73 replies to this topic

#41 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 09:36 AM

Coming in late here, but I can help with some graphics/layout work if need be. I'm with Heather, can't cook my way out of a mac 'n cheese box to save my life (or rather, I don't like to), but my hubby is a WONDERFUL cook and could maybe through in a recipe or two. :hug:
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#42 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:06 AM

Oh that's AWESOME Mandy...and it's so good to "hear" from you. It's been a long while since I've seen you on the board and I know you've been missed. Hope for you that you have a WONDERFUL New Year and I appreciate your offer of "technical" help. "Cooking skills" are only a portion of what's needed for this project...so I'll keep all you computer kids "fed" and you use your talents to help make this project a "finished" one! Again, "thanks EVERYONE"!!!
Suzi
"let them (man) rule over all the earth, the fish, birds, livetock, all that move on the ground. Gen 1:26" Seems some misunderstood the word "rule" and exchanged it for "cruel", and now I give thanks to God for the "rescue angels".

#43 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:15 PM

Oh that's AWESOME Mandy...and it's so good to "hear" from you.  It's been a long while since I've seen you on the board and I know you've been missed.  Hope for you that you have a WONDERFUL New Year and I appreciate your offer of "technical" help.  "Cooking skills" are only a portion of what's needed for this project...so I'll keep all you computer kids "fed" and you use your talents to help make this project a "finished" one!  Again, "thanks EVERYONE"!!!
Suzi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm here every day...just don't always have time to post responses from work, as much as I'd love to. :hug:
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#44 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:34 AM

I'm a baker ... Not much of a cook - but I have a couple of cookie/cake recipies that are popular and some excellent fondue sauces if they would be helpful.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#45 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:59 PM

Hi Stef...ANYTHING that anyone can contribute to this effort will be WONDERFUL. THE one most important thing is ENTHUSIASTIC COMMITTMENT...so thank you EVERYBODY for keeping this sector of the Forum brought to the front now and again.
Godspeed,
Suzi
"let them (man) rule over all the earth, the fish, birds, livetock, all that move on the ground. Gen 1:26" Seems some misunderstood the word "rule" and exchanged it for "cruel", and now I give thanks to God for the "rescue angels".

#46 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:03 PM

SCD COOKBOOK "ROUNDUP"!!!!
Ok everyone, for those who have offered your gifts, talents, recipes and general all purpose help ~ it is TIME to make a DATED committment to get this project underway.
MAY I PLEASE STRESS, this is NOT about "me" or you, it is about our committment to making a better life for SCD's, and even a little better life for Arda where possible by her being able to see what can be done for the kids she gives her lifes blood to! SO, if we want to work and help at SCD that is the FIRST and greatest commitment, BUT if we want to financially help support SCD then THIS is a project we can help do that with...it will ONLY BE AS GOOD AS THE PEOPLE BEHIND IT. So if we can give it a few "dated" committments, with some solid activity for just this purpose then the rest can be done out of peoples homes, home computers, and brought together in a timely fashion. My goal is to get this up and OUT, finished and completed by Memorial Day!!! If that doesn't look possible then I would shoot for July 2nd for an early July 4th Celebration at SCD (after SCD work is done that morning) and have a "Cookbook KICKOFF"! Frank has been so sweet, and given that new grill to SCD and I am only guessing but think he would offer his services as one of the "grillmasters" for that day if he's free.
YOU GUYS TELL ME....
I need to know out of the list of people who have hit this post site over the months WHO can meet at SCD on Saturday or Sunday or EITHER on the weekend of:
APRIL 1st (Sat)
APRIL 2nd (Sun)
I NEED TO KNOW.............please! This can't be done without one or probably TWO gatherings, and particularly those with computer awareness, printing knowledge, etc.!
We will shoot for this one date for now, get feedback and then renegotiate if necessary. I just need some serious helpers here so I look forward to everyone coming on board and committing if you possibly can.
I am SO excited about what this CAN bring to SCD. It WILL bring $$$, but I think EVEN MORE, it will bring awareness, and education, and open hearts...just a "cookbook" can find tremendous "forever homes" for the furkids through people who didn't know this group existed. This project can be as great and impacting as we want it to be...so what do you say???
Love,
Suzi :pinch:

#47 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:42 PM

I'll commit to either day and my law office would be a perfect place to sell them, especially since I buy a lot of the crap for people's kids' schools.

#48 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 03:28 PM

Excellant Vicki. And you're right, your workplace would be a great avenue for sales. In fact there are SOOO many wonderful means in which to encourage sales of this Cookbook through all of our branches of life...it is almost endless, word of mouth and hands on can make this an awesome gift to oneself, a family, and for any purpose under the sun. SO, first we need the commitment, the volunteers, and the ENTHUSIASM of everyone...without the "lets DO it" syndrome being in motion we won't make this happen.
Godspeed everyone,
suzi

#49 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:38 PM

This was a copy and paste from EARLIER...need to keep at top in order for this to work...no commitments this week and I will assume that this is not a project any longer of interest and that is fine, it was simply an offer of the heart. Lots of people can be "interested" but interested will not get it done.
Love and Godspeed,
suzi

SCD COOKBOOK "ROUNDUP"!!!!
Ok everyone, for those who have offered your gifts, talents, recipes and general all purpose help ~ it is TIME to make a DATED committment to get this project underway.
MAY I PLEASE STRESS, this is NOT about "me" or you, it is about our committment to making a better life for SCD's, and even a little better life for Arda where possible by her being able to see what can be done for the kids she gives her lifes blood to! SO, if we want to work and help at SCD that is the FIRST and greatest commitment, BUT if we want to financially help support SCD then THIS is a project we can help do that with...it will ONLY BE AS GOOD AS THE PEOPLE BEHIND IT. So if we can give it a few "dated" committments, with some solid activity for just this purpose then the rest can be done out of peoples homes, home computers, and brought together in a timely fashion. My goal is to get this up and OUT, finished and completed by Memorial Day!!! If that doesn't look possible then I would shoot for July 2nd for an early July 4th Celebration at SCD (after SCD work is done that morning) and have a "Cookbook KICKOFF"! Frank has been so sweet, and given that new grill to SCD and I am only guessing but think he would offer his services as one of the "grillmasters" for that day if he's free.
YOU GUYS TELL ME....
I need to know out of the list of people who have hit this post site over the months WHO can meet at SCD on Saturday or Sunday or EITHER on the weekend of:
APRIL 1st (Sat)
APRIL 2nd (Sun)
I NEED TO KNOW.............please! This can't be done without one or probably TWO gatherings, and particularly those with computer awareness, printing knowledge, etc.!
We will shoot for this one date for now, get feedback and then renegotiate if necessary. I just need some serious helpers here so I look forward to everyone coming on board and committing if you possibly can.
I am SO excited about what this CAN bring to SCD. It WILL bring $$$, but I think EVEN MORE, it will bring awareness, and education, and open hearts...just a "cookbook" can find tremendous "forever homes" for the furkids through people who didn't know this group existed. This project can be as great and impacting as we want it to be...so what do you say???
Love,
Suzi

#50 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:02 PM

Suzi
I can make it on that weekend.
Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#51 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:48 PM

Suzi -

I can make it that weekend. Are we talking both days or just one? Also, I can try to sell some of our "finished product" at the courthouse. After all, I have a "captive audience." HA!

Looking forward to it.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#52 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:30 PM

THANK YOU GIRLS@!!! EVERYONE READING THIS, PLEASE READ "UP" and jump in or on, PLEASE...
thank you.
OH, and Linda it would be just for "one" of those days to start off. We will probably need one down the road but one at a time is good:).
Godspeed, Suzi

#53 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:50 AM

I'm good for that weekend. I can probably even bring a laptop if I "puppy-eye" my dad. *giggling*

Are you planning to have them all as *.doc, *.txt or *.rtf files so that you can just dump it together?

I have graphics software if necessary.

Stef
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

#54 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:31 AM

Stef...did I tell you that I'm computer savvy or computer sorry...I meant to tell everyone the best label for me is "sorry".
I have no idea, THAT is why I need YOUR KIND :innocent:, I don't KNOW how we want it, but a laptop with software of a friendly nature for this plan WOULD be a blessing. And if you can't puppy eye your dad enough we have LOTS of Dobes who can ;) !!!
On a serious note though, I'm hoping this meet will cover "Design", as in cover design choices, layout, publishing choices,etc. That way, there are so many who can send us things from home that won't be able to attend but still be apart. Too though that means that this first meeting will have to be a serious to do...I want to shoot for a MAXIMUM of three meetings (two should swing it) so that this stays FUN and doesn't become a headache to anyone or rob SCD of work time, workers, etc. ALSO, I would love for EVERYONE to SERIOUSLY be gathering or writing up to THREE personal Dobe stories each, with up to three pics each. You can do a full page pic with just a caption, a smaller pick with a partial story, but they will have to cover a complete page. These are going to be the fillers that SELL this cookbook...these are gonna be the HEART and REALITY of our SCD's and what they go through, why we have them, and what they mean to us...mainly how they enrich the lives of those who adopt. SO, remember up to three 3 stories, pics with captions or combo for EACH person joining this entire project. And your contributions will come back to the SCD's in ways that are priceless!!!
C'MON EVERYBODY...LET'S DO THIS.....

EVERYONE READING :stuart: :P :( PLEALSE read UP several posts and see the date we are speaking of and sign on if you're able and willing. I'm not gonna chase everyone down, I'm gonna let this post spot run until Thursday and then I'm gonna guess we have everyone who want to be there signed up. By posting you keep this at the top of the board so thank you so much. Its gonna be great, it just is!!! :pinch:

#55 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:13 AM

I should be able to make one of those days... My niece's b'day is 4/1 so I'm not sure which day will be cake and party...

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#56 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:31 AM

Joni we're gonna shoot for that SUNDAY if it works for everyone...Mainly because it seems to be everyones quietest day, so hope it works out for you so much as I do hope it works for everyone. Probably shoot for a 12:00 or 12:30 time, but if no one can come Sunday we'll try Sat. YOU GUYS ARE IN CHARGE OF THIS...I'm guessing you're all going with a SUNDAY, please inform if not ok? THANKS. suzi

#57 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:00 PM

I think if you could save them as RTF files it would facilitate ease of transition. And, it's MAC and PC compatible. That way more than one person could work on them.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#58 Nasus

Nasus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:45 PM

Earlier quote: "did I tell you that I'm computer savvy or computer sorry...I meant to tell everyone the best label for me is "sorry".
I have no idea, THAT is why I need YOUR KIND , I don't KNOW how we want it,"

Linda, this quote I made to Steph earlier speaks for itself. You see, I can coordinate, I can encourage, I can write with elegance, I can take pics, I can cook for 500 people and have them coming back for more and have enough of my own recipes to write my own book ( NOT BRAGGING, just facts at the age of experience that I am) ~ but when it comes to computer, you guys can save and file and do whatever it takes and I'm gonna only be able to feed you. I keep most people upset with me because I'm a leadership personality, but that doesn't come with all the brains to go with it, ha!
I respect and appreciate and look forward to all of the computer blessed minds that are going to serve in this project...so "help" everyone, feel free to "help".
Love ya,
suzi

#59 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:44 AM

And, it's MAC and PC compatible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love macs.... :clover: I just wish I could afford one.... ;)

Linda's right - if we save them all as "Rich Text Format" or *.rtf then they will be compatible with different platforms and applications.

#60 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:07 AM

Suzi,
If I read all this right I am to bring..

a recipe but I don't have any of my own :clover: I'll get something from my grandma :clover:

3 pics and a write up about the dogs

Is that all you need?

P.S. thanks for getting this all together.
2006 has been a crazy year so far. Seems, the days are getting shorter and there is just not enought time to get anything done. Heck, I have a whole list of things that was suppose to be done last year. ;)

Cath
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users