4 replies to this topic

#1 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:49 AM

This past Saturday was Lake Orion's lighted night time Christmas parade. Last year it was Blue's party. He had so much fun, was the official greeter and socializer to everyone that came into the house and so enjoyed the parade showing me that at one time he was a valued family member and then was just thrown away. Am sitting here right now teary eyed on how someone could do that to him and selfish that I still don't have my special boy. This year was Cobalt Blue's first party and he had a real hard time with it. Finally got use to the people in the house, but the parade terrified him and we put him in the crate to chill out a bit and it made me sad that no one ever paid any attention and didn't care whether he lived or died until Ella came along. These dogs stories can just rip your heart out some times.

#2 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:34 AM

This past Saturday was Lake Orion's lighted night time Christmas parade.  Last year it was Blue's party. He had so much fun, was the official greeter and socializer to everyone that came into the house and so enjoyed the parade showing me that at one time he was a valued family member and then was just thrown away.  Am sitting here right now teary eyed on how someone could do that to him and selfish that I still don't have my special boy.  This year was Cobalt Blue's first party and he had a real hard time with it.  Finally got use to the people in the house, but the parade terrified him and we put him in the crate to chill out a bit and it made me sad that no one ever paid any attention and didn't care whether he lived or died until Ella came along.  These dogs stories can just rip your heart out some times.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And we are loosing Brandy, lost bronson, lost Shilah, loosing Jade, lost Nevada, lost Coda, lost Tid Bit, lost Marta Mae, Lost Buzzard Bait, and how many others. We loved them all and we gave them our best for the time we had them. I kinda wanted to put a tree up this year but I guess I will run to Flint and pick up another light of life instead. He deserves it too. Mixed emotions at this time of the year. Keep me busy God or I will fall in a heap.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#3 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:48 AM

darn Arda, now I'm really crying!

#4 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:15 PM

Don't cry, Vicki. We have enjoyed our life together. She just ate 2 scrambled eggs, thanks to Kathye's chickens. And part of a can of welfare chicken that someone gave to me because they got too much. It tastes real good. But she needed it more than I do. Don't cry Vicki. Just know that we are all doing everything we can for those we have. We are all a heck of a team. They don't make mountains too high for this group to climb and no task is too big that we can't figure out how to get it done. Look how much we have accomplished in just one year for the love of these great creatures (and some of them have been very sorry looking Dobermanns). Get your head out of your butt and be glad for what we can all do and how much more we can do in the future.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#5 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 01:37 PM

You just crack me up!!! Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users