41 replies to this topic

#21 Sydneysmom

Sydneysmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:21 PM

This is not about Sydney, she is very independent, when I need her to be.

My last dog Kody - a Chocolate Lab was around 8 or 9 when my husband & I went out to Washington State to
work at Boeing. It was supposed to be for only a few months - which turned into a year.
Well Kody - was my little sweet soul! One of the best dogs EVER! As easy going as they come.
Well I knew staying with my mom she would be fine, well taken care of lots of love & plenty of walks, by the whole family!
When we came back home and moved into our new house Kody would NEVER let me out of her sight!
She followed me everywhere and constantly had to know where I was.
I could leave her in the house alone, it wasn't seperation anxiety. It was, in my thoughts,
she NEVER wanted us to leave her again.

Maybe Drake was abondonded somewhere. When he knows he is part of the pack and belongs,
hopefully he will not need the attention he is demanding.
I agree with what everyone is saying about the training and rewards, also.

#22 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:00 AM

How are things going with Drake, Melissa? :sorcerer:
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#23 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:40 PM

Hi Mandy, thanks for asking.
Drake did not have his surgery as scheduled yesterday.
My daughter has been to the dr and in and out of hospitals for nearly 12 days now.
I haven't said anything to anyone.
she has extremely large lymph nodes in her neck and 104.8 temps and kidney stones and a cyst on her ovary that has ruptured she is 11 years old. We did find out that it is NOT leukemia.
she is currently taking morphine by shot twice per day by our dr., also some other narcotics. Nothing is curing her nor are the 5 different antibiotics we have tried. She has surgery on Monday and a biopsy.
I chose not to post on this board about this earlier, but I guess If I have friends anywhere, it is HERE.
I haven't worked In 11 days. and I have next week off as well.
she has something wrong that 6 dr.s cannot figure out.
After Monday we will know for sure, and if they can't find anything here, we have to see a dr. who specializes in rare disease somewhere in Toledo.
Reading these posts have kept me going here. Gave me a laugh or two and that's why I didn't say anything. I wanted this to be my 'safe haven' so to speak.
I haven't slept in days, I am and look worn out. But who cares about me? Only HER.
Just everyone pray for her and I will update when possible!!
Melissa K.

#24 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:48 PM

I'm sorry Melissa; I went through something similar when one of my sons was very young. It's horrible I know; the worry and frustration of not being able to find out right away what the problem is was awful; then, once correctly diagnosed finding the right medication was another nightmare. I truly understand. I'll be thinking and praying for you and your daughter. Kids are amazing and can take a lot. My son is fine now and doesn't even seem to remember while I'm still a neurotic if either one of them so much as gets a runny nose. Just remember to take care of yourself too.

#25 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 04:54 PM

Melissa -

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. When it's your child, it's really tough to take. Like Vicki said: take care of yourself. You need to be strong for your daughter . . . somehow. Please let us know how you two are doing. I'm crossing everything I own for a good result.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#26 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:04 PM

Melissa,
We will be praying for your family. My little brother was sick when he was born. It took them almost a month to find out what was wrong, and we came pretty close to losing him, BUT they did figure it out eventually, and he had to have three surgeries, but he is a big healthy man now, age 23. I cannot even imagine how scared you must be. We will keep praying. Hard.

Sarah

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#27 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:25 PM

Melissa, Like everyone else has said, please keep us posted and you and your daughter and family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself while you are taking care of her. Hopefully you will have answers soon. Take care.
If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." -- Mark Twain

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. -Roger Caras

#28 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:42 PM

Melissa, you and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers. You have to take good care of you to be there for your daughter.
Please, take care of yourself and keep us posted

Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#29 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:48 PM

Everyone's prayers worked for my family the past 2 weeks....sending lots your way :sorcerer:
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#30 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:20 PM

Today we had a good day.
Only on oxycodone at 6 a.m. and 6 pm and darvocet in between.
You guys are making tears slide down my face, as I am breaking down.
this is so hard on me as a mother and as what to do for my daughter.
I just keep praying/hoping for the best.
Her swelling is unbelievable in her neck and she looks deformed.
But she has such a great composure and taking it better than I could I think.
Her little tiny scrawny arms look like little pin cushions, from all of the IV's and shots, etc.
You guys are great.
Karen-- you are right..............
Thanks you guys and gals.........
Melissa K.

Oh--you are wondering about Drake as well!
Drake......he is taking the command "off" really well!
It has been working.
We have him rescheduled in 2 weeks, when hopefully things are better here.

#31 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:12 PM

Melissa
you are in my thoughts and prayers. God will bless you and yours. Take care of yourself so you can be strong for your daughter.
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#32 twodognite

twodognite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 07:36 AM

Melissa,
Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.
I know you have a bunch of Drs looking at her, but Bonnie wants to know if they ruled out Lyme Disease?
That is one powerful disease and attacks in many different ways when undetected.

Along with the rash, a person may experience flu-like symptoms such as swollen lymph nodes, fatigue, headache, and muscle aches. Left untreated, symptoms of the initial illness may go away on their own. But in some people, the infection can spread to other parts of the body. Symptoms of this stage of Lyme disease usually appear within several weeks after the tick bite, even in someone who has not developed the initial rash. The person may feel very tired and unwell, or may have more areas of rash that aren't at the site of the bite.

http://www.revolutio...tion=section_00

We hope your daughter is better soon.

Tom & Bonnie

#33 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:43 AM

as far as I know they have NOT tested her for lyme disease.
Here are symptoms.
Severe and I mean Severe back pain.
Swollen lymph glands in neck.
Has a low grade fever for 12 days. High fever for 2 days (104.8)
Ruptured ovarian cysts.
Kidney stones.
they have tested her for cat scratch disease, but no results back yet as apparently that test takes forever to get back.
Muscle aches.
headache
nausea has gone away pretty much.
Kidneys are fine, so is bladder, and ever other organ their is.
WBC count is doubled.

Melissa K.

#34 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 02:22 PM

Melissa, your family is my thoughts. I hope they figure out what is going on very soon.

Lisa, Kenny & Drive By Licker.
For the love of K.A.T.
Kenny, Akina (R.I.P.) & Tanner

#35 Sydneysmom

Sydneysmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:28 AM

Melissa,
I am so sorry to hear about your daughter! You and you family are in my prayers.
It is so difficult and frustrating not to get answers while she is going through this!
We had terrible problems with my niece, years ago not getting a diagnoses of problems she was having.
She had RSD and no one even knew what it was. Reflex Sympathy Disease - she is fine, now with therapy.
God will send you the right Dr to give you all the answers! Keep the faith.
Stay strong and healthy for your daughter, your family and for yourself.

Karla

#36 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:11 PM

First, I would like to thank each and everyone of you who have given support/advice to us.
We have surgery on her tomorrow at 8:10 a.m. I will post when I can.
She had a fairly good day, but very worried about tomorrow. She has been such a trooper, she'll do fine I am sure!!

Second, I would like to say, the "off" command has been working wonderful with Drake, he seems to respect and back off.
He is wonderful, glad we got him, he really loves all of us alot and has no mean bones in his body.

I'll post when I can about my daughter, thanks to all of you for the prayers, I am sure they will help her out!!
Melissa, Bill & Family

#37 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:03 AM

My daughter does not have cat scratch disease.
so now we are on plan 2, and I won't find out what that is until this afternoon.

#38 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:06 AM

Melissa,

Just read your posts this am. Know that you & your family are in my prayers & thoughts. Don't know who said this but, sometimes it helps: I believe you can keep going, long after you think you can't.

#39 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:58 AM

Melissa,
I am so sorry to hear about your daughter, thoughts/prayers
are with her & your family that they find out what is causing her
illness soon..

Take Care

Daisy

#40 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:32 PM

Melissa,

I just read these posts & I am praying that everything goes well for your daughter. Please let us know (when you can find the time) how she is doing. Take care of you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users