37 replies to this topic

#1 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:22 PM

Amy, from Pontiac, has been around Dobes since the age of 3. Today, she decided to honor her beloved Dobes Bree and Indy, both of whom she lost to DCM, by adopting 10- year "young" Jade. Jade will have a sister named Sera and a foster brother named Louie to play with.

Congratulations Amy and Jade! We wish you many years of happiness together. Please keep us updated as Jade begins her new adventure!

:pinch:

Attached File  Jade.jpg   142.68KB   0 downloads
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#2 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:30 PM

Way to go Amy and Jade !! The older ones are the best ones :pinch:
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#3 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:08 PM

The long haired RARE Dobermann and her pups arrived as Amy was getting her picture taken. I turn around and she ran off with my dog. Amy you are very bad. We had Jade in the yard with all my kids today. What a dog. She moves like a yound dog. This is one great olde girl. It's hard for me to buy into the tail and dews but the personality on this girl is the "BEST". Amy we exspect to read about her. Please!
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#4 Kimmi

Kimmi

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:10 PM

The long haired RARE Dobermann and her pups arrived as Amy was getting her picture taken.  I turn around and she ran off with my dog.  Amy you are very bad.  We had Jade in the yard with all my kids today.  What a dog.  She moves like a yound dog.  This is one great olde girl.  It's hard for me to buy into the tail and dews but the personality on this girl is the "BEST".  Amy we exspect to read about her.  Please!

View Post

She is a great DoberGirl...she acts like she is 2. It only takes a second for her to win your heart...good luck with Jade...keep us posted on her :pinch:

Kimmi
Kimmi
Sehoya

#5 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:32 PM

Amy, Good Luck with Jade! :pinch:
Long tail, dews & natural ears, she is
one cool Dobe lady... :wacko:
Remember, she loves to sit at the kitchen
table & eat with everyone else :blink:

Daisy

#6 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:14 PM

We want everyone to know Jade's story. Jade was brought to the US by her owner Gorgon Wilkerson from England about 8 years ago. They lived in Kentucky. The first of this year, his brother in England had several strokes. He was the sole caregiver for their 86 year old mother. In a scramble to get back to Englan, Gordon placed all his animals and his brother in law brought Jade from Kentucky to us. What a dog she is. Amy Long, I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU ON HER> IF YOU DON'T LIKE HER BRING HER HOME TO ME. I AM IN LOVE WITH HER.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#7 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 11:10 PM

She really does have the personality to die for. So happy to see her find a great forever home. :pinch:

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#8 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:13 AM

The long haired RARE Dobermann and her pups arrived as Amy was getting her picture taken.  I turn around and she ran off with my dog.  Amy you are very bad.  We had Jade in the yard with all my kids today.  What a dog.  She moves like a young dog.  This is one great olde girl.  It's hard for me to buy into the tail and dews but the personality on this girl is the "BEST".  Amy we expect to read about her.  Please!

View Post

Congrats!

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#9 dobes4ever

dobes4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:34 AM

Congratulations to Jade on your new forever home! :pinch:
Mike & Peg
Gretta
& Kloee the cat!
!

RV Innovations, LLC
RV Decks & Supplies
On-Line Store Coming Soon

#10 DBugged33

DBugged33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:54 AM

NO Arda... You can't have her back! Jade is fitting in quite well after a rather inauspicious beginning. She did great on the car ride home, but I think she got a little car sick because as soon as I got her in the house she threw up 3 HUGE piles of food... I'm thinking the donuts must have still been in there!

Then, she wanted nothing to do with my other two kids (Sera - 2 yr old Dobe and Louie - 2 yr old Shep/Lab mix)... she quickly affixed herself to my couch and anytime Sera or Louie came close she'd growl at them. I think that their youthful exuberance may have off-set her some. We quickly controlled that by not letting her up on the couch if she wasn't behaving. I did try to show her the crate and how safe it would make her, but she would have NOTHING to do with going anywhere near the crate... so hopefully she will behave herself today while I am at work.

By the end of the night, Sera & her were sharing the couch nicely & Louie was flipped over on his back begging to play with someone. So all in all I think they finally all accepted each other... sorry Arda! One great thing I can say though is she let me cut her nails... I have never had a Dobe that I didn't have to work with for a while before they would let me cut their nails... I was soooo excited. I will post more updates later. Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Amy

#11 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:13 AM

Congratulations Amy and Jade! It sounds like she is doing well in her new home! Thanks for the update.
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#12 sharpe

sharpe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:22 AM

Congratulations on Jade finding her forever home.

#13 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:32 AM

OMG! I'm in love with Jade from just looking at her photo. You can see she's a great dobergirl. She does look like she's very young. Congratulations to all...I'm very jealous :pinch:

#14 DBugged33

DBugged33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:29 AM

Then, she wanted nothing to do with my other two kids (Sera - 2 yr old Dobe and Louie - 2 yr old Shep/Lab mix)... she quickly affixed herself to my couch and anytime Sera or Louie came close she'd growl at them.  I think that their youthful exuberance may have off-set her some.  We quickly controlled that by not letting her up on the couch if she wasn't behaving.  I did try to show her the crate and how safe it would make her, but she would have NOTHING to do with going anywhere near the crate... so hopefully she will behave herself today while I am at work.

Amy

View Post

... so I go home at lunch just to make sure the two girls (Sera & Jade) didn't kill each other while I was at work (Louie is in the crate) and as I peek through the window in my front door, I see Jade sleeping on one end of the couch and Sera on the other... doesn't look like there will be any problems there! Sorry Arda, there goes the last opportunity for you to get Jade back!

I will post pictures eventually, but someone stole my digital camera so I have to get another. Does anyone have a camera that they REALLY like?

Thanks,
Amy

#15 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:22 PM

Congratulation Jade and Amy on your new forever home. sounds like everything is going great.
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#16 scott

scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:00 PM

Congratulations Amy and Jade!!

Scott
"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's." - Mark Twain, Letter to W D Howells, 4/2/1899

#17 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:21 PM

1st Please, please someone tell me what a long haired dobe is? pic please???

also......camera....I absolutely love my cam......$199 is what it cost....it has a big screen on it.....office max sells it......
it is a FujiFilm F650
6 pixel.........we love it ......let me know.
Melissa K.

#18 DBugged33

DBugged33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:43 AM

1st Please, please someone tell me what a long haired dobe is? pic please???

also......camera....I absolutely love my cam......$199 is what it cost....it has a big screen on it.....office max sells it......
it is a FujiFilm F650
6 pixel.........we love it ......let me know.
Melissa K.

View Post

Hi Melissa,

Jade is not a long-hair Doberman... Arda was getting in a Great Pyrenees and some of her puppies & was joking that she was the 'rare long-haired Doberman'...

Thanks for the suggestion on the camera, I will definitely check it out.
Amy

#19 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:28 AM

Arda's secret is out......she does actually look at other breeds of dogs besides dobes :blink: One of her favs is the Great Pyrenees. I think beagles come in a close second :pinch:
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#20 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:32 AM

Jeez, now I feel really, really stupid. Was telling Bill my husband about this long-haired dobe, he kept saying there is no such thing.........I really don't want to tell him how gullable I am :pinch: sheesh!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users