237 replies to this topic

#41 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:27 AM

I'll be anxiously awaiting her update later on tonight.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#42 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:12 PM

The doc said that she wants to try some new med, also to keep a bandage on her at all times. Princess got her annual shots today but, I have to take her back to get one shot that they ran out of today. so they will call me when it comes in and that's when they will decide if she needs surgery. The doctor said she thinks we will have to take the buckshot out but she wants to try this first. :)

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#43 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:50 AM

Ella, I am so so sorry to hear Princess is still not healing. I hope the new med works out. She sure knows that she is loved! :)

#44 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:06 AM

Rest assure Ella that your Princess is in the best hands and her leg will be healed soon. :)
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#45 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:12 AM

Thanks Heather & Cheryl

I know she will be okay I have faith. I just get so worried.

Ella

-Josh Billings

#46 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:38 PM

Ella -

So sorry to hear Princess is having such a rough time. Hope the new meds work. Such a sweet girl. She shouldn't have to endure all this. Your vet sounds like a very empathetic caretaker :) and she couldn't ask for a more devoted Mom. She's a lucky girl to have found you!

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#47 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:17 PM

Thanks Linda, but I'm the lucky one to have found my Princess. I am so thankful to Arda and SCD, for letting me have her. She is such a wonderful baby.

Ella

-Josh Billings

#48 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:31 PM

I'll pray for Princess's recovery, Ella. It bothers me to no end knowing that she was shot and still can't heal. I pray the Lord touches her and makes her whole again.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#49 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:46 AM

Ella, you and Princess are in my thoughts and prayers. These guys are our forever children and when they are hurt or feeling sick it's hard on the whole family. Hang in there. Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#50 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:07 AM

Ella,

I'm so sorry you & Princess are having such a rough time & it's so hard when our poor pups can't tell us what's wrong & where it hurts. :P Hang in there & keep us posted.

#51 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:39 AM

Thanks guys. I'm bringing Princess out with me Sat. so everyone can meet her. she loves to ride in the car and while I'm working she just relaxes in the van. :P

Ella

-Josh Billings

#52 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:57 AM

Yeah, Princess is SO good when she's out there!!! Not like Freak boy Brody...he starts getting jealous, and broke ONE collar, and ONE leash last time, escaping so he could get to me, the little bugger...I had to steal one of Arda's choke chains to keep him in one spot that day!! :P

#53 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:14 AM

Oh the little :devil:s.

How about my car? Scratch marks all over it from Ms. Cocoa. I learned several lessons last weekend - don't bring toys, don't anchor tie-out too close to automobile, don't leave dog food out, don't wear white, and don't fill the water buckets outside of the crates! :P

Swamp Mama was on the verge of firing me but I begged her not to! :P

-Arda Barber

#54 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:03 PM

Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap--I wanna come too but as usual have to work. :P
I'll bet you guys have way more fun scooping there than I have scooping in my yard!

#55 Becki

Becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:54 PM

I like to believe that there is a special place in heck for people who hurt animals and children.
In loving memory of Mitchell, 1992-January 22, 2006. He was a great friend, and I'm sorry he couldn't take the stress of this world any longer. We love you Mitchell. I just wish you would have talked with us before you made that decision

#56 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:34 PM

I like to believe that there is a special place in heck for people who hurt animals and children.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Becki, I believe that you are right.

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#57 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:28 PM

Thanks Becki, I also agree with you. and welcome to our forum

Ella

-Josh Billings

#58 Cathy V.

Cathy V.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:21 PM

[COLOR=purple]

hello, I'm Cathy--Becki's Mom. we recently adopted Angel from Second Chance.

I do believe I can tell you what happened to Princess.

Unfortunately, she had irresponsible, ignorant humans, who allowed her to run loose. Deer and livestock are just so much fun to chase! and of course, Princess didn't know any better.

Unfortunately, in rural areas, such as here in Newaygo County, where we live--it is almost an unwritten law, that dogs running deer are to be shot on sight. It is also the law that you may shoot any dog bothering your livestock--which is exactly what the dog warden told me to do, when I called to ask them to cite my neighbors, who refused to confine their "Chicken Thievin' dog", Bud.

Fortunately for Bud, (as I told the Dog warden) "I will not shoot a perfectly nice dog, because his owners are stupid!" Unfortunately, among country folk--I am the exception to the rule.

Hopefully the new medicine will work, and she will not need the surgery. But if she does, I am glad that she now has a good, caring Mom, who will get her the medical attention that she needs, and will keep her safe, where nobody can ever shoot at her again.

Cathy V.

#59 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:47 PM

Thanks Cathy

Princess went to the doctor today. The doctor thinks her leg is looking better. she gave me some more med and bandages and told me to come back in three weeks. The med that she gave me is to grow skin over the wound. So its just wait and see. We'll never know what happened to Princess. Some times I wish she could talk but other times I'm glad I don't know. Princess loves to sit backwards and look out the window also sound aslept on her heated waterbed.

Attached Files

-Josh Billings

#60 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 05:46 AM

Posted Image

I love those pictures...........She looks so comfortable!

Michelle & Rusty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users