37 replies to this topic

#1 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:29 PM

Myles has found a new forever home with us. He's great my son Kyle just loves him. Dakota is trying to ignore him. He slept the entire time it took us to get back to Mount Clemens. Spent the afternoon with Hubby and the boys as I ran to Port Huron for a Dance Recital. He's not had one accident yet!!! Once my son laid eyes on Myles he said everything he could think of for us to choose him. (We had to tell him a few times yes we are adopting him)He so wants to be a part of Myles training. I think he's just so happy that maybe this dog will sleep in his room when we get to the new house. Our Sam snored and Dakota is to much of a mama's girl to sleep in his room. Kevin took pictures so maybe he will get the chance to post them. I will get some of all of us once Myles gets a bath. The Bookman family wants to THANK ARDA So much for our new addition. Dakota is actually eating I think because she doesn't want Myles to eat it :D

Kelly
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#2 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:36 PM

Yippee!!! I know he'll be an awesome guy for you!!! So tail or no tail??? That is the question... :D

Bath?!?!?!? We just gave him one two weeks ago!!! You mean he's NOT still clean!!!! :D I would have been surprised if he stayed clean 5 minutes. HA!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#3 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:19 PM

Yea, Miles! He's such a beautiful color, and such a sweet boy. Kelly and family, congratulations! Tail or no tail, he'll be a wonderful addition to your family - full of energy with such a sweet disposition. I'm so happy for all of you :D Can't wait to see the pictures.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#4 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:24 PM

Congrads Bookman family on your newest family member. Myles was a very happy boy today.

Sorry I'm late with this, but had to take a hours nap before going to work tonight.

Attached Files

#5 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:32 PM

:D aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww Look at that face. He looks so happy to have found his forever home.
Congrats to you and your family!!!

Michelle & Rusty

#6 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

Congrat's to all of you!!!!

Yippie!

Can't wait for updates! :D

The Gray's
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#7 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:37 PM

I figured Kevin had to either get sleep or was at work. No worries about the picture.

The answer to tail or no tail. It no tail :D . He just buttered right up to my mom once she started petting he didn't want her to stop. Dakota and Myles are doing fine. She is still trying to stay away from him but in time they will grow more and more accustomed to each other.

kelly
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#8 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:53 PM

Kelly

I am so happy that you chose Myles. He is one cute dobe, and he looks so happy. I'm sorry that I didn't get to meet you. but hopefully one day we will meet. :D

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#9 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 01:04 PM

Oh that is so cute!!! Kyle's Myles!! :D

Congrats on being able to pick one out, Kelly! I know it's so hard to choose with all those little faces just begging to be picked. Sorry I missed you!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#10 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 01:21 PM

Congratulations Kelly and family, nice picture! :D

Larry

#11 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:51 PM

Big Congrats to Myles & his new family :D :D
Best of luck to all :)
Daisy

#12 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:36 PM

Kyle's Myles!!  :D 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Too cute! :D
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#13 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:45 PM

Congratulations to the Bookman Family on your new addition!

Posted Image
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#14 Deanna

Deanna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:27 PM

What a sweet picture!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on your new addition!

:D

#15 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:02 PM

Just a quick not on Myles before we loose access. He hadn't had an accident untill today. We had gone to my older sisters for Kori to work on her computer and my younger sister and her husband stopped by my moms where Myles was I guess he was sleeping so hard he didn't wake up to pee and peed on my brother in laws foot.

Write more when we get access again

Kelly
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#16 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:52 AM

Hi All
Quick note on Myles then it off to unpack more and more boxes :D . We took him to a Vet in Michigan because his nose was running he perscribed him amoxicillin and something for the sneezing. Well that didn't do anything so now that we are down in Illinois I took him to another Vet and this Vet put him on Antirobe with vanillia yogurt. He goes back in two weeks for a recheck. Wouldn't you know it the receptionist was petting his face after we came out of the exam room and asked me if the we had noticed the bump on Myles right side of his face just about an inch or two under his eye. She said it feels like a beebe pellet, well we are having the vet check that out when we go back. They couldn't believe what a ruff start this poor guy has had and is still such a sweet boy. I said of course he would be with the Swamp Mama's (SCD) intervention. I will let you all know what they say.

Kelly
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#17 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:10 AM

Poor guy--thank Heaven he was rescued by Arda & then you. Please do keep us posted. :D

#18 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 07:41 PM

Hey Arda or anyone who knew Myles. Kori wants to know if this spoiled baby got his way in Arda's house. Oh my goodness he his funny climbs up on the furniture like he owns the place and if your sitting on it where he wants to sit, he sits on you. Climbs in bed with us we tell him off and most times have to push him out of our bed. He will climb up in our bed in the middle of the night and just flop on and where ever he wants. Kori says Arda must have let him sleep with her. ( I dont think so) Swamp Mama you couldn't have showed us a more suitable dog for our family. We all still miss Sam very much. Myles has really made a difference with Kori. We both spend time trying to build up Myles muscles me I play tug a war with him. Kori takes him out back and throws the ball, Myles gets about five feet from Kori and drops it, he looks at Kori like you want to throw it come get it. If you read this and have time Arda could you let me know what would be a good weight for Myles. When I took him back to the vet Monday he weight was 51. You saw Dakota she's thick however the vet keeps telling me her weight is fine. Myles will run her into better shape. Its so great to just stand there and watch the to nuts play tag. Myles will stand in one spot for the longest time and then just pounce on her. One time he took off after her in a dead run tried to jump over her and she took him down guess she was tired of tag.

Kelly
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#19 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:19 PM

I'm so glad you guys are enjoying Myles so much, Kelly...he sounds like a wonderful boy!! :D

A good reference for judging whether a dog is in good weight or not is to place your thumbs along their backbone and wrap your hands down the sides along the barrel. You should be able to feel the ribs but not see them. Once you've reached this stage, you'll get a better idea of what his ideal weight should be. If you have to dig for ribs, go easy on the food until he sheds a pound or two then up it a tad for maintanence. If you can see ribs when the dog is just standing there, he needs to fatten up a bit. :D
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#20 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:54 PM

Mandy
You can still see hip bones, shoulder blades not so much the ribs. He needs to put on muscle there still is much to him maybe he just looks to dang skinny still. I'll see if Kori has dug out the cord to transfer the pictures from the camera to the computer yet and get some of Myles.
Dakota and Myles's Mom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users