#1 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:56 PM

Attached File  Shaylee_comes_home_001.jpg   60.59KB   141 downloads
Shaylee found a place to call home forever when she came home to live with me and Larry and Tikibutt. :P

Shaylee rode like an ANGEL in the car while Tiki's nose was a little out of joint because Shaylee sits on the back seat just like she does. Tango used to sit on the floor and Tiki had the seat all to herself. Today she had to share. :P

Shaylee was very interested in the yard and when she went in the house she made a beeline for the crate that I had prepared for her. She then found her way to the dog beds and had her first meal here.

She and Tiki also got a bath. :flower: Again she was just perfect. As still as a stone in the shower. Not a peep, whine, or wiggle. Just perfect!

She shyly played with Tiki a little bit and then went to bed after "sitting" for a biscuit. I think she's bushed with all the activity. She's also off her schedule a bit.

Oh, after her bath she made a beeline for the couch and jumped up there. That was her first "NO!!" She understood and was so hurt she went to her crate. :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for something bad to happen because she is just too PERFECT. How could anyone give up something this PERFECT??!!

Here are some pics.

My first meal at home!
Attached File  Shaylee_comes_home_003.jpg   50.81KB   92 downloads

Look Auntie Arda I found an unoccupied dog bed!
Attached File  Shaylee_comes_home_004.jpg   60.17KB   104 downloads

The blanket really does make it dark in here so I can rest, but the flash just makes it look bright! My Mom's taste in blankets is kind of bad, but I don't want to hurt her feelings.
Attached File  Shaylee_comes_home_005.jpg   100.37KB   99 downloads

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#2 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:12 PM

I picked Shaylee up in Ionia, and I don't have enough words to tell you how happy I am for this sweet, sweet girl. She was an absolute love in the car, played happily with my brother's lab pup, walked nicely on a leash, may know commands like sit, down and go potty (the potty one could be a coincidence - test it out. I said "Hurry up and go potty!" and she squatted down and went) I am with you - how anyone could give this babydoll up I don't know. DId you get the puppy picture from Arda?

Oh, I am so happy!

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#3 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:20 PM

I picked Shaylee up in Ionia, and I don't have enough words to tell you how happy I am for this sweet, sweet girl.  She was an absolute love in the car, played happily with my brother's lab pup, walked nicely on a leash, may know commands like sit, down and go potty (the potty one could be a coincidence - test it out.  I said "Hurry up and go potty!" and she squatted down and went)  I am with you - how anyone could give this babydoll up I don't know.  DId you get the puppy picture from Arda?

Oh, I am so happy!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I knew you would be tickled! :P

Hey, what puppy picture? Yeah, like Arda would part with a picture. Surely you jest! hahaha!

Tiki is laying in front of Shaylee's crate singing to her to try to get her out to play, but Shaylee is too pooped to peep! It's been a full day for her and normally she would be sleeping in the kennel right now. Tiki is being RELENTLESS! Argh... now she's singing to ME!

I'm with you. She is too good to be true. I feel like I just made off with the crown jewels and nobody noticed. :rolleyes:

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#4 docsavalle

docsavalle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:24 PM

that is the best news i have heard in some time, im so happy for all of you, i hope u see why shaylee was left unwanted at the kennel, she was meant to be with your family jane, she is a sweet dog, and very well behaved from what i have seen of her at the swamp. im happy for you jane, i know she will have a wonderful life now, with people whom will love her.............frank, taylor, bronson

#5 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:24 PM

I knew you would be tickled!  :flower:

Hey, what puppy picture?  Yeah, like Arda would part with a picture.  Surely you jest! hahaha!

Tiki is laying in front of Shaylee's crate singing to her to try to get her out to play, but Shaylee is too pooped to peep!  It's been a full day for her and normally she would be sleeping in the kennel right now.  Tiki is being RELENTLESS!  Argh... now she's singing to ME!

I'm with you.  She is too good to be true.  I feel like I just made off with the crown jewels and nobody noticed.  :P

Jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard you had been thinking of taking her. I kept hoping it would be true!

We will sneak the picture out of there :rolleyes: and I will scan it so there are copies. It is a picture of her first bath - too too cute. :P

I think that she will play once she is rested - she held her own with Craig's 10 month old lab!

I really am thrilled for Shaylee and for you.

Edited by brownsmom, 01 March 2006 - 03:26 PM.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#6 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:25 PM

darn it Jane...you made me cry :rolleyes: She looks so happy to be "home" and has had such a long journey. You have truly honored Tango by opening your heart to this special doberlady. Thank you, thank you :P
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#7 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:26 PM

I cried too, Karen!

#8 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:12 PM

How very cool, Jane!! I'm soooo happy for you and your family!! :rolleyes: What a wonderful way to honor Tango's memory. :P
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#9 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:23 PM

Oh my gawd! This is fantastic news Jane! Congratulations!
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#10 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:14 PM

Wishing you and your family with the new addition many years of love and happiness, Jane. Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#11 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:22 PM

THAT is SOOOOO Great, Congrats, shes a special
lady!!! :P Yea, Arda has a pic of her as a pup, I saw it too.
So happy for all of you, doesnt life just throw us some wonderful
curves????
Welcome home Shaylee :rolleyes:

Daisy & Gang

#12 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:03 PM

I feel like I just made off with the crown jewels and nobody noticed.  :rolleyes:

Jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You did make off with a crown of jewels! But we are taking note. :blink:

Thank you Larry & Jane for honoring Tango and giving Shaylee the wonderful home she so much deserves.

She is such a great girl. Her temperment is to die for and we kept asking " How could we fit her in our pack?" But there are greater powers to be, and Shaylee,Tikibutt,Larry,& Jane were ment to be together. :P

We could not be happier for all of you :P :flower:

Yippie!

Todd, Cathy, Suzzane,Doodgee & Gwennie
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#13 dobes4ever

dobes4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:08 PM

Congradulations Jane!

Thanks for giving Shaylee the wonderful home and the love she so much deserves. Don't forget we need alot of pictures!! :rolleyes:

Mike, Peg & Gretta
Mike & Peg
Gretta
& Kloee the cat!
!

RV Innovations, LLC
RV Decks & Supplies
On-Line Store Coming Soon

#14 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:18 PM

I am so happy for Shaylee! Congratulations to you all!

#15 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:56 PM

OK Didts, I'll give you the puppy picture. Stop crying! Thanks for giving me a boost today. I'm too sick to cry. I can't talk again tonight. I know it's kennel cough. Dog Germs! Thanks for giving her a place to sleep and eat and more love than she's ever known.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#16 chimommy

chimommy

Chimommy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 07:47 PM

Jane, Larry and Tikki,
Congrats on your newest girl. She is a beauty. Hey isn't that a Rugrats blankie :rolleyes: ? How wonderful that God has better timing than we do in our lives. May you fill this baby's heart with the love and security she needs. Where's the tissue??? :P We are soooooo happy for you all.
Lorie, the "B" and family

#17 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:25 PM

I am sooooo happy for you all!
If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." -- Mark Twain

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. -Roger Caras

#18 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:06 PM

It's not kennel cough....it's full blown Parvo and I haven't had my parvo shots.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#19 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:08 PM

Yogurt, Arda! Yogurt!

#20 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:20 PM

Yes, that's a Rugrat comforter! :-) I didn't know who they were until I found this at a garage sale. I'll buy any comforter that's in one piece and under $3.00. haha!

Arda, I can't thank you enough for letting me have Shaylee. Larry thinks she is GREAT!! She is a lovebug and both she and Tiki are CRASHED right now. I think she may have a runny nose but she's not coughing so I'm not going to worry about it.

I hope you get over your doggie illness soon! You look like crap - no offense. :rolleyes:
You can keep the picture if you like. I know how much you love them. I can get a copy like Heather said.

Here are more pics.

Oh boy this rawhide sure is better than the blanket I was chewing on!
Attached File  shaylee_rawhide_001.jpg   92.76KB   47 downloads

3 hour coma
Attached File  Shaylee_sleeps_3_1_06_004.jpg   74.2KB   47 downloads

What happens to a dog who is petted too much
Attached File  shaylee_sleeping_3_1_06_001.jpg   54.15KB   47 downloads

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users