138 replies to this topic

#21 Thormannix

Thormannix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:25 PM

She looks so happy and content in her new home!! I love seeing the first pictures when the dog has that look on their face!!
She is beautiful and I am so glad that you adopted her.
Stephanie

#22 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:21 PM

Yaay! Congrats to all of you--she's a beauty & I know you'll all be perfect together :rolleyes:

#23 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:24 PM

Shaylee sures looks relaxed and content in her new home. :rolleyes: Great pictures Jane.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#24 Sparkles

Sparkles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:07 AM

Congratulations to you guys!!! She is going to be loved and spoiled!

Sarah, Greta, and Duke

#25 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:08 AM

It's not kennel cough....it's full blown Parvo and I haven't had my parvo shots.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We AREN'T taking you to the vet so you had better just hurry and get well.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#26 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:09 AM

By the way, I am in tears again! I am so happy for Shaylee.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#27 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:42 AM

How'd the first nite with your new baby go?

#28 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:41 AM

How'd the first nite with your new baby go?

It was splendid! She doesn't bark, she doesn't whine, she doesn't make a sound. She is gentle, housebroken, will roll over on her back to get her stomach rubbed, comes when you call her, wants to play with Tiki, but Tiki still has her nose out of joint because she can't believe she STAYED and didn't go home, and she is very affectionate. She will sit down and stay there until you put the food down and tell her "okay". She is learning that "okay" is her release word.

She is sneezing and wheezing, however, and some of the discharge has a green tint to it so I have a vet appt for 3:10. Maybe she needs some antibiotic? I also want him to look at her skin to see if antibiotic might clear some of those lesions up as well.

I wish we could go on our walk but the ice is everywhere and she's not really up to it today. She's dragging because she's a little sick.

This dog is so good that I can now see why we named Tiki, "the evil one" years ago. :P I'm so used to her antics I had forgotten what a good dog is. Shaylee is a GOOD DOG!! You should all be jealous! :rolleyes:

I love you guys. Thanks for all the well wishes and congratulatory messages.

Jane
contented Mom

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#29 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:01 PM

I would be jealous if I wasn't so happy for Shaylee. I hope Tiki can get her nose back into place and enjoy her new sister.

#30 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:35 PM

I took her for her first walk around the block which is about 23 minutes or so and let me tell you.....

SHE LOVES SQUIRRELS! Of course we had to see three of them cross the road and a couple more in the woods, and of course the gravel was covered with the freezing rain.... need I say more? I didn't fall, but I was water skiing there a couple of times. This dog is STRONG!

I can't wait for the park to thaw out and for her to feel better. Once I walk some of this energy off I'll be able to train her to walk behind me rather than straining to walk ahead of me. I'll weigh her at the vet today. She's as strong as a horse.

Gee, have I talked about my new baby enough? Do I sound like a babbling idiot yet? I'm so glad you dobe people understand this. It would drive everyone else nuts!

Gotta go clean house and go to the vet.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#31 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:33 PM

Is it possible to talk about our babies too much? We love hearing all about it!! Sounds like Shaylee has it made!! Good luck at the vet's.
Lori

Edited by bumpster, 02 March 2006 - 02:34 PM.

You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#32 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 03:56 PM

She is sneezing and wheezing, however, and some of the discharge has a green tint to it so I have a vet appt for 3:10.  Maybe she needs some antibiotic?  I also want him to look at her skin to see if antibiotic might clear some of those lesions up as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

zinc and andrographis will help!!! worked wonders for skitter & bella when the :rolleyes: kennel cough was working it's way through our house...

we also added vitamin c and e and colloidal silver...

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#33 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:21 PM

Joni it sounds like you are speaking a foreign language! :P

Good, Lori, here I am again!

We just got back from the vets. While she was in the office she snorted out a big green goober so they knew what I was referring to. Shaylee is very cooperative that way! :P They put her on antibiotic, we got her heart worm meds, she got her nails trimmed a little (she didn't flinch), and she goes back in ten days so the vet can recheck her lymphnodes. They are swollen on the sides of her neck. She said it may be this infection that she has.

Hey Arda, did you cough on my dog? hahaha! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Omigosh, they are playing for the first time in the family room. I dare not breathe lest I upset nature's balance here. :rolleyes: Now it's a stare down. Okay it's over. That was quick! It's getting better and better!

I really do have to go clean house!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#34 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:38 PM

Joni it sounds like you are speaking a foreign language! :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All are immune system boosters...
zinc - helps me with common/head colds (better for me than echineachea (sp?))
androgrpahis - herbs for cardiovascular immune system but works very well for "flushing" gunk out of the lungs - great for clearing wheezing
colloidal silver - another overall immune system booster

You can get the above (except andrographis) at Vitamin Outlet, GNC, and the like... I have andrographis on-hand if you want a few pills to have the lovely lady try...

the rest I hope you recognize :P

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#35 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:55 PM

Oh, she weighed in at 84 pounds. I figure we should aim for a 15 pound weight loss? That's an estimate. She stands almost as tall as Tiki but is stockier so that balances it out. Tiki is now around 68-70 or so and is PERFECT.

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#36 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:35 PM

I am glad things are going well. I hope the antibiotics work quickly and Tiki realizes how lucky she is to have a new sister!

#37 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:55 AM

Tiki is now around 68-70 or so and is PERFECT.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rolleyes:

#38 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:09 AM

:rolleyes: I'm so glad everything is going so well--2 really are twice the fun! You mentioned going to the park--do you live near Hines? Just wondered 'cause I used to walk my last Dobe there when I lived in Livonia.

#39 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:57 AM

:rolleyes: I'm so glad everything is going so well--2 really are twice the fun!  You mentioned going to the park--do you live near Hines?  Just wondered 'cause I used to walk my last Dobe there when I lived in Livonia.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am about 20 minutes from Hines, but I go to the state park in Northville instead. I should try Hines out when the park is iced over.

We just got back from the park, as a matter of fact. Shaylee had her first 45 minute walk through the woods. She is learning how to walk by my side and not in front of me. She did better after the first 20 minutes or so when she got some of that energy worked out. She is NUTZ for the SQUIRRELS and loses all focus when she spots one. She's like a tank on a mission! Tiki used to be the same way so I know we can work that out. :flower:

Tiki is busy pointing out all of Shaylee's boogers. Shaylee sneezes when she first gets out of bed and sprays them all over the floor and doors and walls and then Tiki has to go push them all around with her nose like she does when she finds urine droplets. It's how I know someone had an accident. She is GREAT like that. Only I don't want her to catch the cold by jamming her nose into it. :P

I was so tickled at the end of the walk that Shaylee actually was able to jump on to the back seat. I had to help her up there the last two days, but the walk must have limbered her up! :blink: That's how it worked with Tango too. She'd start out where I'd have to carry her and end up hopping into the car at the end of a good walk.

I love my dogs. :P

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#40 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:59 PM

"Oxy Solution" has peroxide in it so you can just spray the walls and the floor and all the boogers foam up making them easier to see and wipe up!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users