124 replies to this topic

#41 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:39 AM

It's okay Jen. We love you even with the stuttering :)

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#42 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:41 AM

I just looked the directions up on Mapquest, and it'll only take me around 25-30 minutes to get there from Windsor. What I'm thinking is, I can always go for a couple of hours IF needed on both Saturday and Sunday. The only bull part, is toll at the bridge...darn country boundary lines!!! :) HAHAHA
Anyhoo, I'll talk w/hubby, and figure out exact times to volunteer, and let you know, Cheryl, ok?
Ciao!

#43 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:56 AM

Is anyone available on Friday besides Ella and I (and I'm not sure about Ella!) :)

If we do Friday, I have a card table. We will be set up outside the store so the dogs are going to be on CEMENT. If you have a rug or something for them to lay on that would be nice. I'll bring something for my two beasts to lay on if they behave!

What we forgot last weekend was plastic bags for poop scooping. How could THAT ever have happened? hahaha!

Kevin, is there a way that I can get the books and brochures for Friday? As it stands now I'm seriously considering telling Ted that we can't do Friday, but that Saturday and Sunday are GREAT! What do you all think?

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#44 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:00 AM

Oh for sure we will be stopping by Saturday and I know I can help with set up or if you need my card table or chairs. Let me know!!! It's just that I have to go home to meet the company that's coming over. Then I'll try to drag them to the meet and greet at least for a bit. I'm planning on going over to Pet Supplies Plus today so if Ted is there I will ask what he can provide for us over there.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#45 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:48 PM

Okay, I went and talked to Ted at Pet Supplies Plus in Canton and he was so happy to hear that there will be a good turn out for the weekend! He said it should be "pretty crazy" around there with the grand reopening. I also told him that Friday is a "maybe". He said the best time for Friday would really be 2-6 if anyone was to come because it would catch the rush hour traffic, etc. Ella, would that be a better time for you or worse?

Mary said she could hold Tango's leash for me on Friday, so I'm all but certain that I'm going. This way I can concentrate on Tiki who doesn't like moving objects like cars. I just need to know if you are coming, Ella, because Princess it the real star of the show. What a crowd pleaser and conversation starter that girl is!!! Besides, if mine don't work out ... they can be such pills ... Princess will still be there!

Ted said he would have a table for us. One of those 4x10 he thought. I'm attaching a picture of the store. It is directly across from Target. Right across the street.

Kevin, should I just skip the books for Friday? I've got some brochures printed here from before that I corrected the price in. I've got fifty of them. None of those others that Joni printed up though. What do you think?

Jane

Attached Files

Edited by dobeluvr, 17 May 2005 - 01:53 PM.

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#46 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:38 PM

None of those others that Joni printed up though.  What do you think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jane if you're anywhere close to Dearborn Heights, we can get together on Thursday night and I can get you some of the other flyers...

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#47 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:49 PM

Jane if you're anywhere close to Dearborn Heights, we can get together on Thursday night and I can get you some of the other flyers...

Joni,

Larry works in Allen Park and leaves work between 6:30-7:00pm. Would that work out for you? If so pm me an address where he could meet you on Thursday night! :) YAY!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#48 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:13 PM

Cheryl, can you post the list of who is coming on what day with which dogs thus far?

Kevin, are you putting anything else in the tote for the meet and greet events besides the books and banner and brochures?

We need a list of who is bringing what on what days so that all the water doesn't show up on one day and none the next, etc. This could either be planned as one very large event or three small ones. If we break up into smaller groups then the people who will attend on those days can converse between themselves to ensure that everything is covered for that particular day. How does that sound? If any group finds that they need something that only another group has, they can then make arrangements with that other group to get it. Each group will then be responsible for making sure all arrangements are taken care of for their day.

(How would you like to live inside my head? It's always a mess in the process of being organized in there. :))

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#49 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:58 PM

I can be there most of the afternoon on Saturday, depending on how Harley's doing... It's Sunday I can't stay past 1:00 or so... I'll have some things to get done around the house and will be gone most of the day on Saturday...  Everyone knows how it goes...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:P Sorry Joni. My notes are correct now as to when you said you are available. That's pretty embarrassing for being the administrator! Please don't fire me yet! :)
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#50 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:01 PM

Jennymay

Have you started to stutter? your post is in there three times. LOL

Ella

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:LOL: :) :P
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#51 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:02 PM

So are you planning on coming on Sunday??? or later on Saturday???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll be there on Sunday only - all day, including set up.

-Arda Barber

#52 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:04 PM

It's okay Jen.  We love you even with the stuttering :)

Ella

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and cursing. :P

-Arda Barber

#53 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:05 PM

I just looked the directions up on Mapquest, and it'll only take me around 25-30 minutes to get there from Windsor.  What I'm thinking is, I can always go for a couple of hours IF needed on both Saturday and Sunday.  The only bull part, is toll at the bridge...darn country boundary lines!!!  :)  HAHAHA
Anyhoo, I'll talk w/hubby, and figure out exact times to volunteer, and let you know, Cheryl, ok?
Ciao!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Otay CC!

DC

-Arda Barber

#54 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:46 PM

Jane - is it my understanding then that Ted will provide a table (4x10) for our use on Fri, Sat, & Sun? Is it possible to just keep all of the SCD brochures, flyers, etc. with Ted on Friday so that we don't have to worry about getting this stuff to the appropriate person for Sat and then again for Sun?

According to the notes that I have taken thus far, and please anyone correct me if I am wrong, here is what I have for help:

FRIDAY (2 pm - 6 pm)
Ella and the lovely Princess are a maybe

Jane and Tiki for sure with Mary to assist with Tango (2 pm - 6 pm)

SATURDAY (Noon - 4 pm)
Joni and Mr. Harley (no set up, should arrive by noon. How long they stay will depend on Mr. Harley)

Kathye & Kevin are a maybe with Titan (if the gentle giant is still available), Bubbles (Arda's boy), RJ (Cocoa's look alike), and a clean white (if that's at all possible)

Jane, Larry, and Kids (that's Tiki & Tango) (can be there for set up and to work for a while before company arrives)

Jen (AKA "CC") and Brodyman are a maybe

SUNDAY (Noon - 4 pm)
Cheryl and Princess Cocoa Phantom (all day, including set up)

Jane and Larry with T & T (not dynamite) (all day, including set up)

Joni & possibly Harley (can help with set up, can't stay past 1 or so)

Jen (Proud Mum) and Cocoa's boy are a maybe

-Arda Barber

#55 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:29 PM

With hubby's birthday on Friday and being scheduled to work all weekend, I won't be able to help.....but Chyna and Ruby are available if you guys need them :)
Karen
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#56 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:29 PM

Cheryl,

Kevin stopped by with the books and banner and said to tell you that he is a sure thing on Saturday. Sunday will still be a maybe.

Great tracking!!! WOW! :)

Tango and Tiki just got their baths for Friday. They are feeling pretty, and pretty gregarious after their scrub!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#57 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:43 PM

Come chat.

-Arda Barber

#58 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:02 PM

Jane - is it my understanding then that Ted will provide a table (4x10) for our use on Fri, Sat, & Sun?  Is it possible to just keep all of the SCD brochures, flyers, etc. with Ted on Friday so that we don't have to worry about getting this stuff to the appropriate person for Sat and then again for Sun?

According to the notes that I have taken thus far, and please anyone correct me if I am wrong, here is what I have for help:

FRIDAY (2 pm - 6 pm)

Jane and Tiki for sure with Mary to assist with Tango (2 pm - 6 pm)

SATURDAY (Noon - 4 pm)
Joni and Mr. Harley (no set up, should arrive by noon.  How long they stay will depend on Mr. Harley)

Kathye & Kevin are a FOR SURE with Titan (if the gentle giant is still available), Bubbles (Arda's boy), RJ (Cocoa's look alike), and a clean white (if that's at all possible)

Jane, Larry, and Kids (that's Tiki & Tango) (can be there for set up and to work for a while before company arrives)

Jen (AKA "CC") and Brodyman are a maybe

SUNDAY (Noon - 4 pm)
Cheryl and Princess Cocoa Phantom (all day, including set up)

Jane and Larry with T & T (not dynamite) (all day, including set up)

Joni & possibly Harley (can help with set up, can't stay past 1 or so)

Jen (Proud Mum) and Cocoa's boy are a maybe

Kevin, Kathye, and gang are a maybe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-Arda Barber

#59 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:04 PM

Cheryl,

Kevin stopped by with the books and banner and said to tell you that he is a sure thing on Saturday.  Sunday will still be a maybe.

Great tracking!!!  WOW! :)

Tango and Tiki just got their baths for Friday.  They are feeling pretty, and pretty gregarious after their scrub!

Jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay Jane - the schedule modifications have been made! Oh, Tiki and Tango are getting ready for the big event I see. Will they be getting pedicures too?

-Arda Barber

#60 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:06 PM

Okay Jane - the schedule modifications have been made!  Are Kevin & Kathye bringing Swamp Mama on Sat too???

Oh, Tiki and Tango are getting ready for the big event I see.  Will they be getting pedicures too?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-Arda Barber

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users