her ear was caused by a
fence.

How can people be so darn evil!! What goes around, comes around. Whoever
did that to her will get what they deserve in the end! (And I hope they suffer!!)

Thank God she's with you now.

My heart goes out to you!

Give Princess a great big kiss from all of us!

cookie

#7 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:34 AM

Ella, Princess is in my thoughts and prayers. Thank God for you and SCD and all those who rescue these poor souls from the human evil in this world. Just remember that her life with you is good, and she is getting all the love she has always deserved. Mary and the Brady Bunch

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#8 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:42 AM

Sorry to hear about your Princess. Makes me wonder about Dakota with reading two posts on dogs being terrified of thunder to find out later they had been shot. Dakota is terrified of storms to. I dont know about fireworks as we are not allowed to shot them off on base.

We pray everything turns out for the best for her.

Kelly
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#9 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:11 AM

You have no idea of how many of these dogs are carrying around buckshot or beebees. Makes you want to scream or murder someone. And they still forgive. Tell me about the vicious Dobermann and I'll tell you about the cruelty to the breed that I have seen. Please give her a big kiss from me. She makes me proud. She still forgives. Arda
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#10 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:13 AM

And then they wanted us to believe that she tore her ear off in a fence. Don't you wish she could talk? Maybe not. darn that makes me mad! Arda
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#11 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:34 AM

Ella,
Princess has been thru so much, but shes with you now, dont
worry about her past, she doesnt, she knows she is loved now
& thats what counts :)
People are so cruel & evil ;)
Prayers & a Hug to Her from us ;)
We had a red male from the Detroit animal control ( Dog Pound) that
was terrified of th'storms,fireworks,gunshots ect.. We knew something
bad had happened to him before we got him.

#12 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:39 AM

;) Poor Princess!

There is just no understanding some people and their senseless cruelty.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#13 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:45 AM

You know something Ella, I'm sitting here at work and I just finished reading your post about Princess and I just want to start crying. I can't even imagine what you must be feeling right now but I know what I am feeling...........I am pissed off. I can't understand what goes through a person's head when they are doing something like that to such a helpless creature. But you know..............What goes around comes around. They will get what is coming to them.
Just know that you are now making Princess feel extremely safe and loved and that is all that matters.
She has the home that she deserves and all the love that she needs.
As Arda said....Give her a big kiss from Rusty and I.

You are in my thoughts and prayers

Michelle & Rusty

#14 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:57 AM

Ella,
I'm so sorry to hear about your dear Princess. What people's minds are made up of, no one will know...
Princess is now with her forever home, a mother and family who are hers to love, and protect, and cuddle with. She's now where she's supposed to be, and lived through heck to get there. Does she ever deserve to be where she is. Give her lots of hugs from me and Brody. Unimaginable, what some @ssholes are capable of doing to animals, to our companions....makes me sick.
~Jenny & Brody~

#15 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:08 AM

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. Princess spent a peaceful night. sleep like a baby. not me I was up all night. I was the one that keep disturbing her. she was in bed with me and I keep wakeing up and just looking at her finally she got tired and just got out of bed and went and sleep on the couch.
This morning I had to take the bandage off and I knew it hurt because the blood was caked on the pad. and she didn't cry or anything just let me do it.then I put the medicine on and she just watched. She is such a wonderful baby.

Proud momma
Ella

-Josh Billings

#16 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:40 AM

Ella,

I just read about poor Princess. Maybe your trip to the vet was actually a blessing in disguise. At least now you are aware of what she is carrying around with her both physically & emotionally. Thank God, literally, she found you & a forever home. There is just no understanding the sick minds of some people. Give Princess an extra hug from me.

Pam

#17 Guest_cookie_*

Guest_cookie_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 11:14 AM

Maybe your trip to the vet was actually a blessing in disguise.

That's exactly what I was thinking. A horrible thing to find out about your
beloved pet, but at least you now know and can help her.

cookie

#18 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:44 PM

This morning I had to take the bandage off and I knew it hurt because the blood was caked on the pad. and she didn't cry or anything just let me do it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ella, can you wet/soak it in warm water before you remove.. That way the pad won't stick so much!!! Easier to peel off too!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#19 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:56 PM

Thanks Joni
I'll try that

Ella

-Josh Billings

#20 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:18 PM

Dear Ella -

I'm so sorry for poor Princess - and YOU, TOO! What a dilemma. Poor baby. Whoever did that to her, THAT GENE POOL SHOULD BE PURGED FROM THE PLANET. Smart as a box of rocks, and a cruel SOB to boot. What goes around eventually DOES come around. They'll get theirs some day. Can't happen soon enough.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users