139 replies to this topic

#61 Reidfamily

Reidfamily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:28 PM

I can't seem to get the attachments to load. Will try later.

Attached Files

#62 Reidfamily

Reidfamily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:37 AM

Sky and Max are playing more. She is very happy to have a big brother. We're hoping all of her personality rubs off on him and he calms down a bit. Has there been a date picked yet for the reunion in the fall?

#63 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:58 AM

I love Max's tail. It reminds me of an Alaskan malamute my Aunt used to have. How cute!

Edited by doberpagegirl, 17 April 2008 - 12:44 PM.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#64 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

What a beautiful pair of dogs you have!!
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#65 Reidfamily

Reidfamily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:05 PM

Six month update.

Sky has topped out at 59 pounds and is as playful as ever. Her favorite is to be outside or on our weekend hikes through the park. She was recently invited to a barbeque and was such a lady, she became an ambassador for dobes since the folks there had preconceived notions about the breed that she shattered. We can't make it around the block or through our park walk without someone stopping us to pet her or talk about her.

She is quite the hunter with dad and has 22 moles and 1 squirrel notches on her collar though she DOES NOT like guns at all. Any sun spot will do and no other dogs are allowed in her yard. She will be on her first vacation up north at the campground next week and we're excited to see what she will do in the water.

Here are some recent pics for your enjoyment.

Attached Files

#66 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:42 PM

Welcome to the 'Tiny Dobe' club. :devil: (I get picked on because my kids all run on the small side.)

Sky looks beautiful. She looks like she's so proud of her yard and she's definitely on the lookout for moles!!

Thanks for the updates.
For the love of K.A.T.
Kenny, Akina (R.I.P.) & Tanner

#67 dobbiehearted

dobbiehearted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

Beautiful girl !!!! so pretty and happy looking.. just the way it should be..........
My Beloved Lexa (April 1998 --Jan 2008)
My Cherished Loki -SCD ( May 2008- August 2012) *
http://www.secondcha...ic=6378&hl=loki
Baby Koda

#68 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:45 PM

Thank you for the update and pictures of Sky. She looks like a beauty! We're looking forward to pictures from her vacation!! Where abouts 'up north' are you going on vacation? (Just curious being as how we live in northern Michigan).
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

-Mark Twain-

#69 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:03 PM

Maybe Sky would like to vacation at my mole-filled yard :devil: . I'm sure she could show my girls a thing or two on how to keep them under control. She sure is a beauty :)
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#70 Reidfamily

Reidfamily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:08 AM

Hey to everyone-

We're back from camping and, as usual, Sky was a beauty. The camper is small but she fit right in (pun intended)! The campground was quite crowded during both weekends and it seems each person there had a dog. It's a small campground in Sears, MI with about 100 sites. They know us there but it was the first time they had met Sky. She didn't make any new canine friends though she tried. She drove the other dogs into a frenzy each time we took her around for a walk (3-4 times/day) but she made many new human friends.

She waded into the water at the shore but never went deep. We took her on the pontoon for her first ride. She was nervous but took it all in. We anchored out in about 20' so the David's could swim. They dove off the front and came up the side ladder over and over. She watched very intently and made sure they were coming back into the boat or made sure she knew where they were in the water. Before I knew it she took a running jump off the front right after her dad! The look on her face was precious when she came up....ploop, ploop go the giant feet not built for swimming. But dad was right there and guided her around to the ladder and I pulled her in and dried her off. She stayed far away from the pontoon doors after that! Needless to say, I didn't get a pic of the moment....though it would have been priceless.

She didn't care much for being tethered to a lead when outside of the camper since she usually has free roam of the yard at home but the door of the camper has a lower screen and her bed was right there so she had full view of passers by. She might be little but her growl is all business. I didn't take one pic all week but the guys did so I'll have to check if there are any suitable for posting ;-)

Til next time....

#71 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

She waded into the water at the shore but never went deep. We took her on the pontoon for her first ride. She was nervous but took it all in. We anchored out in about 20' so the David's could swim. They dove off the front and came up the side ladder over and over. She watched very intently and made sure they were coming back into the boat or made sure she knew where they were in the water. Before I knew it she took a running jump off the front right after her dad! The look on her face was precious when she came up....ploop, ploop go the giant feet not built for swimming. But dad was right there and guided her around to the ladder and I pulled her in and dried her off. She stayed far away from the pontoon doors after that! Needless to say, I didn't get a pic of the moment....though it would have been priceless.

You handled it better than me. Page did that same thing the first time we had her on a pontoon and I panicked, screamed and dove in after her. I do not dive into water, ever. My sister was with me and she was highly amused. I was too scared to be amused, and Page was wearing a life jacket, so I really was overreacting. Thanks for sharing that, it brought back a lot of good memories for me. I'm glad you had such a nice vacation with Sky.

SCD's Stone Soup

#72 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:27 AM

Sounds like Sky had a wonderful vacation with your family! Hoping to see some pictures!

Sarah, I loved the story about Page, thanks for sharing it with us!
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

-Mark Twain-

#73 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:39 AM

Before I knew it she took a running jump off the front right after her dad! The look on her face was precious when she came up....ploop, ploop go the giant feet not built for swimming.

I've posted these before but Bella did the same thing when we were up at Dog Scout camp one year... of course, the only difference is that we were calling her to get her to jump off Attached File  troop_outing_2004_08_paddle_boat_1.jpg   25.78KB   2 downloads

but she too doesn't swim well even with the life jacket on...Attached File  troop_outing_2004_08_bella_swimming.jpg   33.2KB   2 downloads
I had to help her keep her head above water once she got close enough...

doesn't stop her though... she loves to jump in...

Edited by jmnodwell, 16 July 2008 - 07:39 AM.

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#74 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

Welcome to the 'Tiny Dobe' club. :devil: (I get picked on because my kids all run on the small side.)

I think I need to join this club, too. Natasha is 59 pounds. She is estimated to be about a year and a half old, so she may grow a little more but not much, I think. I've gotten used to people asking me, when I'm out at a park walking her, "Young one, huh?" They assume she's still a puppy. I tell her that some day she'll be glad to look younger than her true age.

To the Reid family: I've just read this whole thread and I want to say how happy I am for you that your boy, Max, was returned home. It's not often that we hear a happy ending to a story like that. And Sky is absolutely beautiful, though I may be a little partial because she bears a strong resemblance to Natasha.

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#75 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:27 PM

Sounds like Sky had a great vacation, swimming and all. These poor Dobes with their deep chest, either can swim good or sink like a rock. Probably always good to have the life jacket on or keep them close at hand. My first Dobe, loved the water, but, usually just did the wading thing, but, loved to bite at the waves.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#76 Reidfamily

Reidfamily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:48 PM

Well, in two months, it'll be our one year Sky anniversary. Is SCD having a reunion this year? I checked the calendar but didn't see anything. Here is a couple of pics.

Attached File  100_3543.JPG   1.05MB   1 downloads
Scanning, scanning, ready to launch mode

Attached File  100_3528.JPG   1.59MB   2 downloads
Here she is telling the mole to STAY!

#77 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:02 PM

Oh my God, I Love It! Telling the mole to stay. She sure looks great.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#78 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:37 PM

Another DoberHunter, they sure do love to hunt things down. What a cute picture, and Sky looks great and very happy. Happy Anniversary!!!
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#79 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:24 PM

Sky looks like she is having a good old time! Happy Anniversary!!!!
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#80 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:10 PM

The picture with the mole is too cute. Happy Anniversary to you and Sky!

SCD's Stone Soup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users