• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 bbell

bbell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:59 PM

Happy Birthday to Fozzie Bear!!! :angry: By my count he is 5 mos. old this week and doing great! He is so big and handsome. I took him to the vet today to get weighed and he is up to 44.2 lbs. That is a 13 lb gain in just 5 weeks and 18 lbs since we got him. His short little tank legs aren't short any more. They keep getting longer and longer. He has had many firsts in the last couple of weeks. He lost his first tooth. It has been almost two weeks without an accident in the house so that earned him the right to sleep uncrated in our bedroom last night for the first time and today when I ran out for two hours, he was allowed free roam of the house. This week he graduates from Puppy training and is doing so with honors. Everyone who meets him, loves him. What's not to love!

As for he and Heidi together, they are quite a team. My husband called me to the bathroom the other night so I too could witness Fozzie's latest masterpiece. He had taken the toilet paper( Which I accidently left out) and not only ran the role all over the bathroom and out the door, but had managed to drap it all over Heidi who just laid there with this "Why me" look on her face. Unfortuanately we were laughing so hard, we didn't get a picture.

Then the other day I was defrosting 4 chicken breast in the sink and had moved them to the counter because I needed the sink. I finished up, ran upstairs, immediately remembered that I forgot to put the chicken away and came back down to find only two chicken breast and Heidi licking her lips. Well, I figured Heidi was the culprit. It wasn't until I turned around and out of Fozzie's mouth drops 1/2 a frozen breast. I am still not clear who did or got what, but personally I think it was a team effort.

Again as I end each of these updates, thank you Arda and all for bringing these two wonderful dogs into our lives.

#22 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:45 PM

So glad to hear Fozzie Bear and Heidi are doing so great and having so much fun !! Arda is always talking about the little fuzz ball :angry:
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#23 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:53 PM

Sounds like Fozzie is getting BIG. I think we need to see some pictures of that cutie and his sister!!
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#24 bbell

bbell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:41 PM

Hello All,

I know it has been a while, but as we celebrate Fozzie's 1st birthday and Heidi's 3rd this week I wanted to give you an update! They are both doing incredibly well and are healthy and happy.

As serious as a girl Heidi is, Fozzie is a goofy little boy. He keeps me laughing all day long with antics and he has this way of cocking his head when I am about to correct him that makes it very difficult to do. Witness his cuteness in the attached family pick. His other cute look that he has developed is what we call the Elvis sneer. His upper right "lip" curls up and he looks like Elvis.

Usually his playfulness is harmless however, he does seem to enjoy electronics as alternative chew toys. The last count is 2 cell phones and 2 remote controls.

We have found playing in the snow is an effective way to burn off his puppy energy...the other picture is from one of earlier snow falls this winter.

Other traits that have come out is he true cuddle bear when his is not going full speed. He loves to lie right up against you and put his head on you and just get lots of love.

He has definately helped Heidi come out of her shell. Although Heidi is still leary of strangers and we have to manage introductions, she manages to suck up her fear much more quickly rather than let Fozzie get all the attention and treats. Jealousy seems to be an effective motivator for her.

There are two Great Pyrenees that live down the street and they play with them weekly. Cluck is about 4 months younger than Fozzie and they just go bonkers together, while Fluver is about 4 and more laid back like Heidi. So the group dynamics really work.

As I always like to end these updates is with big heartfelt thank you to Arda and the gang for doing what you do every day! You are truly special people.

Attached Files

#25 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

Wow Fozzie is HUGE!! How nice that there are 2 Great Pyrs down the street for them to play with! What a great family picture! Thanks for the update on Fozzie and Heidi, we always like to hear how they are doing.
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#26 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:34 PM

They are gorgeous! The picture of Fozzin in the snow is great! Looks like he is waiting for you to put down the camera and join him!

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#27 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:21 PM

Beautiful pictures of all of you, so glad everything is going well, what happy dogs and how nice having some doggie friends down the street to play with. Thanks for the update.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#28 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:43 PM

What a gorgeous family pic :stuart: Both dogs have grown so much since I last saw them and they are truly beautiful. Fozzie looks very chow to me now that he is grown. He certainly got his size from his momma Jenny though :whistling: . Thanks for sharing.
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#29 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:26 AM

Beautiful Pictures:)
Glad they are doing so well...

#30 jdbell

jdbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:15 PM

It has been a very long time since I have posted any updates about Heidi and Fozzie Bear and I apologize because I promised Arda I would provide periodic updates. I am happy to report that both are doing very well. It is hard to believe but Heidi will be 5 yrs old next week and Fozzie just turned 3 yrs this week. Both are incredibly healthy, active and spoiled and we are spoiled to have all their unconditional doggie love.

While we were never able to fully "fix" Heidi and her socialization issues, we have learned what works best for her and just try to avoid putting her in situations that may be too much. Thank goodness though she is well behaved and even affectionate at the vet office and groomer and more importantly ultimately with a few introductions will accept anyone in our lives. It is just those first few intro meetings that can be stressful.

Fozzie on the otherhand is goofy, loving and wants to be everyone's friend. The biggest challenge we have with him is trying to make him understand when we are out on walks that not all other dogs may want to be his friend and most humans unlike dogs do not enjoy having a nose jammed up their butt. Seriously he can lift people off their feet!

Thank you again for doing what you do and giving all these wonderful furballs a second chance!

The Bells

#31 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

Thank you for the update on Heidi and Fozzie. Even though you haven't been able to fully fix Heidi, she has a loving home with people who have learned how to deal with her issues. And that is what counts. :He He: Fozzie sounds like a whole lot of fun! :sorcerer:
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Darlin' Darcy - CGC
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC
SCD's Liddle Diddles - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
SCD's One Cool Dude (7/05-4/10)
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)
Sheeba (BYB) (11/82-4/93)

#32 dayzimae

dayzimae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:00 AM

Just read through the whole section since I wasn't familiar with the two dogs. What beautiful animals! and how much joy they must bring to you. I loved the mental picture of the unrolled toilet paper mentioned previously. And the picture of Fozzie in the snow is too precious. He looks like he loves every moment he finds himself in. :sorcerer:
Rene (short for Marion Irene)

Love me, love my dog(s) (cats and goats)

If possible, live peaceably with all creatures

#33 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:01 AM

I like the unrolled toilet paper too. SOUNDS JUST LIKE HOME.
Nice pictures.
Nancy

"Until one has LOVED AN ANIMAL, part of
their SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"

"
Yesterday is "HISTORY", Today is a "GIFT" and Tomorrow is a "MYSTERY"

"Always always try to be the" BEST YOU CAN BE"

Do not walk in front of me - I may not follow.
Do not walk behind me - I may not lead.
But walk beside me - and be my friend.

May you always have Love to Share
Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

Forever locked in my Heart

"I CARRY YOUR HEARTS IN MY HEART"........FOREVER

My "WHITE ANGEL".....Sweet sweet Schaudeh
4/17/1999...............5/14/2013
My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009
My "Miks Von Rom Mateese"