110 replies to this topic

#21 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 12:15 PM

Jane - You mean I'm gonna be the next one voted off the island and sent back to the Swamp? :) I better start packing.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#22 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:16 PM

We all meet at the big bonfire next to the swamp...it will be decided then who has to wash the smelly newbies...and who gets to make them smile.... :)
HAHAHAHA...
OR...we could play with dolls like they did on "Gilligan's Island, the Game Show" where they made little dolls of everyone.. Then the furbabies could use them as chew toys :D

#23 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:36 PM

So is this it for the schedule? Are there enough people signed up? Are there time slots still without volunteers?

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#24 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:50 PM

I have to figure out IF I can volunteer that weekend before committing myself to a time slot.
SO....I'll probably be finding myself out at the swamp on one of those days helping, then probably just get shipped over to the flower sale. I dunno yet!!!
Wish I could give a time slot for SURE that I could work, everyone. It depends on how my TILING is going, too....(God, I don't know if I should laugh or cry at the idea of tiling my own bathroom/kitchen..:P)

#25 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:02 AM

I have orders for 8 flats and 3 fushia baskets :P
so far... Yeah!

I will be trying to get more this week!

See you all at the posey lot :P :D
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#26 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:48 AM

I'm on Dayshift for the next couple months, but if we can set the tents up around 4 on Thursday I can give you a hand. I will help where there isn't anyone signed up, just to make sure all of the slots are full. Kathye can't help on this but she will take care of the kennel if needed. She gets severe headaches with the smell of flowers.
Kevin

#27 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 10:12 AM

Kevin,

I have the two tents to set up on thursday anytime after noon. Let me know what is best for you.

I am working on the flower schedule now and will have it post today. :P

Thanks
Allison

#28 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 10:14 AM

Cathy

I need to place an order for 12 flats of flowers.

Allison

#29 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:30 AM

I'm on Dayshift for the next couple months, but if we can set the tents up around 4 on Thursday I can give you a hand. I will help where there isn't anyone signed up, just to make sure all of the slots are full. Kathye can't help on this but she will take care of the kennel if needed. She gets severe headaches with the smell of flowers.
Kevin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, Kevin, you really neeed to quit this so-called "job" you have so you can help out more! :P

I hope you know that I am kidding, and that it is well known how tremendous much you do for Adra and the dogs - Arda said to tease you, though.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#30 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:41 AM

Cathy

I need to place an order for 12 flats of flowers.

Allison

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GREAT!

Kari is handling all the orders that are posted on here. (adding them up so we make sure to set them aside) Any particular kinds/ colors?

maybe we should make a saying with something like:

Help clean the air
put
Flowers everywhere!

:P

Oh, I will bring some clip on flowers for the dogs that will be there. Yeap, a posey on the collar or necklace of flowers?... that should make people smile.
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#31 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:21 PM

Allison,
My new shiift is 6a.m.- 2:30, then I have a min. of 1hour 15 min. drive to Home/SCD. So I would say 4 would be the best time for me.

#32 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:28 PM

GREAT!

Oh, I will bring some clip on flowers for the dogs that will be there. Yeap, a posey on the collar or necklace of flowers?... that should make people smile.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:P Arda's going to get you!

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#33 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:34 PM

Tell me again where the flower sale is taking place. I don't have my May oncall schedule yet, but if I am not on call and I know that I am not working I'd like to be there. I can't find the beginning of this message where all that info was given.

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#34 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:02 PM

Lets see if this works

Attached Files

Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#35 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:05 PM

I am getting so good at this computor stuff I make myself sick. :P

Ella :P
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#36 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:54 PM

Ella!!! *LOL*
You're too funny....Good job, though!!! The attachments look great! :P

#37 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:01 PM

Okay, I will be in Battle Creek this weekend. I could come over Sunday and help with whatever you need. I will have at least one (Beefcake will be with me no matter what, because I can't trust him with inexperienced help who might leave him in the fence and then blink...and off he goes...) and up to three dogs with me, depending on how many favors I can call in so I don't have to travel seven hours with the whole gang. Let me know if you need help on Sunday.

#38 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:52 PM

Kari,

I'm going to need 2 more flats. One of short marigolds, the other tall marigolds. I just need to find out what color they are .... I forgot to ask. arghhhh....

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#39 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 11:22 AM

Hey everyone...
I won't be able to volunteer at the flower sale, because of time slots, and with the border, it's a pain to actually get there on a certain time, and I'd have to leave early because the border on a Saturday night coming from the U.S. is CRAZY because of the amount of kids going to Windsor to get boozed up on the weekend because of the legal age difference..
I will, however, go out to the swamp on Saturday to help Arda out, if that's ok. And, if Arda needs any running from swamp to flower sale, (doubtful, but in case) I'm sure I could find my way back and forth....hopefully...but with the amount of DETOURS I've encountered my past few times out to the swamp, I'm sure I could find my way anywhere!! :P
Ok, just thought I'd let everyone know of MY plans..>HAHA...I know, care factor isn't too high about this, but just to share!
Alright, I hope there are some more happy ending stories today!!! I was so excited to see that Max got adopted!! I'm hoping this one works out for him! He so deserves it...they ALL deserve to get adopted!
Ciao, ladies & gents!
~JennyMay~
Posted Image

#40 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 03:17 PM

I have a slight problem after all, for next weekend.
We have my neice's 2nd birthday party on Saturday, which we can't miss....I'd get my bum tanned.
Sunday...is my very first mother's day!! I'm kinda excited!! IF I can get out for a bit on Sunday, that'd be best bet. I'm hoping to make it out ONE of the 2 days, but might be hard....we'll just have to see!
Hope everyone is doing well!
~JennyMay~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users