137 replies to this topic

#1 dobbiehearted

dobbiehearted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:09 PM

Hey guys I am not sure how many of you know me if you did not come out lately... but I have been at that swamp for awhile... I first want to say thankyou forever to Arda-- that very nice lady who just makes all this happen over and over--

Then a very special thanks to my Auntie Nichole and Kathye... for being extra nice to me when I needed the extra tlc...

Thanks to Kevin for loading up that very heavy metal crate in my new moms car....

When we got home I ran through the house and checked every room out.. I saw this very handsome boy in the full length mirror who I could not stop looking at.. My new mom had to turn the mirror around-- that is the only thing I did that probably was less than perfect...

I think I will like it here as there are lots of toys and 3 doggie beds for me to choose from the back yard is not like the swamp, but pretty good....

I found this chair in the photos, that is in my new moms office and snuggled in it as I am not sure if I fit in it right.....

I borrowed a crate from Auntie Nichole and Uncle Jim-- and when it was all put together I went in it without being told-- I really wanted to come out and without the door being shut I was told I could..so I will go in there when my mom leaves me...

My mom keeps kissing me and loving me up-- I think this is a sure thing here and I will not be leaving this place-- I kept trying to sneak my magic in everytime my mom visited me at the swamp...... I get the feeling today I became permanent magic to my new mom and I think I will lover her forever..-- she sure loves me already..

ooh one other thing..when we were driving on Michigan Avenue. my mom was going the speed limit because of the loaded truck... and there was 19 cars behind Nichole as no one could pass.. it was cute....

Attached Files

My Beloved Lexa (April 1998 --Jan 2008)
My Cherished Loki -SCD ( May 2008- August 2012) *
http://www.secondcha...ic=6378&hl=loki
Baby Koda

#2 shromada

shromada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:15 PM

Congratulations Loki on your new forever home and family!!!

#3 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:48 PM

Congrats Loki on choosing your new human, fine choice. :(

#4 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:56 PM

Congratulations Loki and Janet!! A house without a dobe just isn't a home. :(

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#5 dobes4ever

dobes4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:16 AM

Congratulations Loki on your new forever home!! :(
Mike & Peg
Gretta
& Kloee the cat!
!

RV Innovations, LLC
RV Decks & Supplies
On-Line Store Coming Soon

#6 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:16 AM

Loki what a handsome boy you are! I just know you are going to be one spoiled boy. :( We are looking forward to updates and lots and LOTS of pictures. We just love pictures!!
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#7 dobbiehearted

dobbiehearted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:37 AM

Loki is a powerful boy-- I am use to my danty girl... I am in love with this boy so willing to please.. He is trying to take everything in and doing such a good job..

He did meet the male dog next door thru the fence... and he has been running free daily with the kennel dogs for weeks.... no problem...

first time he met his male neighbor he smelled thru the fence and then the other dog very gently went up to the top of the fence.. Loki got a bit snippy.. or wanted to play rough.. I dont know.. but by the other dog showing Loki "hey we can almost walk over this fence if we want to" I will have to heighten the fence... I kept him on a leash only when the neighbors male is out as I dont feel secure he wont try and leap.... when he gets to the fence and starts to go up as the neighbor is..I pull the collar and say down???-- right ?? he will get t his, but I am not sure this will keep him from doing it if I am not out there to be sure fence must be made higher...

This dog next door is a facination to him, naturally.. the stimuli is overflowing...

we are only on our first morning... he slept near me on the floor while I slept on the couch.. ..

I see him so willing to please a very good dog.. I made a great choice as I am crazy about him.. .... when my son came home he was very leary-- skiddish.. but soon was laying next to him chewing and I am thinking that went smooth...

good chew toy suggestions?? He has a large kong and a very durable nylabone thing that almost cant be chewed-- he is a powerful chewer... I have to give him some more durable chews... he shredded a huge rope in an hour...

I am taking the day off work today..have to make this a Loki day-- also his first time being left alone in the crate while I run to the store..
Baby Koda

#8 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:38 AM

Congratulations to both of you! Loki sure couldn't of found a better dobermom than you. What a handsome doberboy. I am so glad that you found such a wonderful furkid to take home - I knew it would only be time before you left the swamp with one of Arda's elite. I would take them all home if I could and I know I won't adopt from anywhere else but the swamp. I look forward to meeting you out there - soon as school is out and I don't have to sub on my days off I should have some extra time (crossing my fingers) - especially since my bottles are collecting up in the basement!
"Qui me amat, amat et canem meum" (Love me, love my dog)
The more people I meet the more I like my dog
"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience"
-Woodrow Wilson
"Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate in their object-relations."
-Sigmund Freud

#9 dcarl47312

dcarl47312

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:58 AM

I'm so happy for you Janet!! Loki has won the doggie lottery and can't begin to know how lucky he is.What a beautiful & happy looking boy,I know you are both meant for each other and I wish you both many many wonderful years.Have a great day(Iknow you will);Don,Rebecca & Shiloh

#10 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:00 AM

when he gets to the fence and starts to go up as the neighbor is..I pull the collar and say down???-- right ??

good chew toy suggestions??

Just my 2 cents worth here. I would think 'off' would be a better command, instead of 'down'. Usually 'down' means to 'lay down'.

Dude loves the natural bones. I get them at PetSmart for about $4. The ones he likes are a cow shin bone that has been polished smooth. He prefers them over any thing else. Isabel likes them but only after they have some Dude spit on them!! :(
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

-Mark Twain-

#11 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:05 AM

Janet,

I'm so happy for you and Loki. I'm looking forward to meeting you (and all the Swamp regulars) one of these days, but in the meantime, I feel like I've gotten to know you a little bit through your posts, and I just know that Loki is one lucky boy.

Regarding him jumping on the fence (or anything else for that matter), if you ever plan to do obedience training, I would use another word besides "down," as that word means to lie down. When my dogs jump on something I don't want them to, I use the word "off."

Congratulations!

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#12 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:28 AM

Congratulations Janet and Loki! I couldn't be happier for both of you! I can't wait to meet Loki. :(
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#13 dobbiehearted

dobbiehearted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:51 PM

Iknow-- another pic of him sleeping--- humor me as it has been a long time to adore one of these dolls...

We are taking the day and I am working from home playing hookie kind of..... it is hard not to.. we have had two people visitors and Loki goes to the screen and barks -- if you know him that is a heck of a "maybe you should think twice of coming in"-- then he politely goes to them and snuggles.. he doesnt kiss at all-- (yet)

he then sits up like a perfect sit and snuggles as close to you as you sit ... it is one of his cute things.. He is sleeping lots--I guess it is the peace and quiet and just all the changes upon this darling boy.... he lays in the sun right behind me where I wanted him to feel comfy while I work at the computer... h e likes to put his head against the metal heater that is not functional.. I want his head on "his pillow" but I will let him lay the way he wants.

I hear him move now and then so I caught a pic of him raising his head.. He gathers his toys as to say these are really mine ?.. we have so much to learn..this week is more of settling in-- as you know who have brought your new dear heart home it is very emotional as you get to know them..and they you....

I will have to leave him at some point today and place him in the crate-- I know he will do fine, and him being in a crate is important for when I leave for a few hours.. I know .....

I am reviewing everything as I forgot.. -- feeding times/ snacks.. my refrig is bare as there was not the planning I thought would be attached to this event-- as I just went and picked him up late sunday right in the middle of moving my furniture around..-- no plans just thougth what the heck am I waiting for-- scooped him up with no plans.. here we are...

Let me "try" and stop his diary.... as this dog is so sweet-- he is truly feeling more relaxed every few hours.... Tonight will be our first walk when it cools down-- I may update-- again it has been a long time so I am a bit over the top with updates and photos I know...

Attached Files

Baby Koda

#14 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:43 PM

Keep the updates and pictures coming. I love 'em! He is adorable! Cute butt! :(
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#15 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

Janet - You could never be 'over the top' with updates and pictures, we LOVE them! Thank you for giving Loki his second chance!!
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

-Mark Twain-

#16 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:36 PM

There can never be too many pictures! We got to see Loki the last couple times we were there and he is beautiful! When Joaquin asked me which one was Loki, I said "the one with the big bark." He would definitely scare off a burglar or three with that bark, lol! I am so happy to see that somebody finally stole your heart, Lexa is smiling down at you both. :(

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#17 Annie Moon

Annie Moon

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:00 PM

He is a big beautiful boy, CONGRATULATIONS !
I have to agree... he does have a darn cute butt. :(
I'm glad you found someone to love.
In Memory of Mariah He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.  ~Unknown~

#18 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:24 PM

Congrats on your new boy, hes a cutie!!:(
I know you will have so many great times
together!!!!
Good Luck...:sorcerer::)

Daisy

#19 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:05 PM

Congratulation's to both of you. Loki looks all settled in, what a handsome guy he is and very happy to "be home".
Diana and Nixx
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#20 LuvmydobeApollo

LuvmydobeApollo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:38 PM

YAH!!!! im so happy for you!!!! He is a big gorgeous boy!!! He will be a great companion for you. He sure is handsome!!! Love the pix

Sharen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users