38 replies to this topic

#21 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:24 PM

Already gotten the rear nips Daisy! I am working on breaking that habit - she does it when she gets excited too and wants your attention. Maggs used to do it for the first week but after hearing the word No a finger pointing to him he stopped. And yes, she is fitting in - like we were all meant to be together - she even cuddled with Maggs and I last night for an hour before bed (yes, on the bed). Thanks for the info!
Stacie
"Qui me amat, amat et canem meum" (Love me, love my dog)
The more people I meet the more I like my dog
"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience"
-Woodrow Wilson
"Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate in their object-relations."
-Sigmund Freud

#22 duboisdobes

duboisdobes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:35 AM

Yes, it's me again basking in all my glory! These two were meant to be together! It was way too hot for us to stay at Jared's football practice so I took them up the pd station to meet all of my husbands co-workers. She is not afraid of uniforms - which is good - wouldn't want her biting daddy in the behind (even though he needs it sometimes). They are inseparable - she follows him, he follows her and I think she is starting to like me some - at least she wiggles her behind when she sees me now! Well, that is the evening edition of Lilo's new beg. I will back tomorrow with another update and I will try to wait until the evening! It's so hard to stay off this website - I love reading about everyone and their babies and I love talking about mine!

OK - I see Brownstown and Station...is your husband a Brownstown Police Officer? If so - small world, my husband works for Woodhaven PD.

#23 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:40 AM

Congratulations Stacie!
What a beautiful, beautiful family!!! (I had my eye on Maggs) I knew he would go very fast!
Looks like you will have your hands full with that handsome guy & georgous Lileigh!!!
Good thing you have such a great helper/trainer by your side! :P
Love your pics!

Enjoy them!!!!

Sydneysmom

It's kind of funny how we found Maggs. My husband told me if we were to get another dog after our boxer passed it would be a dobie. On Wed. he and my son found Maggs and Moose on petfinders, but didn't tell me. The next morning I was doing a random search with no intention of getting a dog (we both thought that it was too fast after 2 weeks of our other baby passing) but I found Maggs and Moose too. It was a tough decision but I sent Dr. Karen an email and she called me a few hours later. I called my husband and told him and he seemed a bit excited but still hesitant. Friday we went to meet him and as you all know he came home with us. He was with us for a matter of seconds and I knew he was meant to be with us!! Now I only hope that someone adopts Moose - I have been watching his post on petfinders with the hopes to see adopted next to his name. Anyhow, both of our babies are great!!
"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience"
-Woodrow Wilson
"Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate in their object-relations."
-Sigmund Freud

#24 Sydneysmom

Sydneysmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:46 PM

It's kind of funny how we found Maggs. My husband told me if we were to get another dog after our boxer passed it would be a dobie. On Wed. he and my son found Maggs and Moose on petfinders, but didn't tell me. The next morning I was doing a random search with no intention of getting a dog (we both thought that it was too fast after 2 weeks of our other baby passing) but I found Maggs and Moose too. It was a tough decision but I sent Dr. Karen an email and she called me a few hours later. I called my husband and told him and he seemed a bit excited but still hesitant. Friday we went to meet him and as you all know he came home with us. He was with us for a matter of seconds and I knew he was meant to be with us!! Now I only hope that someone adopts Moose - I have been watching his post on petfinders with the hopes to see adopted next to his name. Anyhow, both of our babies are great!!

You can always 'feel' when it is right!

We lost our Kody (15yr old Chocolate Lab) 4 yrs ago. After that we were going to wait a year before getting another one. Well in 3 months we had Sydney. I am ALWAYS looking !
About 3 years ago, we applied for one at SCD he was 1/2 Dobe 1/2 Rott - like Sydney.
He came from Atlanta w/heartworm. His name was Hans big handsome gentle boy!
We were going to see him the next weekend and that week, my husband was told he had to get (more) surgery on his leg (he had a blood infection), so having a new dog in the house was not good timing! There were IVs and nurses coming & going.
I was heartbroken!
In the meantime I look almost every day!
I know when the time is right we will have another one!!!

I am very happy for you!! You sound like such a great mom!!!

#25 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:36 PM

So, I went to download the pictures of the kids that I have been taking - them playing and running around the yard to find that my son took my memory card and used it to make skateboarding videos which in turn deleted all the really cute pictures I had! ;) So, I guess you will all have to wait another day or so for the furkid pics. Today was an early to rise day again - she likes to be up and out early and lets you know when that time is. She is such a darling and very willing to explore on her own now - mostly at my feet though - uh-oh.... I feel another velcro baby coming my way - that will just devastate the boys. Maybe they will want to try again with a third :P ! These two are enjoying the nice evening in the yard while I sit out here on the laptop watching them. She def. is protective of her house and yard and now Magnum is following suit. Girls rule the roost here now! Of course, if there was any doubt before from the hubby's friends, they all found out different Sunday when I came home with our new baby girl! Funny - everyone thought I was talking about an actual baby when I told them about her. So, Lilo made it up a flight of stairs last night with lots of coaxing (I had to carry her down thought). We were very proud of her because you could tell it made her a bit uneasy but when she hit the top and got a goody and loving for it she was all good! Well, that is it for now - I am gonna leash up and go for a walk with the kids. Pics. are coming soon (as long as the boy doesn't make his silly videos on my memory card)!!!
-Woodrow Wilson
-Sigmund Freud

#26 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:57 AM

Well, it's been almost a week and Lilo is starting to show her true colors. At first she was very unsure of all the affection - she would stand there very stiff as if she didn't know if she should be enjoying herself or not. Now she is constantly bumping butts with Magnum for the attention, but wiggling and all! She also is getting into a bit of trouble - yesterday she decided to dig a hole in my flower bed - I caught her in action - funnier part - Magnum was watching and when he saw me he kept looking back and forth from her to me like OOOOHHHH you're in trouble!!! Not too long after that she thought it would be nice to trample and try to eat the other end of my flower bed - which she found out very quickly on both that momma isn't gonna let her do that! She has had one accident in the house which would be my husbands fault since I wasn't home and he was. I found it when I got home and of course she wasn't caught in action so all I could do was show her the wee-wee spot and tell her NO and then let them both outside. She is wicked when it comes to toys and Magnum - she is forever going for whatever he has in his mouth and always ends up with it! They do get along very well and are constantly playing or sleeping! She is starting to come to her name and is getting the whole aspect of sitting when she is told. I am going to start doing some training with her on the leash and am sure she is gonna pick it up fast. She has going up stairs down to a tee - just not going down them. She is a complete joy and fits in so well with our family!
-Woodrow Wilson
-Sigmund Freud

#27 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:22 AM

Ok, NOW she knows shes HOME!!!
Is really being a normal PUPPY!!! The fun is starting...
Im sure she will keep you all busy... :0)

Daisy

#28 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:12 AM

So, it has been almost 2 years for Magnum and Lilo. They now have 2 more furkids to play with - a 7pd pom and my chunky 13pd. chi boy. I cannot tell you all enough how wonderful they all are. Magnum - my gentle giant - has a heart the size of the world. He loves everyone and everything and is the biggest cuddlebug. He plays so well with the chi boy and it amazes me at how gentle he is with him. He is my everything and I couldn't imagine not having him as part of my family. Lilo - oh my - Arda - you would be amazed at how far she has come along - no fear what so ever of people and unconditionally trust us in every situation. It took us some time to get her to be that way but wow what an amazing little girl. And such a Daddy's girl (to think that she would submissive pee because she was so afraid of him at first). She follows him everywhere begging for his undivided attention (which he is a sucker for and gives no matter what). The big guys love their walks and trips to the pet store. And they love playdates. Darwin is their bestest dobie buddy (he is doing amazing as well) and to mention his name they both perk up like where is he - we wanna play! Everyone comments on how well behaved they are and of course how beautiful they are too! I just wanted you all to know that they are both doing wonderfully and as soon as I have some spare time (what is that) I will post some of the latest and greatest photos of all the furkids - I even have a cute video of Mag and the chi playing (or I should say of the chi giving mag the business).
-Woodrow Wilson
-Sigmund Freud

#29 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:38 AM

It's so great to hear great and happy news. I am so glad all is going so wonderful.
mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#30 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:02 AM

I want pics!!!!!
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#31 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:01 PM

Yes we need pictures! :P

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#32 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:04 PM

Great update and happy news!!
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#33 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:17 AM

Hard to believe it's been 2 years since we added Lilo to our family. She was such a rimmer when we first got her and so very destructive. Glad she has grown out of that or learned not to be that way. When we first adopted her it was my intention for her to be the hubby's dog which didn't work very well as to the fact she was afraid of him and would have nothing to do with him. Well, now she is his shadow - wherever he goes she is right by his side. There were many times I thought he was going to return her (after she ate his workboots, Jared's insulin pump, the couch just to name a few) but he hung on and now he has a companion for life. Her big brother, Magnum, is still the center of her funtimes and she has even accepted the chi and pom as part of the pack...but of course she is second in command of the pack next to me. She gets the uncontollable wiggles every time someone comes home and yes, she still gets so excited that she doesn't know what to do so she nips your rear or has to find something to put in her mouth. She loves to go for rides in the car and gets extra excited to go to my work as she knows that Auntie Dory has yummy treats for her and there is lots of lovin coming her way. She is fascinated with my girlfriends baby and when we go on walks she stays right stroller and watches him like a hawk (gives him lots of kisses too). Still very afraid of fireworks but is getting prepared to get her CGC with a few of the Golden's that I have been working with along with some of our trainers at work. The same lady who did Magnum's will be doing hers who happens to be a trainer at the store (yeah for us). All in all we have been so blessed with our furkids and wouldn't know what to do w/o them. SCD gave us such wonderful family additions - thank you to all of you who made it happen. I have pictures - I have just been super swamped to download them to the computer and post - I'm lucky to find the time to post let alone do all that jazz. I promise once racing season is over and I'm not trying to prepare to go out of town every weekend while working full time in between that I will get them up.
-Woodrow Wilson
-Sigmund Freud

#34 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:28 AM

Congratulation Lilo on your two year anniversary. I remember the day you went home with mommy Stacie
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#35 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:07 PM

Congratulations on your anniversary! :santa: Good luck with the CGC too.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#36 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:14 PM

Congratulations, Stacie, and your entire family, two-legged and four-legged, on the anniversary of adopting Lilo. Sounds like you had your work cut out for you, but once again, love and kindness, training and lots of patience paid off, and you have a wonderful Dobergirl.

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#37 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:18 PM

Congratulation's on the 2 years and so many changes, all for the good. Good luck with the upcoming CGC test, we will be waiting to hear all about it.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#38 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:31 AM

Congratulations Stacie and Lilo!
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#39 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:27 AM

Happy 2nd Anniversary!! :santa:
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Darlin' Darcy - CGC