32 replies to this topic

#21 dobie sunshine

dobie sunshine

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:32 AM

My heart goes out to the both of you, I am so sorry about your loss.
Jackie

#22 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:23 AM

Lori & John

I'm so so sorry to read this. We all know how much Dude meant to you and your pack.
He will be greatly missed by all. Dude was such a sweetheart ,I'm very sorry for your loss.

Run Free Dude Run Free

#23 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:41 AM

John and Lori - I am so sorry. I wish there were words that could help. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#24 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:27 AM

Lori & John,
I'm so sorry about Dude . Big hugs to you guys . You are the best mom and dad , he had a wonderful life with you .
Sleep well Dude .
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#25 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:57 PM

Dear Lori & John,
We are so sorry to hear you lost Dude, he was special doberboy.
He had a wonderful life with you.. Never long enough I know..
Run free Dude... RIP...

Daisy & gang

#26 Michelle R

Michelle R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:32 PM

John and Lori,

I'm so glad Dude got to experience the "good life" with you two. I am glad I was able to meet him at the reunion. My heart is heavy and my eyes are filled with tears, knowing how much you must be suffering from the loss. My thoughts are with you both.

#27 dayzimae

dayzimae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:31 AM

The picture you have posted shows such a kind-hearted soul shining out of those bright, beautiful eyes. I'm sorry you had to make the decision you did, but reading the other posts, I see that you gave this wonderful guy a happy life. And I'm sure he gave you joy in return. Here's hoping for healing hearts soon. :doberman:
Rene (short for Marion Irene)

Love me, love my dog(s) (cats and goats)

If possible, live peaceably with all creatures

#28 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:22 AM

John, Lori, Mick, Darcy and Liddy,

I am so very sorry for your loss....................Dude had a great life with you and he will be missed by all. I can't get that one picture out of my mind...........the one of Dude posing so perfectly in front of the hay bails...........Happy Fall Y'All. I love that picture. What a good sport Dude was. My heart goes out to you...........

CAB
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#29 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

You are in are hearts and prayers

Kelly
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#30 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:37 AM

I can't get that one picture out of my mind...........the one of Dude posing so perfectly in front of the hay bails...........Happy Fall Y'All. I love that picture.

Attached File  Happy_Fall_resize.jpg   136.56KB   5 downloads

Thank you everyone for your condolences, kind words, and prayers in our loss of Dude. He was a special boy. :doberman:
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Darlin' Darcy - CGC
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC
SCD's Liddle Diddles - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
SCD's One Cool Dude (7/05-4/10)
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)
Sheeba (BYB) (11/82-4/93)

#31 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

I still can't believe he's gone. He couldn't have asked for a better life out there in Utopia.
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#32 twodognite

twodognite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:51 PM

Our hearts are heavy tonight. We had to lay Dude to rest this morning. We've known for quite awhile that his hips were pretty bad. He has been on Medicam for the last 2 weeks. This morning he was in quite a lot of pain. At the Vet's office it was determined the best thing we could do for him, was to let him go. Sleep softly sweet Dude.

Here is a link to Dude's New Beginning when we adopted him on July 2, 2005.
http://www.secondcha...n...8&hl=capone

So sorry it took me so long to post, Bonnie told me that Dude had passed, but I just never got around to telling you how sorry we are.
I really liked Dude, he was one regal looking dobe. So sorry he had to leave, but he had a great life while there with you.

Good bye Dude a lot of people will miss you.

Tom & Bonnie

#33 Lori

Lori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:48 AM

I am so sorry for your loss.....

{{{hugs}}} Lori & Sarah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users